Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla - UK delivery/lead times, etc

bruce e

I refused to accept the terms and conditions for that system so don't have access to it I'm afraid!

23 hours ago, simond64 said:

I’ve measured mpg from pump fill ups to check accuracy of car data, I got 55.2 mpg on A roads over 90 miles and 48-50 mpg in town.  The car recorded 55.7 as I reset average prior to 90 mile drive. 
A bit disappointed really with results, this is a 2.0 TS Excel driven carefully and tried to generate recharge, no heavy acceleration and on reliable flat terrain with little traffic

Yes just got back from Scotland (to Humberside) a fair test on all sorts of roads. 150 miles on motorway, 100 miles on very hilly twisty turny roads, the last 50 on relatively flat A roads. Not forgetting a very slow moving 30 mins traffic jam (stop/start).

It showed an average of 58 MPG. I have A brand new 2.0L TS. I previously owned the 1.8L and I think on this type of drive was in the same ballpark.

With the old car very careful driving in rural Humberside 75 - 80 MPG was not uncommon.

I found the whole experience of the New car much better, in the knowledge that the power was there if needed, not that I need it that often.

My biggest gripe is that the car wants to slow down at every bend unless you have your foot on the accelerator, am I missing something or can this function be disabled?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, panmat said:

Yes just got back from Scotland (to Humberside) a fair test on all sorts of roads. 150 miles on motorway, 100 miles on very hilly twisty turny roads, the last 50 on relatively flat A roads. Not forgetting a very slow moving 30 mins traffic jam (stop/start).

It showed an average of 58 MPG. I have A brand new 2.0L TS. I previously owned the 1.8L and I think on this type of drive was in the same ballpark.

With the old car very careful driving in rural Humberside 75 - 80 MPG was not uncommon.

I found the whole experience of the New car much better, in the knowledge that the power was there if needed, not that I need it that often.

My biggest gripe is that the car wants to slow down at every bend unless you have your foot on the accelerator, am I missing something or can this function be disabled?

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and experience. 
I don’t know if you can adjust regenerative braking but you can try with + on your steering wheel if you have any or go in manual mode for selecting gears and try + gear before bend and see if you can trick the car. If not you have to regulate with precise accelerator control. Just watch power meter to remain at the border between regen and ev drive. 

image.thumb.jpeg.4af4a5194f8d538fa89c7ba2595efb60.jpeg
All hybrids and evs are acting very similarly, some more pronounced than others. 

21 minutes ago, TonyHSD said:

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and experience. 
I don’t know if you can adjust regenerative braking but you can try with + on your steering wheel if you have any or go in manual mode for selecting gears and try + gear before bend and see if you can trick the car. If not you have to regulate with precise accelerator control. Just watch power meter to remain at the border between regen and ev drive.

image.thumb.jpeg.4af4a5194f8d538fa89c7ba2595efb60.jpeg
All hybrids and evs are acting very similarly, some more pronounced than others. 

I understand what you are saying, but this is all to do with taking a bend it seems to want to slow you down to much and then speed back up using braking and accelerating when it is not necessary. Obviously this is with AAC selected. 

Your thoughts, I believe this is a new feature with MY23s it certainly wasn’t present on MY19

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, panmat said:

I understand what you are saying, but this is all to do with taking a bend it seems to want to slow you down to much and then speed back up using braking and accelerating when it is not necessary. Obviously this is with AAC selected. 

Your thoughts, I believe this is a new feature with MY23s it certainly wasn’t present on MY19

Probably answered my own question.

Quote from the brochure……

PROACTIVE DRIVING ASSIST, 
DECELERATION ASSIST (DA) 
This system supports smooth deceleration 
when the accelerator pedal is released, when 
approaching a curve or a preceding car

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, panmat said:

Go to settings and switch off PDA.  That should stop the car braking all the time. See my previous post on this thread.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bigblock said:

Go to settings and switch off PDA.  That should stop the car braking all the time. See my previous post on this thread.

Thanks, will try that, this is all very new 🫡

2 hours ago, panmat said:

Thanks, will try that, this is all very new 🫡

There is curve speed reduction, that shows a symbol on the dashboard when active, I agree it’s too aggressive, PDA can be over reactive, useful a lot of the time but then it seems to suddenly brake when there is no obstruction ahead, I think the PDA system needs refinement and maybe that will come in future over the air updates. 

• Like 1

On 8/5/2023 at 9:47 AM, TonyHSD said:

Thank you so much for sharing your experience. Is this a 1.8 or 2.0 version? Efficiency and performance sound exactly as I expected. I haven’t driven one yet but I am sure will be a nice car. The 16” wheels and tyres are real bonus to these cars. Thanks again. 

Its the 2.0.  

Did more motorway miles at the weekend (with hellish congestion at times) got 58 to 59 mpg.  

Having the Intelligent Adaptive Cruise Control bring the car to a stop in the congestion and then restarting, along with the hybrid system just using quieter ev mode, took a lot of the stress out of the traffic.  

• Thanks 2

On 8/2/2023 at 6:12 PM, davejones22 said:

If you have "settled" the finance then it sounds like Toyota sting you for the maximum possible 58 days interest when you do. 

If you exercise your right to "withdraw" in the first two weeks then you should only be charged the few days interest between purchasing the car and phoning for a withdrawal figure.

The potential problem with this is that theoretically Toyota FS could ask for the deposit contribution back.

The interest is absolutely awash with people doing exactly that with not a single report I can find of anyone ever being asked to pay back the deposit contribution (I've read probably around 40 threads on this very topic, although most are for VWFS). They should be able to tell you on the phone at the time presumably. In fact that only time I've ever seen it alluded to actually happening is on this very forum, but there was no evidence to back this up and it's very easy to be confused by the finances of the PCP deals and where each portion of the 'deposit" has come from....

I intend to do one of the above next week so keep us updated!

You are right settling PCP on getting car Toyota charge you 58 days interest.

I had always intended to settle and not withdraw as I had read on other forums that it was possible deposit contribution could be clawed back.

As said in my post I am still benefiting by taking £2500 deposit contribution, just not quite as much as anticipated as interest charge £344.

One thing to be aware of is difficulty in speaking to somebody at TFS. Tried calling Friday afternoon, 6th call in queue on hold for an hour, gave up.

Called first thing this morning about implications of withdrawing. Person I spoke to said couldn't help me and transferred my call. 18 call in queue so requested call back, TFS never called back.

So my advice is start process straight away as I assume lack of staff rather than deliberate delaying means you dont get any speedy answers

• Like 1

Thanks for the update. They certainly haven't replied to my email query which is not surprising in the least.

On 6/16/2023 at 1:29 PM, solfer said:

Does the MyT app automatically change from this screen, when the build starts?

I placed my order via CarWow, I'm assuming that won't make any difference though.. 

Screenshot_2023-06-16-13-27-36-829-edit_app.mytoyota.toyota.com.mytoyota.jpg

In case this applies to anyone else still waiting... 

The last ETA I was given, a few months ago, was 08/08. That came and went with no news and no updates on MyT app, then today the dealer emailed me to say the car is arriving with them today.. 

MyT still hasn't updated, but at least I know I'll have the car soon! Although I now might as well wait to have it registered with 73 plates.

Just ordered my third Corolla yesterday (1.8 Excel hatch), have been quoted around mid November.

How does that line up with others so far?

19 hours ago, bewA said:

Just ordered my third Corolla yesterday (1.8 Excel hatch), have been quoted around mid November.

Sounds plausible, lead times on the hatchbacks are apparently less.

Looking on the Toyota website they don't seem to be quoting times any more...?

• Like 1

On 8/3/2023 at 6:59 PM, davejones22 said:

Yep, it seems pretty clear on the face of it. Just a little odd that the clause is without doubt in the wrong section of the agreement, and the deposit contribution is never quantified anywhere within the agreement.

I can't find a single post anywhere online of anyone ever being asked to pay back the deposit contribution. 58 days interest is often more than £200-300 at the beginning of the PCP and I'm loathe to waste it for no reason.

I've sent TFS as email, be interesting to see if I get a response of any use (I suspect not..).

Interestingly the agreement starts on the day it is signed, not when the car is collected / available. I guess that's inevitable.

Did you ever get a firm answer on this?

Kevin, how about you?

Not yet. My settlement figure has about £240 interest on it (requested it the evening I picked up the car), so could be worse. Need to phone TFS tomorrow to enquire about withdrawing.

Picked up my car very recently (1.8 TS icon) - hugely impressed so far.

Some observations:

- The adaptive cruise control & lane assist is superb, blows my 2023 Citroen out of the water in that respect.

- Ride quality is absolutely fantastic, way beyond what I was expecting. Coming from a Skoda Karoq, which is a pretty well regarded car, is night & day. The taller Skoda was surprisingly harsh over any bumps yet still had a bit of body roll at speed, the Corolla rides beautifully in both aspects. I certainly wouldn't swap out of 16" wheels if they are contributing to this, as it's remarkably comfortable. Nearly as good as our Citroen over the bumps, which is unfortunately a wallowy mess around any corners!

- Overall build quality seems excellent, no rattles etc and nicely put together.

- The Icon spec in Obsidian blue works nicely, the new front end actually works really well with the older style lights as it's a bit more "aggressive" looking. I'd go for a lighter colour with the Design spec as I think the blue works best without the silver highlights and more stylised lights. The 16" wheels let the side down a bit but I like the economy and ride benefits too much to be bothered.

- I prefer the fabric seats on the 2023 to the plastic faux leather seats on our Citroen. They are definitely more "upmarket" than the 2022 Corolla I test drove.

- Missing auto folding mirrors, as with keyless entry it's nice to be able to glance at the car to know it's locked.

- I was a bit apprehensive about the CVT droning under load but clearly the car is designed to waft along economically so it's a bit of a non-issue. However, if I was regularly carting around 4 passengers or a fully loaded car I'd probably spec up to the 2.0 based on my first 250 miles.

- 62 mpg in first 250 miles of 50/50 motorway & mixed driving is extremely impressive without really trying.

• Like 2

On 8/12/2023 at 8:21 PM, bewA said:

I ordered a 2ltr GR Sport mid July and was told mid November delivery (but may take a little longer as I ordered a bi-tone car - White with Black roof) I'm not holding my breath on that delivery.

• Thanks 1

On 8/13/2023 at 10:38 PM, davejones22 said:

Not yet. My settlement figure has about £240 interest on it (requested it the evening I picked up the car), so could be worse. Need to phone TFS tomorrow to enquire about withdrawing.

Apologies for dragging this back to finance again...

I had a call from the dealership at about 5:30pm today, to tell me that the finance had been done for the old model - so the numbers are wrong.

I'm supposed to be collecting the car at 11am tomorrow.

After making sure that the salesman understood that I was really not happy (furious) at any suggestion that I'd be paying more for the car (the Toyota deposit contribution is £1000 less under the new offer) I explained to him that the important number was the purchase price as I intended to settle early (immediately).

He then told me that I needed to make at least two, ideally three, monthly payments before settling as Toyota would take back their deposit contribution otherwise.

As far as I can tell this is simply untrue, it's not mentioned anywhere in the agreement, but I have heard of people being told this before.

Can anyone confirm whether or not there is anything to this salesman's statement? (or is he just trying to protect his commission?)

• Like 1

We had to pay one or maybe two months PCP before buying a Dacia outright some years ago. Frankly, if you get a dealer contribution for taking the loan, I don't think you can complain if they ask for it back when you don't play their game.

There had been some arguments and discussion before here on the forum from members from both sides , some are saying been charged and some are saying opposite. Recently I think in Yaris posts people mentioned something like £300 ish charge but not sure exactly the same and why. Perhaps this model of purchase and ownership has become very popular recently and the sales people found a way to charge something  so they can make something.  I remember how peoples were sure that no penny should be charged and some never been indeed but does know about last few months. Waited for more reply’s ,most interesting indeed. 

Ugh financials, I'd like to keep it on topic but I suppose it comes under "etc" 😂

1 hour ago, Don Mac said:

I had a call from the dealership at about 5:30pm today, to tell me that the finance had been done for the old model - so the numbers are wrong.

After making sure that the salesman understood that I was really not happy (furious) at any suggestion that I'd be paying more for the car (the Toyota deposit contribution is £1000 less under the new offer) I explained to him that the important number was the purchase price as I intended to settle early (immediately).

He then told me that I needed to make at least two, ideally three, monthly payments before settling as Toyota would take back their deposit contribution otherwise.

As far as I can tell this is simply untrue, it's not mentioned anywhere in the agreement, but I have heard of people being told this before.

Can anyone confirm whether or not there is anything to this salesman's statement? (or is he just trying to protect his commission?)

I once paid off pcp after 3 payments, however, your deal should be honoured at this late stage. You don’t say if the price of the car went up or just the contribution went down. 

58 minutes ago, simond64 said:

I once paid off pcp after 3 payments, however, your deal should be honoured at this late stage. You don’t say if the price of the car went up or just the contribution went down. 

The price of the car used for the finance was wrong (I think I didn't notice because the discounted old list price figure at the top of the agreement is very similar to the new price after discount & finance contribution - the 'bottom line' number).

The issue was that I might be moved to a finance deal with a lower contribution from Toyota. I can't grumble at them correcting the price of the car, since I agreed to a deal based on the list price for the new model in the first place.

I'm waiting on a call tomorrow morning about what they have sorted out, knowing that I have threatened to walk if they change the bottom line.

I really feel due a bit of extra compensation for my shredded nerves. Based on their behaviour so far I don't expect so much as an air freshener from the dealership...

10 hours ago, Don Mac said:

The price of the car used for the finance was wrong (I think I didn't notice because the discounted old list price figure at the top of the agreement is very similar to the new price after discount & finance contribution - the 'bottom line' number).

The issue was that I might be moved to a finance deal with a lower contribution from Toyota. I can't grumble at them correcting the price of the car, since I agreed to a deal based on the list price for the new model in the first place.

I'm waiting on a call tomorrow morning about what they have sorted out, knowing that I have threatened to walk if they change the bottom line.

I really feel due a bit of extra compensation for my shredded nerves. Based on their behaviour so far I don't expect so much as an air freshener from the dealership...

I know the feeling although my dealer experience was about non finance things, we shouldn’t have all this stress. Anyway, you ordered the top spec, same as me apart from engine size, I’m confident you won’t be disappointed with the car itself, excellent choice

On 8/15/2023 at 7:05 PM, Don Mac said:

I went through the finance agreement with a very fine tooth comb before I signed it (and would obvs suggest you do too).

They have inserted a clause relating to reclaiming the deposit contribution if you "withdraw" from the agreement, as is your right to do so within the first 14 days of signing. It's unclear how enforceable that really is (history would suggest not very), but the clause is definitely there within the T&C's.

There is absolutely nothing related to the salesmens statement with regards your right to "settle" early. It would have to be very clearly defined in terms of timescale etc because the right to settle is defined under more encompassing consumer credit regulations. They can charge you the 58 days (ish, can't remember the exact figure) interest as a consequence of these regulations.

Case in point, I requested my settlement figure online the day after collecting the car and there is the loan plus 58 days interest on there and nothing more. That's the maximum they can charge at any stage, nothing more can come out of the woodwork.

There may well be a commission problem for the dealer of you settle early, but that has nothing to do with your personal rights or the T&C's of the PCP/HP contract.

I guess there is a chance they are trying to "protect" people who might be confused into accidentally "withdrawing" in the first few weeks and seeing their contribution disappear. But I suspect not.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links