Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Cross accessories and improvements

anchorman

On 3/5/2023 at 10:37 AM, Nikos1 said:

What is this connector for? Mine is not connected. Maybe park assistance?

9B32F2E7-EE84-425A-98E0-BB1EB97E5B2B.jpeg

Nicos, now able to update this.  It goes to the blind spot monitoring sonar as seen in the photo.  There’s dozens of plugs behind those panels.  

6495462F-6623-45EA-BB96-A178C4E446D1.jpeg

30 minutes ago, anchorman said:

The part number is TPW241-0D004 and it’s described on the invoice as “Box”!

Thanks. I’ll get one ordered. I found the fitting instructions from the tech site you previously made me aware of.

https://www.toyota-tech.eu/aimuploads/f4e1adb6-39cb-4814-9ad0-7fc7b570d9a0/Yaris-Cross_Storage_Box _PW241_0D004_AIM_006_162_0.pdf

• Like 1

6 hours ago, IT Troll said:

Thanks. I’ll get one ordered. I found the fitting instructions from the tech site you previously made me aware of.

https://www.toyota-tech.eu/aimuploads/f4e1adb6-39cb-4814-9ad0-7fc7b570d9a0/Yaris-Cross_Storage_Box _PW241_0D004_AIM_006_162_0.pdf

Yes, that’s them but it tells you to take the plastic stud out first.  I find it better to just pull because it’s down in a recess but if you prefer to try it’s up to you.  

• Thanks 1

Good grief anchs you must have been a terror to your parents, I can just see it...

"Anchsdad! Come look at this!"

"What is it Anchsmum?"

"Anchs has dismantled our brand new TV!!"

"It's alright, I'm sure he'll fix it. He's turbocharged the hoover!"

"I know!! The dog's been sucked into it!!!"

:laugh: 

• Haha 5

Don,

Are you saying the extra boot trim adds a touch of refinement?

Tel

9 minutes ago, Tel 2 said:

Don,

Are you saying the extra boot trim adds a touch of refinement?

Tel

Well it’s nicer than looking at all that bare metal and if you tap the boot floor with your fingers it’s like a tin can so it probably stops some noise - I’ve lined mine with sound deadening and the grey one in the photos.  I like this Cross for various reasons but there are a few things Toyota could have done better for little cost.  They could have added this rubber insert for instance because the net cost will be single figures and the interior lights are a joke.  Virtually every other car at this price point has a “room light” above the back seat but we have that piddling incandescent map light at the front making it gloomy.  It also has a Trabant horn which for a car of circa 30k is tat.  These things are not life threatening but have a look at a Honda HRV in the same price point and it’s in a different league.  Plush carpets instead of chip carton, proper horns, no bare metal (if you watch the Cross being made videos, they paint the inside of the back door because there’s no trim on it), the lighting is exemplary, there are led lights at the front and there are touch sensitive down lights at the rear and twin horns.  They are much quieter inside.  

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Cyker said:

Good grief anchs you must have been a terror to your parents, I can just see it...

"Anchsdad! Come look at this!"

"What is it Anchsmum?"

"Anchs has dismantled our brand new TV!!"

"It's alright, I'm sure he'll fix it. He's turbocharged the hoover!"

"I know!! The dog's been sucked into it!!!"

:laugh: 

It remembers me a vintage Italian spot ( around 1970 )

It's spoken in Italian but i see that automatic transaltion in english of subtitles is quite good

• Haha 1

Fitted the new Yaris Cross Storage Box.

Could not fit the Polystyrene Moulding Pin back however.

So fitted the Moulding properly & left the rubberised Storage Box in the sun.

5 mins later, sorted.

Tel

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tel 2 said:

How much was yours? I’ve contacted an online dealer and my local dealership but haven’t heard back from either yet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tel 2 said:

5 mins later, sorted.

Tel

Told you 3 hands was helpful!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

£80 & has allowed me to reduce Boot Baggage by "hiding the Toyota Breakdown Kit,Locking wheel nuts & my 2 cans of Lexus Tyre Gunk .

Tel

• Like 3

My Toyota dealer finally got back to me about the AWD storage box. Apparently it doesn't show on their system as being compatible and so they had to seek clarification from Toyota. Initial price quoted was £112. When I said this was rather high the best they could do was £90. Will arrive in a couple of days.

22 minutes ago, IT Troll said:

Initial price quoted was £112. When I said this was rather high the best they could do was £90. Will arrive in a couple of days.

Any sale and profit is better than no sale or profit. 

On 4/23/2023 at 8:26 AM, Tel 2 said:

Are you saying you warmed up the new part and then fitted it around the existing polystyrene moulding whilst it was fixed in position?

Yes as the Pin was not centred when the Storage Box was fitted first.

Once Installed, it really seals the Boot area to boost refinement particularly if the acoustic pads are fitted to the bare metal floor (Amazon).

Good softer walled tyres are the ultimate refinement addition if you have Falkens fitted.

Tel

• Thanks 1

Hi,

Does anyone know how different are the Cross and Hatch versions? I want to make some improvements on the just arrived Mrs Yaris. Portuguese trim level name is Exclusive, pretty similar to UK's Design trim.

@anchorman

Hi Don

seeing as you’ve stripped your car I thought I’d ask. 

im trying to remove the door cards to fit new focal Speakers but failing at the first hurdle of removing the window switch trim. I’ve used a pry tool and managed to lift it to about 1cm at the front but can’t get it to unclip at the back (along the door card). Don’t want to force it and break the clips. Any tips? 

5 hours ago, Nakamotoyo said:

@anchorman

Hi Don

seeing as you’ve stripped your car I thought I’d ask. 

im trying to remove the door cards to fit new focal speakers but failing at the first hurdle of removing the window switch trim. I’ve used a pry tool and managed to lift it to about 1cm at the front but can’t get it to unclip at the back (along the door card). Don’t want to force it and break the clips. Any tips? 

Don’t worry, you won’t break it.   Work round it pulling it up.  It will come off.  

• Thanks 1

Fitted my AWD "trunk organizer" today. I didn't bother removing the existing polystyrene moulding and it went in easily. Barely took two minutes. I really don't understand why the instructions tell you to remove it first. This moulding should have come as standard as part of the AWD option. Thanks again @anchorman for highlighting this part.

• Like 1

Warmer weather certainly helps.

Tel

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone considered improving the drivers door lock on the Excel model by painting it black or body coloured ?

Tel

6 hours ago, Tel 2 said:

Anyone considered improving the drivers door lock on the Excel model by painting it black or body coloured ?

Tel

can you please show what you mean (aka, post a foto)?

• Like 1

The lock itself !

Tel

IMG_0008.jpeg

Bit excessive Tel. Match your wheels - leave ‘em 😉

• Like 1

Don,

Agree but mine has the door protection on that raised the question.

Tel

IMG_0020.jpeg

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links