Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Interior lights

Safcaw

Thanks Thermal - I've found the link and have emailed them🙂

After contacting the Homie Parts Store via Ali Express contact centre - this was their response

"For this product, we have no right-hand drive[Sorry]http://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/H95d9b51157db467d9d28245128b5ff36f.png"

and another USA site - CarTrimHome via messenger - 

"Sorry, not yet, But the factory is already trying this plan, For now, only the 2022 RAV4 has suitable samples"

So both said that RHD version not available - but I know it is as some of you have done yours. I've looked on Amazon, eBay etc but no luck. Does anybody have a direct link to RHD supplier for the lighted window switch upgrade please?

Ok, I know they had them, because when I ordered them I received the RHD version, even when the shipping address in NL.

I  emailed them, and returned the package. After 2 or 3 weeks I received the LHD version.

And many UK RAV4 owners ordered the switches there.

• Like 1

Other Homerl,

see my post here on January 7, it has a link and if you scroll down you will see RHD mentioned

Paul

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 1/10/2022 at 7:44 PM, Thermal said:

Hmm... so after 3 years of complaints Toyota are still selling the RAV4's with unlit window switches? 😲   I found that downright dangerous and it was the first (and only-) thing I changed, soon after I got it. See the above link (recommended), and make sure to order RHD or LHD according to your country.

Since this simple modification, my RAV4 changed from 99.9% to 100,0% perfectness! 👍

I can't seem to find the ali express link for rhd, only this one https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000744905589.html, there doesn't seem to be an option to choose lhd or rhd.

I posted a message but no reply on the shop site.

Has anyone got a link to the rhd version?

Cheers

If the wiring Loom is the same as my 21 plate Corolla hatchback Hybrid,when in the dark pull down the sun visor, slide back the plastic shutter/ cover over the vanity mirror and a light comes on in the roof which illuminates all drivers controls,this is independant of all other interior lighting..The angle of the visor is critical to the light coming on, look in the mirror for correct angle. PLEASE REMEMBER to close the shutter on the visor or the start of a flat Battery will be the result.If one of you RAV4 owners tries this and it works for your model of car post it on here.Finding this out by accident made my hatchback Toyota  a more pleasant car to drive.

Cartrimhome messaged me to say they now sell RHD version of lighted window switches. I've ordered but waiting for delivery as coming from USA. This is the link you need:

Free Shipping Lighted LED Power Single Window Switch for Toyota RAV4 2019-2023 RHD (cartrimhome.com)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, ignorant said:

If the wiring Loom is the same as my 21 plate Corolla hatchback Hybrid,when in the dark pull down the sun visor, slide back the plastic shutter/ cover over the vanity mirror and a light comes on in the roof which illuminates all drivers controls,this is independant of all other interior lighting..The angle of the visor is critical to the light coming on, look in the mirror for correct angle. PLEASE REMEMBER to close the shutter on the visor or the start of a flat battery will be the result.If one of you RAV4 owners tries this and it works for your model of car post it on here.Finding this out by accident made my hatchback Toyota  a more pleasant car to drive.

Yes works on the RAV. Been using the same method for a while but recently discovered there’s a raised dot on the interior light on / off switch which allows you to identify the switch in the dark. 

3 hours ago, Other Homer said:

Cartrimhome messaged me to say they now sell RHD version of lighted window switches. I've ordered but waiting for delivery as coming from USA. This is the link you need:

Free Shipping Lighted LED Power Single Window Switch for Toyota RAV4 2019-2023 RHD (cartrimhome.com)

Fantastic buddy, cheers.  I'm ordering one now.  I am thinking more and more of keeping my 21 Rav long term, and this is the one thing that really bugs me.

• Like 1

TBF, that eBay quote includes the backlit mirror adjuster as well as the backlit door switch. Then again, the kit I've ordered from cartrimhome also has backlit window switches for the other 3 doors as well as the drivers door.

I guess the higher price on eBay is it is a genuine Toyota part and not a pattern part.

• Like 1

Aye.i didn't fancy paying 200 quid.

I'd rather have all four door window switches than the mirror one.

The HEV must be the same fittings as the PHEV which has the window switches illuminated is it not possible to source these?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Yugguy1970 said:

Yes you're right but again, genuine Toyota parts would be really expensive I reckon.

I've seen a lot of videos of these aftermarket ones and they look fine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQCdQ9JUdjw

They seem to be the ones that many on YouTube use and I guess you’re absolutely correct about the price. It’s a shame that it’s made so difficult to acquire RHD parts in the UK.

• Like 1

You know looking at these:

https://cartrimhome.com/LED-Power-Single-Window-Switch-for-Toyota-RAV4-2019-RHD

https://www.aliexpress.com/i/4000744905589.html

The only real difference I can see between the lhd and rhd units is that the top locking and window switches are swapped over, which isn't exactly a show stopper.

I was concerned that the wiring harness may cause issues buying LHD version so didn't buy these. Happy to be corrected if anyone has fitted the ali express LHD kit and the switches all work ok. 

Received the RHD lighted swich kit from Cartrimhome yesterday and took about 30 minutes to fit to all doors. Great product - looks OEM and all worked perfectly. I already fitted the lighted door handle bowl kit and the wiring harnesses from that all worked with the new lighted switch kit. Really pleased with the look now.1602290841_IMG_5042driverdoorlightup.thumb.jpg.b18e2c265db9feed1598060826b9fcfd.jpg

IMG_5038 passenger light up.jpg

• Like 4

On 2/16/2023 at 10:27 AM, Other Homer said:

Received the RHD lighted swich kit from Cartrimhome yesterday and took about 30 minutes to fit to all doors. Great product - looks OEM and all worked perfectly. I already fitted the lighted door handle bowl kit and the wiring harnesses from that all worked with the new lighted switch kit. Really pleased with the look now.1602290841_IMG_5042driverdoorlightup.thumb.jpg.b18e2c265db9feed1598060826b9fcfd.jpg

IMG_5038 passenger light up.jpg

Awesome, they look really good, can't wait to get mine.

I've changed the boot light to a decent led but I won't touch the interior festoons, I prefer softer light inside.

• Like 1

Yes I did the same with the boot light and the vanity mirror lights. Original non LED boot light pretty useless unless very dark🤨

• Like 1

Never understood why car manufacturers puts the boot light on the side wall. If boot is full light is obscured. Should be in the roof. Most of the time you roll back the boot blind so you can see into the boot.

• Like 1

I think it's quite handy; People always comment on how they wish their (Usually far more expensive) car had a boot light whenever I've had to get something out of it at night. Every Yaris I've owned has had one too! :laugh: 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, robo1 said:

Never understood why car manufacturers puts the boot light on the side wall. If boot is full light is obscured. Should be in the roof. Most of the time you roll back the boot blind so you can see into the boot.

That's a very good point, it's very difficult to see what I'm doing when the boot is full of rolled up carpet concealing various people who have upset me.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Rhymes with Paris said:

That's a very good point, it's very difficult to see what I'm doing when the boot is full of rolled up carpet concealing various people who have upset me.

Yeh, I find their feet get in the way.

• Haha 2

Some of you might laugh at the Skoda brand but they are now excellent cars.  The scientific boffs in the Czech Republic invented a removable boot light that can be used as a torch and the drivers door accommodates an umbrella just like a Bentley.  The umbrella is particularly good as my hair goes all curly if the slightest bit of rain lands on it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links