Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

At last... The new car is home!

CPN

1 hour ago, anchorman said:

The Cross Excel has them and they can be pre heated from the app.

Sadly I have an irrational hate for SUV (having owned one)

• Like 2

It's a more powerful electric motor for the increase in bhp/torque, read it in the Toyota press release. 

• Like 2

On 4/8/2024 at 1:28 PM, CPN said:

b) It's possible, I suppose, but an electric motor wound and built in a certain way will produce a finite output which would be difficult to control via "software" since it would probably require extra physical equipment to effect such a power/torque reduction, adding additional cost. Why would they do that if it is just as easy to put a differently rated motor in the same housing and use the same control unit; albeit with different specs to control the new output? (and by the use of the word "control", I don't mean varying the output...)

Factory optimization to avoid to have and manufature two different power units.  

But they could effectively produce old and new motors and install the correct ones according to the requested power.

By the way I see that also power changes according country.  In Italy the Lounge grade that is quite equivalent to UK Excel one uses the 130 hp engine. The 115 engine is installed only on the two lower grades.   

• Like 2

5 hours ago, RickyC said:

But they could effectively produce old and new motors and install the correct ones according to the requested power.

I think that that is the more likely one...

5 hours ago, RickyC said:

By the way I see that also power changes according country.  In Italy the Lounge grade that is quite equivalent to UK Excel one uses the 130 hp engine. The 115 engine is installed only on the two lower grades.

Well of course! You know why that is don't you? They're all hooligans in Italy! Bit like @Cyker really! 🤣 (running for cover... 😉)

• Haha 4

Well, I am now able to answer the burning question that many of you have...

PXL_20240409_174431958.thumb.jpg.1ccea3e48537b1e53b8b94771a34568a.jpg

Yes, I'm afraid that new cars have the dreaded Mutlu Battery in them :Jumpy:

But, the one I've got seems to be in rude health (it's been standing doing nothing for 3 days...)

Screenshot_20240409-202321.thumb.png.d1957f3a4dea52be3a3b44fcebfd4b9b.png

...and that is positively my last word about batteries!! :gossip:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Oi I'm no hooligan! :mad: ... I just drive like one sometimes... :whistling1: :laugh: 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, CPN said:

Yes, I'm afraid that new cars have the dreaded Mutlu battery in them :Jumpy:

But, the one I've got seems to be in rude health (it's been standing doing nothing for 3 days...)

Looks like you removed the rear seat base to get that access from above. How easy was it?
I’ll be looking to fit a BM6 Battery monitor when I pick my new Yaris up and I guess it needs attaching directly to the Battery terminals, or does it?…
Why have you disconnected the Battery? Any issues?

19 minutes ago, dash said:

Looks like you removed the rear seat base to get that access from above. How easy was it?

You need to be brave! The popper catch is tough and there is a U clip at the front edge that needs to come up and off simultaneously! A good hard tug upwards around the middle and front edge of the offside rear passenger seat and they will both disengage. It feels like you are going to damage the seat but you won't because it's bendy and pretty forgiving. I then use a good stiff small cardboard box to jam under the seat to keep it up and out of the way. There are then 2 clips to remove so that you can lift the cloth cover, that covers the access to the Battery...

I’ll be looking to fit a BM6 battery monitor when I pick my new Yaris up and I guess it needs attaching directly to the battery terminals, or does it?…

Yes, it does.

Why have you disconnected the battery? Any issues?

None at all. I was just fitting a BM6 plus a charger tail (maybe) for future use... Belt and braces and all that... 😉

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, CPN said:

Yes, I'm afraid that new cars have the dreaded Mutlu battery in them :Jumpy:

Or is it?  That’s a different part number.  Original is 20, yours is 21;

IMG_5159.jpeg

22 minutes ago, anchorman said:

Or is it?  That’s a different part number.  Original is 20, yours is 21;

IMG_5159.jpeg

Good point! Well spotted that man!

• Like 1

Looking Toyota UK Yaris 2024 brochure I see

Fuel Injection System:   Direct multipoint injection

For both 115 and 130 version ( ICE should not change and has same specs of pre 2024 version )

Is there a mistake ?  AFAIK is a port injection engine.

• Like 1

Intriguingly, here are two images I got from Polish sites (where they are made)...

28800-K0020.thumb.png.74ce56bc2fc38d6f459f429139ba636c.png 28800-K0021.thumb.png.90f05b63528869c0a375bef7867f556a.png

Apparently, no difference in the spec! Curiouser and curiouser....

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, RickyC said:

For both 115 and 130 version ( ICE should not change and has same specs of pre 2024 version )

Where are you looking? There is still no digital manual for our 5th gen. power train vehicles yet on Toyota UK's site...

I see what you are on about in the brochure but I always thought it was a direct multipoint injection ICE. Looks like it from the plumbing in this photo?

Yaris130.thumb.jpg.f61fa6dfe09b9c25d3bc556aa496ffe5.jpg

As I have said previously, I think that the 14hp uplift from the 115 version is easily achievable with a simple ECU remap...

• Like 1

Actually, in this "tell the difference" comparison montage, it's hard to see any difference at all...

IMG-20201001-WA0030.thumb.jpg.26ea8e9a4e6180a20c199ac4b57e686f.jpg PXL_20240410_132645032-EDIT.thumb.jpg.7d6c6f7e77b90969115b28a57c06c5d6.jpg

Puzzle for today... 🤔

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, CPN said:

Actually, in this "tell the difference" comparison montage, it's hard to see any difference at all...

IMG-20201001-WA0030.thumb.jpg.26ea8e9a4e6180a20c199ac4b57e686f.jpg PXL_20240410_132645032-EDIT.thumb.jpg.7d6c6f7e77b90969115b28a57c06c5d6.jpg

Puzzle for today... 🤔

Ones Red the other Blue?

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

Just now, Dezzer21 said:

Ones Red the other Blue?

You just had to didn't you?! 🤣😂🤣

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, RickyC said:

Almost certainly a mistake; There's no such thing as "Direct Multipoint fuel injection".

Multipoint-point fuel injection, also known as port injection, is where fuel is injected just before each intake port valve (As opposed to single-point fuel injection, which happens nearer the throttle plate)

Direct injection is where fuel is injected directly into the combustion chamber.

I can only assume whoever wrote it thought it had both and left out the "and", as in "Direct and Multipoint fuel injection", or just plain didn't know what they were talking about and copied it down wrong.

Wrong either way :laugh: 

• Like 4

Will change this post when I make further enquiries 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Are you sure...? Unless things have changed in new new models, only the non-hybrid M15A-FKS engines had direct injection; The hybrid M15A-FXE had port injectors...!

The only new ones that have both is the M20A IIRC... :unsure:

• Like 1

Hmmmm, can someone PM me their current reg number and I will make a proper check against that instead of posting nonsense 😂😂

• Haha 2

Port injectors, I posted the correct picture but stated the wrong type, this is the M15A-FXE, sorry for the confusion, it's been a long day 

image.thumb.png.9cf06c85ee742e227f0ae5bb3e9aca1f.png

• Like 1

@Parts-King Which of these shows the base type number?

Variant: MXPH13(H)

Version: MXPH13R-BHXSBW(2G)

(extract from the V5C)

image.thumb.png.53af5fca1c90ede40d7def813078c06d.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Parts-King said:

image.thumb.png.53af5fca1c90ede40d7def813078c06d.png

Presumably the "(2G)" just stands for "2nd Generation"?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Parts-King said:

Port injectors, I posted the correct picture but stated the wrong type, this is the M15A-FXE, sorry for the confusion, it's been a long day 

image.thumb.png.9cf06c85ee742e227f0ae5bb3e9aca1f.png

Phew, thanks for taking the time to double-check! :thumbsup: 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links