Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Cross - delivery, etc .......

Toyota_FanBoy

will only have it a few hours as it will cermaic coated 😄

1 hour ago, Auris TSpirit said:

had confirmation 100% I wil have the car sometime on the 17th November so a week to go 🙂

See, I told you we need to remain positive.

I am now really positive about mine....positive I won't get it this year😂🤣

1 minute ago, Thegeeza said:

See, I told you we need to remain positive.

I am now really positive about mine....positive I won't get it this year😂🤣

I bow down to your excelence as you were 100% just hope yours comes through right before Christmas 🙂

6 minutes ago, Auris TSpirit said:

I bow down to your excelence as you were 100% just hope yours comes through right before Christmas 🙂

My estimated date hasn't changed, which is good news, however as I'm using the tracking app, I can see it hasn't even been allocated a build slot yet.😢

had to get the CEO customer relations at Toyota head person to look into why I will be the 2nd owner of my car she doesn't think it's right and will get clarification tomorrow hopefully 🙂

22 hours ago, Cyker said:

Wait what? :eek: 

Yep, well had the head of customer relations on the phone they think they have tracked down where my car is, just puzzled by the statement about me as second owner as they have never stated so, also the company I ordered from does not have an account with the Toyota Order System and puzzled how the order was placed, will get an update tomorrow from the head of customer relations  and they will tell me which dealer it's at and hopefully get to the bottom of what in the heck is going on.

Please keep us informed! That's super bizarre! :laugh: 

On 9/16/2021 at 7:09 PM, Thegeeza said:

Wow starting a car by pulling out the choke first......nah, lots of chips is definitely the way forward. High spec and long wait🤷‍♂️ But worth it.😁

And with a choke the wife had somewhere to hang her handbag 😬

• Like 1

Checked out the Cross at my dealers today, some nice and some horrible points. The leather seats look like the old pvc settees, can’t do with those, black roof lining, cut your throat job. iPad on the dash looks ok, never liked the CHR version, and the ground clearance is great. Had loads of trouble with the Prius grounding out on the front corners. Brass Gold is growing on me, getting into the back seats is a pain, though there is a fair bit of room once inside, not that I’ll ever ride in the back, boots usable though the false floor looks  pretty useless, I think that would be permanently removed. And what is that flimsy piece of plastic between the seat base and floor? Also the JBL system is very much over rated hifi it is not! 
But if it drives as well as my old Duke I’ll be very tempted, booked for a drive next week 😗

3 hours ago, Auris TSpirit said:

also the company I ordered from does not have an account with the Toyota Order System and puzzled how the order was placed

So was it a Toyota dealer you ordered from, a lease company, or ....?

6 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

So was it a Toyota dealer you ordered from, a lease company, or ....?

Hi Mike,

no it wasn't a lease company they have been operarting since 2003 and have had amazing reviews of the service they offer and you can always email or talk to them on the phone, hopefully Head Customer Relations person will get to the bottom of this.

8 hours ago, Phil T said:

Also the JBL system is very much over rated hifi it is not! 
But if it drives as well as my old Duke I’ll be very tempted, booked for a drive next week 😗

I wouldn't want to buy into the JBL system, either.

I think there's a specification with a light grey roof lining.

JBL sound system was on my list of Wants when I was looking for a Prius Gen4. Glad I got one. The sound it produces is way better then the Speakers in my Prius Gen3, which I suppose were the standard run of the mill.  For sure JBL is not the same sound if you pay 1,000’s pounds for system in you home, but I never expected that. Also my ears are not perfect. The sound I get is better then “standard”, you can hear the difference. Whether an individual wants to pay the extra £’s is a personal choice, that’s fine, but I am happy.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stopeter44 said:

I wouldn't want to buy into the JBL system, either.

I think there's a specification with a light grey roof lining.

Excel has grey roof lining, I couldn't do black interior either. 

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Catlover said:

For sure JBL is not the same sound if you pay 1,000’s pounds for system in you home, but I never expected that. Also my ears are not perfect. The sound I get is better then “standard”, you can hear the difference. Whether an individual wants to pay the extra £’s is a personal choice, that’s fine, but I am happy.

Sure, it sounds different or better, or whatever, and nobody as far as I can tell has the same sensibility to audio as another person. I remember spending significant $$$ on junking the installed "deluxe" sound system in my 86 Supra, it sounded dreadful, for an aftermarket system. I have been guilty of paying new car prices on home stereo equipment but I won't "name" "names".

Since then I have been much more restrained, the Clio I just switched out the standards for some Focals, and a new head unit. With the Yaris, it's going to be trickier given that the head unit "does it all", but I am going to wait and see, before making a decision on Speakers.

I just object to having to buy an upgraded audio system just to get blind spot monitors and parking aids (or whatever the bundle is on the UK spec models).

Seems by getting information from about my sale from outside a Dealer Network Toyota may have opened up a hole new can of worms my Yaris Cross at the moment is un certain and did state to them that my car is around somewhere and built to my specification reply I got is they will do there best.

Makes me wonder whether they ordered the car under their name, rather than yours, and that is why you becoming the second owner has cropped up.

Hi Mike,

don't really want place the reason on a public forum privately am happy to just not for everyone to read on the forum

JBL owned by Harman owned by SamsungHarman markets its products under various brands, including AKG, AMX, Arcam,[6]Bang & Olufsen Automotive, Becker, BSS Audio, Crown, dbx, DigiTech, Harman Kardon, Infinity, JBL, Lexicon, Mark Levinson, Martin, Revel, Soundcraft and Studer.
There lies the answer, some good some run of the mill, but comparing my JBL to a standard Honda CR-V system the CR-V was much much better. As for parking aids (never used) and blind spot, I’ve found turning your head works just as well, being a motorcyclist it comes as second nature, it’s better known as a life saver. Now the cross traffic alert has come in useful backing out of blind situations.
Wouldn’t it be nice if you could just pay for what you want, not what they think you want 🤮

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Phil T said:

JBL owned by Harman owned by Samsung. Harman markets its products under various brands, including AKG, AMX, Arcam,[6]Bang & Olufsen Automotive, Becker, BSS Audio, Crown, dbx, DigiTech, Harman Kardon, Infinity, JBL, Lexicon, Mark Levinson, Martin, Revel, Soundcraft and Studer.
There lies the answer, some good some run of the mill, but comparing my JBL to a standard Honda CR-V system the CR-V was much much better. As for parking aids (never used) and blind spot, I’ve found turning your head works just as well, being a motorcyclist it comes as second nature, it’s better known as a life saver. Now the cross traffic alert has come in useful backing out of blind situations.
Wouldn’t it be nice if you could just pay for what you want, not what they think you want 🤮

This is so subject to an individuals opinion.

If you've decided to buy a car would you compare the top available sound system to another car manufacturers. It would make more sense to compare it to the standard available system and then decide.

Blind spot monitoring in my opinion is great. The guidance is you should not look over your shoulder on a motorway. If the car in front brakes whilst your doing hit there is a very good chance that you will not have time to brake yourself.

In the case of the Yaris Cross extras the upgrade to JBL is stand alone and not included in any of the other packs anyway.

As for parking aids, the self park I would not use however, all round parking sensors and rear camera are brilliant. I don't believe anyone with a rear camera never looks at it when reverse parking🤷‍♂️

6 minutes ago, Thegeeza said:

In the case of the Yaris Cross extras the upgrade to JBL is stand alone and not included in any of the other packs anyway.

As for parking aids, the self park I would not use however, all round parking sensors and rear camera are brilliant. I don't believe anyone with a rear camera never looks at it when reverse parking🤷‍♂️

The upgrade to the JBL system depends on the market. It is not standalone in France, and is not available on all levels of trim. It is included on the "Premiere" edition, but is not included on the trim level just below, and if you want it, it's bundled with the electric hatch opening and the smartphone charger.

I use the rear camera when reversing into spaces, and it's very handy.

51 minutes ago, Stopeter44 said:

The upgrade to the JBL system depends on the market. It is not standalone in France, and is not available on all levels of trim. It is included on the "Premiere" edition, but is not included on the trim level just below, and if you want it, it's bundled with the electric hatch opening and the smartphone charger.

I use the rear camera when reversing into spaces, and it's very handy.

Fair point. Different countries, different packs.

The strange thing is wireless charger for the Yaris Cross doesn't appear at all in the UK....Unless I've missed it🤔

I think wireless charging and Apple CarPlay/Android is available with the tech pack on the Yaris Cross. 

It’s also standard on models with the 9” Smart connect multimedia system.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links