Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

MY24 Yaris Cross

Devon Aygo

Missus ordered a Yaris Cross Excel FWD in Juniper Blue last week.

ETA according to the paperwork is currently 31st July. 

8 hours ago, forkingabout said:

No - according to the latest price list Design with optional safety pack misses out on the advanced parking assistance & 360 panoramic view monitor. 

Ah I see, that sucks 😞

1 hour ago, rdhdchris said:

According to my dealer, delivery date - as stated by the factory -  is currently 24/05. Of course might be just an estimation. I ordered beginning of February 2024. 

Yeah I was also told end of May, beggining June from the dealership. But having my doubts now

I put in a good word about my salesman - went straight to the salesmanager and put the order through.   Expected June or more likely July.

Some interesting bits though.  This 2024 is still MY21.  

The interest rate has gone down to 3.9% but the Dealer contribution had been removed.  You can still get the contribution but the interest rate will be 6.9%.

• Confused 1

44 minutes ago, Roy124 said:

Did you mean to say "MY21" Roy?

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Roy124 said:

I put in a good word about my salesman - went straight to the salesmanager and put the order through.   Expected June or more likely July.

The interest rate has gone down to 3.9% but the Dealer contribution had been removed.  You can still get the contribution but the interest rate will be 6.9%.

2024 model is called MC24 instead of MY24. This is because its a Model Change and not a new Model Year car. So it is based on MY21 and has the changes (noise reduction, new media design, 130 motor etc) they have announced. 

• Confused 1

14 hours ago, Roy124 said:

Dealer contribution with the 3.9% interest rate is available 😉 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, CPN said:

Did you mean to say "MY21" Roy?

Correct.  I queried this and was assured it was still MY21 as it was only minor revision on the displays and safety packs. 

@rdhdchris thanks, I had wondered about MC24 but that is not on my paperwork and the Excel still has the older engine.

@forkingabout interesting.   I shall push for that later.

One other tweak.  My current Excel has the Nextbase GWX380 cameras.   My original salesman said they would swap them to the new car.  The salesmanager said they would fit a new system as it was less work than stripping out the old one to refit.  He confirmed it would be the 380 though I am not sure if Nextbase still do the 380.

They do the x22 series or IQ.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

42 minutes ago, Roy124 said:

Correct.  I queried this and was assured it was still MY21 as it was only minor revision on the displays and safety packs. 

@rdhdchris thanks, I had wondered about MC24 but that is not on my paperwork and the Excel still has the older engine.

One other tweak.  My current Excel has the Nextbase GWX380 cameras.   My original salesman said they would swap them to the new car.  The salesmanager said they would fit a new system as it was less work than stripping out the old one to refit.  He confirmed it would be the 380 though I am not sure if Nextbase still do the 380.

380GWX (front and rear) certainly still seems to be available as we had it fitted couple of weeks ago. 

Our dealer said it was their preferred front/rear solution currently. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Roy124 said:

He’s right, I just tuck the connections out of sight and buy new ones.  If somebody finds them they might be able to use them.  

• Like 2

I wonder how long it will be till they install front and rear dashcams as standard?

1 hour ago, trashman1965 said:

380GWX (front and rear) certainly still seems to be available as we had it fitted couple of weeks ago. 

Our dealer said it was their preferred front/rear solution currently. 

Suspect they have a container full 😆

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, CPN said:

I wonder how long it will be till they install front and rear dashcams as standard?

As the cars already have a rear camera  and the front screen has a shed load of sensors a camera should be easy.

Somewhere in the forum is that very snazzy conformal front cam for the Corolla,  slide off the housing, plug camera into existing connector, fit camera.  Job done.

Next stage would be to display on the MMD and upload to Toyota as required. 

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, CPN said:

PSA ( now Stellantis ) started fitted front facing dash cams on some Citroen then DS models as standard back in 2017 - it hasn't really caught on. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

The problem is the obsolete very quickly - In a relatively short time we've gone from 640x480 to 1080p and now 4k resolutions, not to mention more advanced sensors for low light and HDR and I'm not sure if there are any legal ramifications that they are trying to avoid.

The other issue is storage - It's been an issue with Teslas, esp. older ones, as the storage chips wear out over time and they are not replaceable, so the entire MCU has to be replaced and that is even more expensive than replacing our hybrid batteries!

• Like 2

On 4/11/2024 at 7:08 PM, Roy124 said:

I thought that we had this cleared up... Toyota have themselves also designated that it is  MY24... in their online brochure. 

image.thumb.png.7f549b4f07a8533566c943396b01d278.png

• Like 2

Unfortunately for us Toyota over here in the UK still have the December 2022 brochure on the website for viewing.

UK customers need to check the current published price list & dealer briefing guide for features / specifications. 

• Confused 1

On 4/12/2024 at 6:35 AM, rdhdchris said:

2024 model is called MC24 instead of MY24. This is because its a Model Change and not a new Model Year car. So it is based on MY21 and has the changes (noise reduction, new media design, 130 motor etc) they have announced. 

Where have you gleaned this from?

6 hours ago, Bob66 said:

I thought that we had this cleared up... Toyota have themselves also designated that it is  MY24... in their online brochure. 

image.thumb.png.7f549b4f07a8533566c943396b01d278.png

But not Toyota UK.

• Sad 1

My order states 2021 Excel at a basic price of £24 645 that does not include delivery or tax.

• Confused 1

14 minutes ago, Roy124 said:

My order states 2021 Excel at a basic price of £24 645 that does not include delivery or tax.

Yeah mine also shows 2021 as well  ex vat £22,303.33

• Confused 1

Deleted 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nixxy2401 said:

Deleted also 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Roy124 said:

I've looked at my order paperwork....no mention of any MY at all...just states "new car" ? In fact, I've never seen , any mention of MY on any previous orders either?  The MY only seems to be mentioned in the spec list.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links