Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New C-HR

Devon Aygo

This just landed by Email. Just about everything you need to know 👍😎

https://media.toyota.co.uk/vehicles/all-new-toyota-c-hr/

Unless I’ve missed something it’s looking like we won’t be getting a heated steering wheel option on any U.K. model, not the end of the world but a very nice thing to have. Unless the colour is way different in the flesh were 99% there on the Premiere Edition 🤔😎

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

We’ve seen it , sat in it and 😍 it, can’t wait to see the Premiere Edition when that lands in the next few weeks. From our point of view there was nothing we disliked , other than the cab did feel very dark on the GR Sport model JRT have in. The panoramic roof and grey leather on the PE should lift the interior. The cockpit is a massive step forward over the outgoing model in terms of layout and ergonomics. The dash , gear leaver, infotainment are great. The flush door handles all “pop out” when you press the key and felt ok to use. The external styling is very different to the first gen and unless you know your C-HRs I doubt most folk would know it’s the same model. 

The design is so different I feel this is going to be a very “marmite” choice, some will love it , others will not. If you’re interested in one they should be in the showrooms before Xmas. Hopefully we will be getting ours 01.03.2024 🤞 

IMG_8104.jpeg

IMG_8093.jpeg

IMG_8085.jpeg

IMG_8084.jpeg

IMG_8092.jpeg

IMG_8086.jpeg

IMG_8094.jpeg

IMG_8103.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Looks good apart from the black back end, I really dislike that element, especially with the rear door being in two colours.  I guess they wanted to try and make it look more like the Prologue concept 🤔  

If I was going down the C-HR route, I was looking at the Premiere Edition, but I went away from that due to the two tone paint treatment.  I would therefore look at the Excel as the black roof looks fine, especially with the Panoramic roof, but then I would have to add extras to get some of the goodies I would lose....

I am looking forward to seeing it in the metal 😀 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Harters said:

Looks good apart from the black back end, I really dislike that element, especially with the rear door being in two colours.  I guess they wanted to try and make it look more like the Prologue concept 🤔  

If I was going down the C-HR route, I was looking at the Premiere Edition, but I went away from that due to the two tone paint treatment.  I would therefore look at the Excel as the black roof looks fine, especially with the Panoramic roof, but then I would have to add extras to get some of the goodies I would lose....

I am looking forward to seeing it in the metal 😀 

It’s very different to the first gen , much simpler and less “fussy” design language , doesn’t look or feel big but the cabin feels a touch wider 👍😎

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AndyRC said:

The design is so different I feel this is going to be a very “marmite” choice, some will love it , others will not

It's not pretty, but pretty funky looking 🤩 

It's nice to see them pushing out braver designs. I'm a sucker for the rear lights with the backlit logo. It's all a bit 80's Bladerunner-esque.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ZZYGY said:

More here

Nice find 👍😎 interestingly the car we looked at today sits a lot higher than the Prologue concept , I’d say by probably about 2 inches 🤔

• Like 1

Trish mentions buttons for heated steering wheel and heated screen about 14 minutes in , sadly looks like those are going to be unavailable in the U.K. ☹️

It's hard to see, but I think the button she said was for a heated windscreen screen is actually for defrosting the area of the screen where the wipers park as in the image below to stop them getting stuck to the screen.

I think it would be a bit tight not to include a heated steering wheel as they are readily available on Hyundai's including the i10 which my friend has.

image.thumb.png.1509e8bd600ac1ed41cc5d8cdfd3e97f.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, AndyRC said:

Trish mentions buttons for heated steering wheel and heated screen about 14 minutes in , sadly looks like those are going to be unavailable in the U.K. ☹️

A truly dreadful reviewer!

But, yes, the Premiere Edition that she was sat in did have buttons for a heated steering wheel and the windscreen wiper warmers (as I have on my RAV4). A still from the video shows them below:

image.png.6a4d7e4d389bcd873ed2280fa10e4043.png

As to whether we see those in the UK spec Premiere Edition we will have to wait and see - it wouldn't surprise me too much if we did (in that grade only, for now).

• Like 3

1 hour ago, philip42h said:

But, yes, the Premiere Edition that she was sat in did have buttons for a heated steering wheel and the windscreen wiper warmers (as I have on my RAV4). A still from the video shows them below:

As to whether we see those in the UK spec Premiere Edition we will have to wait and see - it wouldn't surprise me too much if we did (in that grade only, for now).

🤞 after having a heated steering wheel on our previous Excel we used it far more than expected. A heated windscreen is also a very useful feature as the car will live outside. Unfortunately there is nothing about these features on anything Toyota GB have issued to date. Sales force from the local dealership are off for training in the next few weeks and this is a question I’ve asked them to get an answer to. 

On 11/15/2023 at 11:54 AM, philip42h said:

Does the heating element on cover the area where the Wiper Blades park? 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, AndyRC said:

Does the heating element on cover the area where the wiper blades park? 

Yes as per the video below.  Its looks like it has been a feature in North American Toyota's since at least 2011 😀

• Like 1

Demo car, 2.0 GR sport  arrived at our local dealer , JRT Hull, it won’t be on the road until December but as soon as it is we will be having the first test drive 😎 

• Like 4

On 11/18/2022 at 8:49 AM, forkingabout said:

I see a lot of people posting online about poor rear seat space & luggage capacity, it seems the C-HR badge ( Coupé - High Rider ) doesn't give them the hint it's not a family / luggage hauling vehicle & they should be looking elsewhere for there transportation needs.

Hopefully Toyota wont ruin the C-HR image by designing family friendly & practical in to the new one.

FWIW - I see the same complaints about the Lexus UX as well.

I ruled the CH-R out as a replacement for my Auris, (when I trade it in, two or three years time), due to it's lack of practicality. It will be a Corolla Estate that replaces the much loved Auris. The CH-R is actually quite a big lump of a car, it has a big footprint, the luggage space is just too small for a car of that size. BUT, as AndyRC points out, CH-R is not designed as a practical load lugger, it is a snazzy looking , fashionable  type of thingy. Toyota offers, Corolla Estate, Yaris Cross, RAV4 and others up to Hi-Lux and Land Cruiser, if practicality is your thing.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, AndyRC said:

Good find 👍😎 The 8 inch infotainment display looks lost in the 12 inch surround ☹️

Agreee. Doesn't look good👎

Better to choose(if possible of course) higher trim and have 12 inch infotainment display. 

• Like 2

On 11/19/2023 at 7:26 AM, mpm235 said:

I ruled the CH-R out as a replacement for my Auris, (when I trade it in, two or three years time), due to it's lack of practicality. It will be a Corolla Estate that replaces the much loved Auris. The CH-R is actually quite a big lump of a car, it has a big footprint, the luggage space is just too small for a car of that size. BUT, as AndyRC points out, CH-R is not designed as a practical load lugger, it is a snazzy looking , fashionable  type of thingy. Toyota offers, Corolla Estate, Yaris Cross, RAV4 and others up to Hi-Lux and Land Cruiser, if practicality is your thing.

After spending 30 minutes with it , mainly sat in the front I can confirm the rear cabin is still dark , tight and quite claustrophobic feeling and the boot space feels about the same as current generation. The big improvement is the front seating area which is a quantum leap forward IMO, it feels as upto date as anything I’ve sat in and switch gear is placed much better. I’m expecting the panoramic roof to lighten the cabin a lot. In short it’s still very much a Coupe High Rider albeit a very different looking one 😎

• Like 4

This is a very interesting video showing what is possible economy wise. 

I was mesmerised watching the dials 😆

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

On 11/22/2023 at 9:39 AM, Harters said:

This is a very interesting video showing what is possible economy wise. 

I was mesmerised watching the dials 😆

I’m expecting to be able to average 60mpg on longer runs with the 2.0 HEV driven without doing anything special and sticking to the  relevant speed limit and using as much “anticipation” as possible. It wasn’t difficult to average 57-59 with the old  2.0 Excel we had 👍

• Like 1

Just been to my local dealer in Hedge End and they have two Design (I think) models. One in the showroom with a roof and one out back without. 

To be honest, it left me a bit cold. It seemed really dark and gloomy inside, more so than the previous model. As the glass roof is heavily tinted it wasn’t obvious that it had one. It may be more obvious when outside in the daylight of course.

It was good to see it in one colour, but the blue didn’t do it any favours in my opinion. 

IMG_7437.jpeg

IMG_7436.jpeg

IMG_7435.jpeg

• Like 3

On 11/23/2023 at 12:40 PM, Harters said:

Just been to my local dealer in Hedge End and they have two Design (I think) models. One in the showroom with a roof and one out back without. 

To be honest, it left me a bit cold. It seemed really dark and gloomy inside, more so than the previous model. As the glass roof is heavily tinted it wasn’t obvious that it had one. It may be more obvious when outside in the daylight of course.

It was good to see it in one colour, but the blue didn’t do it any favours in my opinion. 

IMG_7437.jpeg

IMG_7436.jpeg

IMG_7435.jpeg

I don’t think dark colours do the gen2 any favours ☹️  the GR sport we sat in didn’t have a panoramic roof and felt dark too. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links