Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rav4 Estimated Delivery, etc

PAISLEY1903

I found these forums

https://www.gr-yaris.co.uk/forum/threads/order-numbering-system.1209/ 

https://www.gr-yaris.co.uk/forum/threads/order-numbers.1250/

and people think that order numbers indicate build date of Toyota Yaris.. I guess it is same for all Toyota cars..    I assume the first letter is the year( J for 2021  and K for 2022 ) The second letter in the order number indicates the build month.

My order number is KLxxxx. According to that forum ..  mine should be delivered in February and my dealer already confirmed that delivery date of the car is 15th February.

If you could kindly share the first 2 letters of their order number here and estimated delivery dates..   we might be able to confirm their theory.

Interesting mine is KJ xxxx been told its now due 4th August 

Having had an ideal delivery target of October/November We had an absolute limit of March on getting a new car delivered. had we been given an 8 month delivery (which for us would have meant May) would have simply gone elsewhere, probably Hyundai or Kia who at the time could get one for December/January latest. I get all the reasons but I am not so Toyota obsessed I would wait that long. 

I’m KL was quoted Feb/March. Not had my monthly update yet from the dealer. 

HEV Dynamic ordered late September KJ initials, mid March delivery. Doesn't appear as there is too much logic

1 hour ago, NoRaVYet said:

I’m KL was quoted Feb/March. Not had my monthly update yet from the dealer. 

You get monthly updates from your dealer, I doubt mine will bother, maybe I will be pleasantly surprised ! 

4 minutes ago, George baker said:

You get monthly updates from your dealer, I doubt mine will bother, maybe I will be pleasantly surprised ! 

30 second call to tell me no updates. Only ordered in October so I expect many more calls and one of them being it’s been delayed till X month. The service form them has been good to be fair better then the original dealer that I was going to go with who tried to overcharge me on a base model quite heavily. 

26 minutes ago, NoRaVYet said:

30 second call to tell me no updates. Only ordered in October so I expect many more calls and one of them being it’s been delayed till X month. The service form them has been good to be fair better then the original dealer that I was going to go with who tried to overcharge me on a base model quite heavily. 

ordered a HEV Dynamic with Pan Roof and JBL 1st week in June myT shows in Derby now. changed in October and ordered a PHEV Dynamic Premium on the 1st October shows left the factory on 19th November (email to say status change )but not in Portbury so on a boat somewhere. Dealer is still aiming 2nd week Jan for PHEV i assume they will sell the HEV when it gets to them or put on demo for a couple of months and sell for more than we would have paid for it.

2 minutes ago, Andy427 said:

ordered a HEV Dynamic with Pan Roof and JBL 1st week in June myT shows in Derby now. changed in October and ordered a PHEV Dynamic Premium on the 1st October shows left the factory on 19th November (email to say status change )but not in Portbury so on a boat somewhere. Dealer is still aiming 2nd week Jan for PHEV i assume they will sell the HEV when it gets to them or put on demo for a couple of months and sell for more than we would have paid for it.

Hi, do you know how long it took to go from Processing Order to Build in progress. (My Dynamic Premium PHEV was ordered last week).  I'm just hoping it moves to Build in progress then I can have some belief that it's been ordered properly by my dealer, who I don't really have any confidence in. 

4 minutes ago, George Dodds said:

Hi, do you know how long it took to go from Processing Order to Build in progress. (My Dynamic Premium PHEV was ordered last week).  I'm just hoping it moves to Build in progress then I can have some belief that it's been ordered properly by my dealer, who I don't really have any confidence in. 

it took about a month to move from processing order to in build.

1 minute ago, Andy427 said:

it took about a month to move from processing order to in build.

Thanks, I will keep checking in a few weeks time, I know it may be longer but here's hoping, thanks again. 

On 12/2/2021 at 10:13 AM, JanneG said:

I ordered an Excel HEV on 17 August via Drivethedeal. Appointed dealer had MyT app up and running on 20 August and indicated a mid-January delivery date. Status changed to 'Build in progress' on 9 November. Then changed to 'Left the factory' on 19 November which coincided with a car transporter leaving Nagoya for Portbury. (See this thread for very useful tracking information https://gr-yaris.co.uk/forum/threads/list-of-vehicle-carriers-in-transit-to-europe.995/page-102).  The ship has aPortbury ETA of 20 December. Assuming next steps are Burnaston PDI, fit of extras inc. towbar etc, transport to dealer I am hopeful my Excel is on track and maybe slightly early (depending on Christmas hols etc).  

Quick update- Just got an email from the dealer with an ETA of 18 January so still maintaining the ‘mid Jan’ delivery schedule -  Not sure how this relates to when I get the keys and drive away… 

20 minutes ago, JanneG said:

Quick update- Just got an email from the dealer with an ETA of 18 January so still maintaining the ‘mid Jan’ delivery schedule -  Not sure how this relates to when I get the keys and drive away… 

Do you know the first 2 letters of your order number? Can you share?

To be honest I'm just fed up with the whole debacle, dealer says it's delayed time and again and I'm looking at a 10 month delivery from time of order, I keep seeing people saying they are expecting theirs in less time than me with a similar spec. All I want are some answers which is reasonable since I am spending best part of £40k of my own money without finance. Toyota UK say I need should speak to my dealer and they in turn give me the same old line. Toyota UK  cannot tell me or give me a more accurate line of information, so to me I wonder why they exist, after all they are Toyota not a franchised dealer, so surely they are in the loop? Its my first Toyota and to be honest their commitment and communication to their customers  is questionable, I was hoping for better service than this after coming from 20 plus years of Honda ownership! As a new customer I am less than impressed and its upto them to prove to me I am a valued new customer.

1 hour ago, atartan said:

Do you know the first 2 letters of your order number? Can you share?

Replying to Atartan. Mine is KF.  Hope this helps. 

3 hours ago, Firecycle said:

To be honest I'm just fed up with the whole debacle, dealer says it's delayed time and again and I'm looking at a 10 month delivery from time of order, I keep seeing people saying they are expecting theirs in less time than me with a similar spec. All I want are some answers which is reasonable since I am spending best part of £40k of my own money without finance. Toyota UK say I need should speak to my dealer and they in turn give me the same old line. Toyota UK  cannot tell me or give me a more accurate line of information, so to me I wonder why they exist, after all they are Toyota not a franchised dealer, so surely they are in the loop? Its my first Toyota and to be honest their commitment and communication to their customers  is questionable, I was hoping for better service than this after coming from 20 plus years of Honda ownership! As a new customer I am less than impressed and its upto them to prove to me I am a valued new customer.

Whether cash or not is irrelevant however I would be taking my business elsewhere. I know there is a waiting list for most cars but if you can be flexible there will be something somewhere available much quicker. 

Adrian, I want to see this through and I know payment methods don't have any bearing on order times, l am just frustrated with the situation especially when others are reporting they have ordered after me and are taking delivery well before I will. Having looked at the wider market I settled on the Rav as it suits my needs and above all Toyota Hybrids have a very good reputation.

2 hours ago, Firecycle said:

Adrian, I want to see this through and I know payment methods don't have any bearing on order times, l am just frustrated with the situation especially when others are reporting they have ordered after me and are taking delivery well before I will. Having looked at the wider market I settled on the Rav as it suits my needs and above all Toyota Hybrids have a very good reputation.

It is very poor your situation, some of us have big lease companies pushing the process along which no doubt helps as big customers get more sway but plenty of private buyers here not been treated like you either.

I was drawn towards the RAV by its lower emission and therefore company car tax rates, compared to the Honda CR-V Hybrid but having extended tests of both my slight preference was towards the Honda, there is very little in it on paper to divide them. (to me the Honda drove and rode a bit better)

If your buying with your own money, I presume its not a company car so your not bothered by the emissions/tax advantage of the Toyota. Did you try the CR-V hybrid and were there long waiting times for that? you said you had come from a long history of Honda's. Just curious.

1 hour ago, Rav Rob said:

It is very poor your situation, some of us have big lease companies pushing the process along which no doubt helps as big customers get more sway but plenty of private buyers here not been treated like you either.

I was drawn towards the RAV by its lower emission and therefore company car tax rates, compared to the Honda CR-V Hybrid but having extended tests of both my slight preference was towards the Honda, there is very little in it on paper to divide them. (to me the Honda drove and rode a bit better)

If your buying with your own money, I presume its not a company car so your not bothered by the emissions/tax advantage of the Toyota. Did you try the CR-V hybrid and were there long waiting times for that? you said you had come from a long history of Honda's. Just curious.

Hi Rob, I did try the CRV bur preferred the Rav and it was time to change manufacturers as I have been with Honda for 20 years, not what I expected as new toyota customer to be honest. I have also been in touch with Toyota UK and I do t think they seem to care even though I have explained everything, all they did was get the dealer to call me with no answers just the usual you haven't been allocated a build slot yet, I think they said the code was COLC 2 or something like that. Perhaps I should have stayed with Honda?

• Thanks 1

I ordered a RAV4 Design AWD HEV on Sept.14th.

On ordering I was was advised that the delivery date would be February 18th, just over 23 weeks.

MyToyota reported 'Processing Order' for 12 weeks, and then on 8th December it changed to 'Build in Progress'. On the same day my dealer emailed to say that the delivery date to them was now 22nd March, about 27 weeks from order.

Given the current world-wide situation with car manufacturers this didn't surprise me. In some respects it's to my advantage as it will now be a MY2022 vehicle.

Now just waiting for the report to change to 'Left the Factory'.

I am quite happy with the feedback from both Toyota via MyT and from the dealership, just looking forward to actually driving it one day!

GDB

On 12/11/2021 at 7:47 PM, JanneG said:

Turnaround from arrival at dealer is quite quick. Mine was 3 days but up to a week is reasonable to expect.

The dealer will want the car in your hands ASAP so they have your money in their hands ASAP!! My car is due to arrive at the dealer next Monday (20th) however due to Christmas and we are out of the country (hopefully) from 19th we will be collecting early January. 

My car was at the dealers for a week before I was told that I could pick it up. The MyT app showed it parked there, despite the sales guy swearing blind that it wasn't, but it suited me anyway so I wasn't worried. 

ThE wait is killing me! MyT says my Rav4 PHEV has been in transit from Derby to dealer in Edinburgh for about 10 days now 🙂 Beginning to think the last leg of the journey might exceed the build and shipping time from Japan.  How long did your's sit in Derby before being transported to dealer?

33 minutes ago, bricop said:

ThE wait is killing me! MyT says my Rav4 PHEV has been in transit from Derby to dealer in Edinburgh for about 10 days now 🙂 Beginning to think the last leg of the journey might exceed the build and shipping time from Japan.  How long did your's sit in Derby before being transported to dealer?

I suspect mine is on the same transporter! Due at the dealer next Monday. Collection about 2 weeks later….. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links