Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Cross - delivery, etc .......

Toyota_FanBoy

Mines currently been sat 15 days and counting in Derby. So either the weather had a knock on impact or there’s just a huge volume for them to get through. I might call my dealer but I doubt they’ll have any clue.

I ordered my YC excel on the 23/10/2022 , and I'm picking it up on 21/03 2023 .Yipeeeeeeeee

It seems a few have ordered their crosses after me ( order placed by dealer 9 jan) and have progressed further, I’ve ordered mine with city pack, does that make any difference?

Cancelled Orders are a Factor too.

Tel

I ordered mine at a dealers with the city pack and the adventure pack

On 3/17/2023 at 6:42 AM, DingTing said:

Mines currently been sat 15 days and counting in Derby. So either the weather had a knock on impact or there’s just a huge volume for them to get through. I might call my dealer but I doubt they’ll have any clue.

Have you ordered any extras?

I got my toyota yaris cross excel yesterday it was 29 days in Derby before it arrived at the dealers, then another 7 days before i collect it. 

• Like 3

On 12/12/2022 at 9:19 AM, Nakamotoyo said:

Can anyone shed light on timeframes from order to delivery and what trim was ordered? Placed my order for design + tech pack last month, expected delivery is in March/April and hoping it wont be any later than that.

Update on my order placed end of November 2022. Car is in Grimsby for the past 7 days. Dealer told me in January that I should expect the car in the first week of April.

• Like 1

On 3/18/2023 at 10:27 AM, anchorman said:

Have you ordered any extras?

No extras at all. Standard Yaris icon in decuma gray

19 minutes ago, DingTing said:

No extras at all. Standard Yaris icon in decuma gray

Then it depends what’s coming your way.   If they can fill a transporter they’d send it the first opportunity but if any of the cars needed to do so are not available or they are waiting for accessories, you’ll have to wait.  Ironically you could be waiting for mudflaps to be fitted to somebody else’s vehicle.  The dealer should know.  

Just had an update for my order placed in November for Yaris Cross Design with Tech pack, My car is now in the build stage so I should get it earlier than the dealers stated delivery date of July! Fingers crossed.

• Like 1

Well I popped into the dealers today just to have another sit in and poke around the cross, they had a dacuma grey with city pack, ( exactly my spec) in the showroom,and another sat outside awaiting collection, even though I threw myself on the floor and screamed and cried , they still wouldn’t let me have one😆, anyhoo, they had a look and they’re expecting mine end of April/ early May , she did say that it affects times due to what the spec is, but mines only grey and city pack that I ordered extra, so hopefully not too far away…

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Hi all

Can someone please tell me why me car has been in Derby for 5 weeks.?

Topics merged.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skygard said:

Hi all

Can someone please tell me why me car has been in Derby for 5 weeks.?

If it’s having any accessories or extras  fitted it’ll be waiting for the workshop.   If not it’ll be waiting for the next suitable delivery.  All models go to Derby now so they can fill a transporter with the mix for the dealer.  If they can’t fill it they could be waiting for something else if it’s due.  They won’t put an odd car on a truck if there’s a truck full by waiting a bit longer.  Might be frustrating but that’s the way it is.  

• Like 2

Richard, considering Don's post I thought you might be living in the back of beyond, but Cheshire is not that depopulated. 

Ask your dealer. If it is a Don says, and you are a valued customer, put a little bit of pressure on them. 

I once wanted  Modeo with a rear spoiler. My independent dealer found one in the West Country.  He took one of his Mondeo on a trailer and did a swap. 

• Like 1

On 3/16/2023 at 11:56 AM, ToyotaFan56 said:

On thing I'm struggling with is how the Lane departure Assist works? I just need it to alert me and turn the steering, does the radar cruise control needs to be activated for this to work or can it operate independently?

The button on the steering wheel will give you three settings: 

1. lane trace (looks for white lines and tells you off for crossing them and pulls you a little back on track),

2. lane departure/centering (it tries to keep you in the centre of the lane and is in conjunction with the cruise control)

3. off. 

I have to be honest and say I'm no fan of the LTA.  For normal town driving I turn it off (hold the button for 4 seconds 'til the symbol goes out).  I feel it's just not workable on town/city roads.  It does alert you and pulls you straight a little but the constant alerts are too annoying for me.  On motorways, the lane centering function may be useful driving at night on wet or unlit portions of M'ways, but in my experience its disconcerting when driving amid busy m'way traffic.   Coupled with the cruise control It has the ability to follow the car in front even if that car changes lanes, so rather than making the drive more relaxing, makes me feel less in control.... but that's just me.

Worth noting too that if the white lines are covered e.g. with snow, the LTA in either setting doesn't work.

Just my thoughts and really its just a case of seeing what suits.  Hope my experience helps.  

• Like 3

Sue, I disagree about LTA at night or in the wet. It seems to favour one side over the other if it sees anything at all. 

On quieter stretches of the A1 (sometimes) I let the car do its own thing.  It will manage about 15 seconds before reminding you to hold the wheel and another 5 before it switches off. 

Only the lightest touch is needed. 

• Like 2

It's definitely an acquired taste - It works best on long boring motorway runs where there are no sharp turns or faded markings to contend with. The thing that made me fall in love with it is all the Smart Motorway construction 50mph zones (Which seem to be more numerous than ever; Weren't they supposed to have halted construction while they investigate the huge increase in fatal collisions??) - I used to find them extremely fatiguing being in lock-step with everyone at 50mph(ish) for miles and miles and miles; It's like being hypnotised! With the auto-steer and cruise it makes it far less obnoxious.

It won't work at all on most back roads.

I will clarify the button toggles between the Stop-you-drifting-out-of-lane warning/correction and the Same-Plus-Auto-Steer, and a long-press is require to turn both off completely.

The Auto-steer only kicks in when radar cruise control is active and controlling the car; It won't do it if it's just primed and it won't do it with 'dumb' cruise control or with the speed limiter.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Roy124 said:

Sue, I disagree about LTA at night or in the wet. It seems to favour one side over the other if it sees anything at all. 

On quieter stretches of the A1 (sometimes) I let the car do its own thing.  It will manage about 15 seconds before reminding you to hold the wheel and another 5 before it switches off. 

Only the lightest touch is needed. 

To be fair I haven't tried it on the m'way in those conditions, that was just my thoughts on possible use benefit.  I've only used it on the ever clogged M60, and I found it just too 'wobbly' for my taste.....I just couldn't relax feeling the steering doing it's own thing and it seemed to veer right too often to be confident using it.  Maybe I'm just old school? 😂

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Cyker said:

It's definitely an acquired taste - It works best on long boring motorway runs where there are no sharp turns or faded markings to contend with. The thing that made me fall in love with it is all the Smart Motorway construction 50mph zones (Which seem to be more numerous than ever; Weren't they supposed to have halted construction while they investigate the huge increase in fatal collisions??) - I used to find them extremely fatiguing being in lock-step with everyone at 50mph(ish) for miles and miles and miles; It's like being hypnotised! With the auto-steer and cruise it makes it far less obnoxious.

It won't work at all on most back roads.

I will clarify the button toggles between the Stop-you-drifting-out-of-lane warning/correction and the Same-Plus-Auto-Steer, and a long-press is require to turn both off completely.

The Auto-steer only kicks in when radar cruise control is active and controlling the car; It won't do it if it's just primed and it won't do it with 'dumb' cruise control or with the speed limiter.

I'm with you regarding cruise control on longer journeys, though I don't do that many.  My YC is my first car with an auto box and CC, and as far as I'm concerned it's 'the future'- I doubt I'll go back to anything without either (not with my old knees!).  Perhaps the part of the M60 I use isn't ideal (too bendy) to have a positive experience of the auto steer?  

It is a bit unsettling at first - As you say it's a bit 'wobbly' until it settles in!

I liken it to a slightly nervous learner driver :laugh: 

You kinda have to manually centre the car in the lane before you turn it on otherwise it'll try to centre itself, overshoot, then overcorrects, etc. which means it wobbles inside the lane for a bit before settling down.

I tend to hold the wheel a bit firmly so I can slow its steering input when it tries to centre, to stop it overshooting. Once it's found its centre it'll follow the lines more predictably.

It definitely doesn't work in all situations - I find I'm constantly toggling it on when I get to suitable stretches of road (long boring bits, gentle curves, mostly clear) and then off again when I move to less suitable (hitting traffic, complex lanes, tighter curves, sketchy/dangerous areas e.g. spilled paint, potholes, debris)

I like playing with stuff like this as it stops me getting bored, but I couldn't endorse it as being for everyone yet!!

• Like 1

I don't speak a word of Polish but not sure you need commentary when video reviews are this good. This guy might be quite funny if I were able to understand him - the points he makes are pretty obvious tho.

So if anyone wants to see a burnt orange GR in full hi-def glory ( defo a love it or hate it colour IMO ) then...

Polish GR review - orange.

Would have been good if the UK had the options that are available to some other markets on the GR.

• Like 1

Well I think I must be one of the most unlucky ones.I ordered an excel with sunroof  last august, and still only showing as processing order on the app. Dealer now saying April/May for delivery but that seems unlikely.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links