Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

12v battery maintenance, issues, etc.

FROSTYBALLS

18 minutes ago, Countryside said:

Many thanks I could easily sit in car in winter for 30 mins with warm coat and wool hat on with no heating on nothing 

Or you can park the car close to a tea room or a pub, lock it with manual key and have a warm cup of tea or chocolate with butter cookies, or ( if you prefer ) a pint of cold beer 😉 

Say I went to friends 50 miles down motorway and 50 miles back then next 2 days I didn’t use car would Battery still be fully charged ?

31 minutes ago, Countryside said:

Say I went to friends 50 miles down motorway and 50 miles back then next 2 days I didn’t use car would battery still be fully charged ?

That's about 1 hour each way, so yes. 

If they put a Mutlu 35Ah in 2024 cars, and in future it gives problem, Don will install the Yuasa Battery free for forum members, even make u a free cuppa and give a head and shoulders massage in the process for good measures. 

• Haha 5

Yes 1 hour each way down the M1

14 hours ago, Countryside said:

Yes but surely you leave in ready mode for 30 mins if you haven’t used it for say 3 frosty days over winter ?

Mine tends to sit unused for 1-2 weeks over the xmas holidays; It's been through 3 so far and still surviving!

I do use it a lot though so I guess the Battery hasn't had a chance to degrade as quickly...?

55 minutes ago, Cyker said:

Mine tends to sit unused for 1-2 weeks over the xmas holidays; It's been through 3 so far and still surviving!

I do use it a lot though so I guess the battery hasn't had a chance to degrade as quickly...?

That’s good has yours got the Turkish battery ?

I believe so - I must admit I've not looked!! But I've not changed the Battery since I've had it from new.

45 minutes ago, Cyker said:

I believe so - I must admit I've not looked!! But I've not changed the battery since I've had it from new.

I believe that yours is the Launch Edition same as mine and in which case it will definitely have the Mutlu Battery.

• Like 1

...and this what mine looks like just now...

Screenshot_20240221-220006.thumb.png.0e282a28f3a3d1831d607708cf1608ec.png

(many thanks to @Chas G for the monitor!)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I can now join the "let's bore everyone to death with a load of graphs" crowd! 🤣😉

• Haha 8

1 hour ago, CPN said:

I believe that yours is the Launch Edition

@Cykerhas an Excel version but I have no way of knowing if that’s a different Battery make…

• Like 1

I'm assuming they all have the same Battery!

On 2/20/2024 at 4:43 PM, Countryside said:

Many people are on their knees praying the new 2024 revised Yaris has a Yuasa battery fitted Don including me 

It’s a satisfying notion but I’m sceptical about it.  As an atheist, I can make Dawkins and Gervais look like Choirboys so I’ll have to rely on yanking the seat out of a new one asap.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Mojo1010 said:

That's about 1 hour each way, so yes. 

If they put a Mutlu 35Ah in 2024 cars, and in future it gives problem, Don will install the Yuasa battery free for forum members, even make u a free cuppa and give a head and shoulders massage in the process for good measures. 

It’s true

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Graham47 said:

@Cykerhas an Excel version but I have no way of knowing if that’s a different battery make…

My Excel had a Mutlu...

1 hour ago, anchorman said:

It’s true

Well Don your very close I’m in Leicestershire I’ve been to Derby many times to the pride park area down Brian clough way from the M1 👍

• Like 1

16 hours ago, RickyC said:

Or you can park the car close to a tea room or a pub, lock it with manual key and have a warm cup of tea or chocolate with butter cookies, or ( if you prefer ) a pint of cold beer 😉 

I wonder:

Do this by all means but lock the car normally.   Now use remote conditioning and it will light up for 20 minutes.

Now the ICE will obviously fire up to warm the car, but if you set the temp low it will need to start less frequently  if at all.

Would the car go to Conditioning Mode if the heating is switched off?  It's raining right now so I am not about to check

QaThe next thought on conditioning is an Oh siht one.

What happens is you initiate remote conditioning when the Battery level is insufficient to put the car in Ready Mode?

Will it respond to the command from the Server to try to go to Ready Mode?  Will it then hang in that Blackpool illumination Mode until the Battery dies completely?  Will it give up and shut down?

1 hour ago, Countryside said:

Well Don your very close I’m in Leicestershire I’ve been to Derby many times to the pride park area down Brian clough way from the M1 👍

I’m actually right at the northern tip of Derbyshire near Buxton but if you fancy a run up you will be made very welcome and I’ll get you the Yuasa Battery at trade price (a bit over £75 inc vat I think the last one was).

13 minutes ago, Roy124 said:

Will it then hang in that Blackpool illumination Mode until the battery dies completely?  Will it give up and shut down?

If the car fails to engage Ready mode, the Battery dropped under 7V already so nothing would work anymore, no DCM so no communication with a car. Using physical key to access car would be necessary. 

1 hour ago, anchorman said:

I’m actually right at the northern tip of Derbyshire near Buxton but if you fancy a run up you will be made very welcome and I’ll get you the Yuasa battery at trade price (a bit over £75 inc vat I think the last one was).

Many thanks Don that’s very kind of you indeed but my new car I can order anytime is on motability for 3 years and I don’t think they would let me change the brand new Battery ? Very few days I wouldn’t use the car so I think I’d be ok still waiting for Lexus LBX to appear on motability says shortly online then it’s choice between new 2024 Yaris excel hatch , Lexus LBX , Toyota Chr new model or Honda ZRV all hybrid on motability I just put petrol in 

6 hours ago, anchorman said:

I’m actually right at the northern tip of Derbyshire near Buxton but if you fancy a run up you will be made very welcome and I’ll get you the Yuasa battery at trade price (a bit over £75 inc vat I think the last one was).

Cat and Fiddle for a few pints followed by fast m/bike ride to Macclesfield. Lovely dry stone walls with big drops on the other side 😱.

4 minutes ago, Chas G said:

Cat and Fiddle for a few pints followed by fast m/bike ride to Macclesfield. Lovely dry stone walls with big drops on the other side 😱.

Stop taking...the big blue ones !  🙂

6 hours ago, hind said:

If the car fails to engage Ready mode, the battery dropped under 7V already so nothing would work anymore, no DCM so no communication with a car. Using physical key to access car would be necessary. 

7v, true,  but I know from experience that failure to engage Ready mode can occur with much higher voltage.  The first time I experienced it was shocking.  Everything lit up, external lights flashed and controls took on a life of their own.  As Eric Morecombe might have said, everything worked just not in the right order.  This happened each time.

5 hours ago, Countryside said:

Many thanks Don that’s very kind of you indeed but my new car I can order anytime is on motability for 3 years and I don’t think they would let me change the brand new battery ? Very few days I wouldn’t use the car so I think I’d be ok still waiting for Lexus LBX to appear on motability says shortly online then it’s choice between new 2024 Yaris excel hatch , Lexus LBX , Toyota Chr new model or Honda ZRV all hybrid on motability I just put petrol in 

I doubt they’d ever know but it’s up to you.  Always welcome for a brew if you’re up this way.  

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links