Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Cross - delivery, etc .......

Toyota_FanBoy

3 hours ago, DingTing said:

This might be a shock to many of you, but I ordered a Yaris Cross Icon in decuma grey with no accessories on the 21/01. It went into build 11/02 and as of today (13/02) the build is complete.

With any luck I’ll be getting it on schedule (end of March)

I was fully prepared for a long lead time but alas all going swimmingly. 

If only it could swim....mine spent 5 weeks sitting at Zeebrugge awaiting a boat...then it got sent to Bristol.  🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Bob66 said:

If only it could swim...

.... but think of the rust problems afterwards ....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Hmm, maybe if Toyota diversify into amphibious cars, combined with full self-driving, they could throw them into the sea right out the factory, programmed to go to their new owner's house! :laugh: 

Now that would be taking direct-to-customer to a whole new level! :laugh: 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/12/2023 at 12:27 AM, FilipJ said:

Mine still is not in production yet 😞  The dealer said it will take 3-4 months from now. At the end it will be 16 months waiting....

Sorry to hear that 😞 

Wish you best of luck and i hope your car get in production dance asap. 

p.s

I understand that i live in a small country and Toyota priorities bigger markets,but is still unbelievable that i need to wait 1 year(in your case even more) for 1 car 😕

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Primus1 said:

Have they dropped the jbl sound system.?

They have in the UK but it's available in some other markets.

• Like 1

Hi Guys , my car is delivered , I ordered on the 4th Nov 2022. The wait time is not bad considering how long other people waited. 

Could someone advise me if this Vin No. JTDKBABB50..... indicates built in Japan ? even though it was assembled in France.  I'm trying to search the Vin guide in this thread, the search function doesn't work and this thread is very long.

Thanks in Advance.

2 minutes ago, ToyotaFan56 said:

Hi Guys , my car is delivered , I ordered on the 4th Nov 2022. The wait time is not bad considering how long other people waited. 

Could someone advise me if this Vin No. JTDKBABB50..... indicates built in Japan ? even though it was assembled in France.  I'm trying to search the Vin guide in this thread, the search function doesn't work and this thread is very long.

Thanks in Advance.

We’ve covered it before Tim.  You have to go on the 11th digit of your VIN.  It’s the letter just before the actual chassis number which is the last 6 numbers.  

A is for Onnaing, France 

N is for Kolin, Czech Republic 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My Cross has just arrived @ my Dealer.

To say I am chuffed is an understatement.

Will see it tomorrow,

Tel

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 2/13/2023 at 8:15 PM, Bob66 said:

If only it could swim....mine spent 5 weeks sitting at Zeebrugge awaiting a boat...then it got sent to Bristol.  🙂

It’s at Zeebrugge now so hopefully it’ll find its sea legs soon. Although definitely want it to not be registered before March 1st.

• Like 1

My Yaris Cross is at Grimsby. Anyone know how long it takes to get to the dealership from this point?

Hi, Cross Dynamic ordered May22.... cancelled October22 swapped for GR Sport. MyT App shows left factory on 4th February and hasn't moved since. Is this unusual or normal for App?

14 hours ago, ZARy said:

My Yaris Cross is at Grimsby. Anyone know how long it takes to get to the dealership from this point?

It depends on the timings of the transporters and how fast they’re moving at Derby.   Your car will go to Derby next.  If you ordered the car online and you’ve got any accessories ordered, even mudflaps, they’ll be fitted there and that will slow it down.  After that, there’s another wait for transport and then pre delivery inspection at the dealer.  Not wishing to contradict Tel, I think more like a month or more with accessories.   They’ll be as quick as they can because they want their money!

6 hours ago, anchorman said:

It depends on the timings of the transporters and how fast they’re moving at Derby.   Your car will go to Derby next.  If you ordered the car online and you’ve got any accessories ordered, even mudflaps, they’ll be fitted there and that will slow it down.  After that, there’s another wait for transport and then pre delivery inspection at the dealer.  Not wishing to contradict Tel, I think more like a month or more with accessories.   They’ll be as quick as they can because they want their money!

Thank you for this. No added extras, just the Excel as standard. 

• Like 1

Just noticed that here in the UK, the 10 spoke black machined alloy wheels are available to add as an optional extra on the GR. Can't remember that being an option when I ordered. Is that a new addition or have I just missed it?

Getting there.

ordered 30 Jan

build started this morning 27 Feb.

So, April 17 looking promising.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mojo1010 said:

Don't know; would you want to spend £845 on that? 

You're right I wouldn't want to. But that said I wouldn't want to spend £30k on a Yaris Cross which so obviously looks like it's built down to a price, but I did.

It's not the price that puts me off rather the fact that they may be forgetting the car already comes with four 18" alloys. Are they saying the optional alloys are £211 more expensive? ( per alloy ) than the std wheels?  I find that hard to believe. What's more likely is that you're already paying for the std 18" alloys, it's just Toyota aren't giving them to you. 😄

• Like 1

I definitely wouldn't spend £30k on the cross, I have supernatural strength to say no. You wilted. 

I can agree on they are keeping original wheels if one pays for the so called upgrade to different wheels. The standard wheels are decent looking anyway. 

Is that the forged alloy wheels or are they just normal cast alloy wheels?

One of my biggest annoyances with the GR Yaris was people buying the Performance pack one then changing the wheels!! The biggest advantage of the Performance Pack isn't the torsen diffs, but the rims - Forged alloy wheels are incredibly light, much lighter than normal alloys! I can understand swapping them out for road use as they're also extremely expensive, but you can't beat them for track use.

A long long time ago I bought some Aygo alloys off a forum member here (PaulT!) for my old Mk1 Yaris, and he showed me the Rays Engineering alloys he was replacing them with - You could pick them up with a single finger! :eek: It's mad how much lighter they felt compared to the normal Aygo alloys.

Alas I don't think even those were enough to get his Toyota Sprint Series times down enough as I believe he changed to a Yaris then a GT86 in pursuit of better sprint times :laugh: 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Mojo1010 said:

I definitely wouldn't spend £30k on the cross, I have supernatural strength to say no. You wilted.

No, what I did was looked at the alternatives and saw how much they would have cost 😄

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, Cyker said:

Is that the forged alloy wheels or are they just normal cast alloy wheels?

Forged alloy wheels are incredibly light, much lighter than normal alloys! I can understand swapping them out for road use as they're also extremely expensive, but you can't beat them for track use.

Dunno. Can't see many changing alloys on the YarisX to enhance performance. A drag race down to the post office to pick up our pensions perhaps?  😄

If the std wheels on YarisX are unique to GR then I can't get my head around paying extra for same size of wheel that can be optioned on any other trim level. Doesn't make any sense from an aesthetic or financial point of view, unless of course you really hate the std alloys or want your GR to look like another trim.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Wasn't aware forged alloys are much lighter, either way £845 is a lot that can be spent on fuel that can get maybe 8-10k miles, a years worth for the average driver. Most of us mortal are not using the Yaris for track days. 

The cross ETA of circa 3.5 months are almost like pre COVID level. Normal Yaris is around 9-10 months now, though the quantity would be vast compare to the cross. 

6 hours ago, RonYarisX said:

Dunno. Can't see many changing alloys on the YarisX to enhance performance. A drag race down to the post office to pick up our pensions perhaps?  😄

If the std wheels on YarisX are unique to GR then I can't get my head around paying extra for same size of wheel that can be optioned on any other trim level. Doesn't make any sense from an aesthetic or financial point of view, unless of course you really hate the std alloys or want your GR to look like another trim.

I don't get it either, yet there are people buying the Yaris GR Sport which is *objectively worse* than the Yaris Excel for the same price, except it has 18" rims instead of 17" rims!

And this is very very normal - If more people had practical sense, the Yaris hybrid would only have 15" and 16" rims, but most people are bling magpies and think Bigger Rims = Better Car and actually go for the 17" and 18" rims in droves despite them having worse acceleration and mpg because they are so much heavier and wider! Not to mention the eye-wateringly high tyre costs!

But this is consistently what the market seems to go for - People even option 17" rims on the lower specs, which is just insane to me; Surely you picked the lower spec to save money, but then you make the car more expensive to buy and run by getting bigger rims?? It makes no sense!!

2 hours ago, Mojo1010 said:

Wasn't aware forged alloys are much lighter, either way £845 is a lot that can be spent on fuel that can get maybe 8-10k miles, a years worth for the average driver. Most of us mortal are not using the Yaris for track days. 

Yeah, it makes very little sense on the Yaris/X hybrids. I had a look and they aren't forged alloys, just normal 18" cast alloys so just a more-money-than-sense bling upgrade.

(If they were forged it would be a bargain - A *single* forged alloy is usually around £2000! :eek: )

It's not even an upgrade, it's just going from one style of 18" alloy to a different style of 18" alloy!

I never understood why changing the alloys is so expensive - You don't get to keep the original alloys so they should off-set the cost??

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

The GR looks a bit fancy and it has comfier seats than the Excel.  It also has stiffer springs and shock absorbers.   Some people like the image so why shouldn’t they choose one if they fancy it.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links