Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rav4 Estimated Delivery, etc

PAISLEY1903

1 hour ago, Ce1 said:

I was told by my dealer that I should have the 22MY upgrades… ie the LED internal lights / fog lights.

Hi. Is your order a PHEV or a HEV?

3 minutes ago, George Dodds said:

Hi. Is your order a PHEV or a HEV?

They are talking about the Black Edition ...

4 minutes ago, philip42h said:

They are talking about the Black Edition ...

Oh ok thanks. 

So my PHEV that I picked up today is 100% a 2021 model. Hybrid badges on the side and no spare wheel. Ill take some pictures later for you all to confirm that for me. Eitherway not fussed the car is amazing to drive and just a nice space to be in. Will take me a while to get use to the size of it 😄 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, NoRaVYet said:

So my PHEV that I picked up today is 100% a 2021 model. Hybrid badges on the side and no spare wheel. Ill take some pictures later for you all to confirm that for me. Eitherway not fussed the car is amazing to drive and just a nice space to be in. Will take me a while to get use to the size of it 😄 

Great news, enjoy 👍

14 minutes ago, NoRaVYet said:

The PHEV didn't get any upgrades just the HEV, the PHEV was only launched last May-ish 

It's good to hear that cars are arriving and and being paired up with new owners. Appears that more PHEV models are coming through sooner. My HEV Dynamic ordered at the end of September had a delivery date in mid March. My dealer called me yesterday with the news that mid March is not likely to happen and suggested it will be more like some time in May. I did get an email the other day from Toyota UK, basically apologising for the delay. Very much just a general message. Nothing car specific and not much content to it other than giving me the same info as in MyT,  i. e., still 'Processing order'. I'd be interested to know how many others on the forum are facing similar issues, when did they place order, projected delivery dates and any similar delays. Thanks everyone. 

2 hours ago, Roger_N said:

The PHEV didn't get any upgrades just the HEV, the PHEV was only launched last May-ish 

Hah then no problems here! Guess I need to change my username now 😅. To note some other posts my door switches/window buttons are all illuminated if anyone was wondering.  

37D50965-CE8F-4272-AAF9-CD9B0A309CCF.jpeg

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, NoRaVYet said:

Hah then no problems here! Guess I need to change my username now 😅. To note some other posts my door switches/window buttons are all illuminated if anyone was wondering.  

It looks like you have the new style head lamps though.

1 hour ago, Roger_N said:

It looks like you have the new style head lamps though.

They are the same as the early UK PHEV models, nothings changed.

Reordered a RAV4 on the 6th January (original order placed Sep 22nd 2021) because the original order was cancelled by Toyota due to the My22 build being implemented. Fleet cars (which includes Motability orders) that were not allocated a build slot were cancelled I believe.

The RAV reappeared on the Motability Website on Jan 1 2022 and even better, there was a listing for the AWD Excel which is the one I ordered on the 6th Jan. On about 8th Jan, the RAV 4 AWD was removed from the website, lucky I got my order in at the right time methinks. Anyway, the dealership found that while Motability had approved the order, Toyota wouldn't allow the dealership to order one!

The upshot is that my order was reordered (again) on the 7th January as a 2WD which unfortunately had nearly £1K more on the Advance Payment (AP) I have to make. I contested this and it is now at the original AP from the Jan 6 order weyhey.

I questioned the dealership about allocations of order etc and they were absolutely adamant that they have no control over when the car will be built and definitely not any 'monthly allocations' etc. As far as they are concerned the build date for the car is completely out of their hands and remains with Big Toyota.

The best estimate that I have been given for my car delivery is 'probably October 22' at the moment, and they don't expect me to get a hard build date until maybe May/June. It is all very frustrating but I am fairly sure most of the car manufacturers have similar problems so I am going to sit and wait with fingers crossed that they don't decide on a My23 and cancel my bloody order again!!

1 hour ago, ernieb said:

Different from mine Ernie. My p/ex is on the left and my new one beside it on collection day.

655119D4-9E8F-4EA2-88ED-8AB7CB8B02C1.jpeg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ernieb said:

Ernie the fist is the one Flatcoat posted in December and the second the one posted today.

2138565207_Rav4December.thumb.jpeg.d2e62e6edfbe0b530ce0373369d25a45.jpeg

1170573058_NewRav4Feb.thumb.jpeg.2705411d157835a9782870c092b22316.jpeg

The red one and with silver wheels looks attractive.

15 hours ago, NoRaVYet said:

It looks like the PHEV has got the upgrades, despite Toyota representative saying otherwise.

Snap7.thumb.jpg.8ec26feca98a584708cf7a95b8b80556.jpg

38 minutes ago, Roger_N said:

It looks like the PHEV has got the upgrades, despite Toyota representative saying otherwise.

Are there any other possible changes apart from the lights?

So I had an email from Toyota last night saying my black edition is cancelled - quote:

"Your order for the Toyota RAV4 Black Edition was cancelled as we have been unable to fulfill any orders due to levels of stock. The RAV4 is an extremely popular model and, unfortunately, all available production space for UK orders have already been taken"

Phoned my dealer this morning who assures me my order is still live, no problems and to expect delivery May/June.

Might just flip a coin at this stage .... 😉

Looks like I just missed out by a month….. however mine has the illuminated window switches…. And yes, it looks bl88dy good. I parked next to my boss’s white one (a 2wd mid range HEV) on Monday and he was a bit jealous he hadn’t gone for a more blinged up spec. 

43 minutes ago, Fish N Whips said:

So I had an email from Toyota last night saying my black edition is cancelled - quote:

"Your order for the Toyota RAV4 Black Edition was cancelled as we have been unable to fulfill any orders due to levels of stock. The RAV4 is an extremely popular model and, unfortunately, all available production space for UK orders have already been taken"

Phoned my dealer this morning who assures me my order is still live, no problems and to expect delivery May/June.

Might just flip a coin at this stage .... 😉

Contact Toyota and explain about the dealer saying the order is still live, they will probably then contact them directly. It also may be a good bargaining chip to get some discount if you choose a different model.

Just found a photo I took of the front end of the car when I picked it up, editied the dealer out of the shot. Just to clarify the ‘21 front end.

1F8459BA-2B21-4F31-B558-7DDA8337A4F7.jpeg

1 hour ago, Hayzee said:

Are there any other possible changes apart from the lights?

Not sure of the equipment level that is on the PHEV, one change could be the fitting of usb-c connection and some of the lights being changed to led ones and some electric adjustment on the passenger seat.

1 hour ago, Roger_N said:

How about the roof console? Are those buttons lit now and can you tell if they're led's fitted on the interior now?

47 minutes ago, Roger_N said:

Not sure of the equipment level that is on the PHEV, one change could be the fitting of usb-c connection and some of the lights being changed to led ones and some electric adjustment on the passenger seat.

That's a good point, has it got adjustment on the passenger seat? 🤔 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links