Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Cross - delivery, etc .......

Toyota_FanBoy

3 hours ago, Knorton said:

Mine was like that. Order processing up until the day before I collected the car from the dealer (ordered on 3rd Feb for May/June del) but was delayed for reasons unknown. Chased it up on the Thurs dealer looked on their lists and said it arrives at Grimby tonight or tomorrow(Fri) Got a call on Fri saying it is in the country and due to the two month plus delay I had, they have had it shipped straight to them for the PDI etc and I can pick it up on Tues 8th Aug. So always worth chasing the dealer nearer the expected del date. FYI i never even got order processing until after the original due date.

Kev

Thanks for that info.
Dave

On 10/15/2023 at 1:44 AM, dcweather said:

You say less jarring - which Cross version have you bought?

Sorry for the delay. I bought the Yaris cross design. mind you the up gti runs on 195-40 17" so no tyre give on top of sport (read extremely harsh) suspension.

• Like 1

Yes, I guessed you had the smaller wheels. Excel that I'm getting will be worse but what else can you do if you want other features and manufacturers don't do options anymore. It's a take it or leave it attitude really.

• Like 2

Ordered my car on 4th July 2023. Checked with my dealer on 4th October who said it was at 'Build Stage'. However, the my Toyota app still states that the order is being 'processed'. This is despite the dealer saying that the app is more up to date than the info they get as a dealer???

21 hours ago, dcweather said:

Yes, I guessed you had the smaller wheels. Excel that I'm getting will be worse but what else can you do if you want other features and manufacturers don't do options anymore. It's a take it or leave it attitude really.

I went to dealers with my excel yesterday technician had ride in car with me to check suspension as it feels hard, when we came back he found another excel of same age and I drove that on same route and there’s no difference in the ride. He said it’s mainly down to larger wheels and low profile tyres have to get used to it I suppose.

Yep. Toyota development don't realise that UK roads are worse than many third world Countries having been neglected for the past 10 years and they don't do their test drives here. And, as I said before, their and other manufacturers attitude to options and their customers are take it or leave it.

Out of interest - what is the actual point of big wheels?? Harsher ride, more road noise and worse fuel economy.

It's design stupidity. Who is in the market for a hybrid SUV with those as their main criteria??

the Dealer cancelled the order after 8 months because I has ordered a Premiere Edition so they offered me a GR, no Hud which was essential to me.

• Sad 1

14 hours ago, billshoreham said:

the Dealer cancelled the order after 8 months because I has ordered a Premiere Edition so they offered me a GR, no Hud which was essential to me.

Nice Echinopsis sp. cactus though Bill 😃

I got my new Yaris Cross AWD-i Style version today. JBL, glass roof, head up display etc. Ordered 13.6.2023. There is 17" winter wheels with Nokian R5 studless 215/55/17 in picture above.

IMG_2801.jpeg

• Like 5

Head-up display?  I really wish mine had it. 

On 10/18/2023 at 3:09 PM, dcweather said:

Out of interest - what is the actual point of big wheels?? Harsher ride, more road noise and worse fuel economy.

It's design stupidity. Who is in the market for a hybrid SUV with those as their main criteria??

It seems stupid to us, but you have to remember the majority of people buy cars, not based on their performance, technology, or safety, but the colour.

Basically, people are idiots, so the manufacturers have to cater to their desires if they want to sell cars.

</cynical>

That said, you can do what I did and buy smaller rims. I just wish Toyota would do what Mazda did with the Mazda 2 Yaris and offer them as an option from the off. I would literally pay money for a smaller rim option! But such things fall on deaf ears with Toyota UK...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Cyker said:

It seems stupid to us, but you have to remember the majority of people buy cars, not based on their performance, technology, or safety, but the colour.

Basically, people are idiots, so the manufacturers have to cater to their desires if they want to sell cars.

</cynical>

That said, you can do what I did and buy smaller rims. I just wish Toyota would do what Mazda did with the Mazda 2 Yaris and offer them as an option from the off. I would literally pay money for a smaller rim option! But such things fall on deaf ears with Toyota UK...

Unfortunately I can't because it will be on a PCP plan and you can't do that because it is owned by the finance company.

Mate that look ace! I didn't get a glass roof option when i placed my order this August! Awesome color too hope you're enjoying it!

On 10/20/2023 at 5:58 PM, Uti said:

I got my new Yaris Cross AWD-i Style version today. JBL, glass roof, head up display etc. Ordered 13.6.2023. There is 17" winter wheels with Nokian R5 studless 215/55/17 in picture above.

IMG_2801.jpeg

Meant to reply to this sorry!

• Like 1

Looks like my Renault Captur Etech hybrid in silver with diamond black roof. Very luxurious interior and similar spec to my Excel on order but I'm hoping to beat the average ride and handling, fairly harsh engine at times and the average of 58 mpg.

We'll see.

Did anybody (UK) order an Excel this summer? If so when are you expecting to get it?

I ordered a X GR Sport on 24Aug and was given an EDD of 31Dec. Would have thought an Excel might be similar wait times.

17 hours ago, dcweather said:

Did anybody (UK) order an Excel this summer? If so when are you expecting to get it?

I ordered a design trim 25th of August and got an EDD for feb - March next year. I really hope it's not that late...

Hmm, I ordered mine on August 11th and said probably be after Christmas, January, February ish. All very vague though. Got the CIty Pack with mine a well which might hold things up a bit.

On 10/25/2023 at 12:11 AM, dcweather said:

I ordered Excel with City Pack 4th June and picked it up 24th October

14 hours ago, Stobie said:

I ordered Excel with City Pack 4th June and picked it up 24th October

Thanks for that useful info. If it was exactly the same for me I would get it Christmas Day! 🎅 How are you finding it so far?

9 hours ago, dcweather said:

Thanks for that useful info. If it was exactly the same for me I would get it Christmas Day! 🎅 How are you finding it so far?

Brilliant, Coming from a Tucson Hybrid its a hell of a difference size wise but that was the whole idea as age and disability is stopping us from travelling in Europe. I was getting 55mpg / 44mpg summer / winter on the Tucson and it had already started dropping when I sold it. The Cross is at 58mpg already (99 miles on the clock) and seems to be getting better the more I drive it. The first 10 miles were pre delivery and were something like 10mpg and it was probably standing quite a while with the motor on and going nowhere so I'm still making up the deficit. I'm having to adapt my driving style as it's different from the Tucson but I'm getting there.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Stobie said:

Brilliant, Coming from a Tucson Hybrid its a hell of a difference size wise but that was the whole idea as age and disability is stopping us from travelling in Europe. I was getting 55mpg / 44mpg summer / winter on the Tucson and it had already started dropping when I sold it. The Cross is at 58mpg already (99 miles on the clock) and seems to be getting better the more I drive it. The first 10 miles were pre delivery and were something like 10mpg and it was probably standing quite a while with the motor on and going nowhere so I'm still making up the deficit. I'm having to adapt my driving style as it's different from the Tucson but I'm getting there.

Yes, I imagine that will go up a fair bit. I get more than that from my Renault Captur hybrid and from my wife's 2014 Yaris hybrid as averages.

On 10/27/2023 at 6:17 PM, dcweather said:

Yes, I imagine that will go up a fair bit. I get more than that from my Renault Captur hybrid and from my wife's 2014 Yaris hybrid as averages.

It's got to go up - discovered this morning it was in Power mode. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links