Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

I'm Getting A New Car!

Demonic Angel

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pompey Gaz

• Demonic Angel

• T V O R

• chatman

I personally consider it an upgrade :lol:

Aygo is like only 800kgs Jim :) Lots of fun in the corners i must say :D

Woohoo - Dr Evils on my side! :lol:

I wonder if that also makes me Evil? Who knows, who cares, I have an ally! :D

Im interested in the financials behind it... my mind is like that

Running costs would be cheaper yes... but I just cant see how you can go from 2/3 year old Yaris to a brand new Aygo without having to Shell out a couple of grand...

Im happy for you if you happy hon :) seriously... I just dont get it lol, why not just stick with the Yaris... not like once your warranty runs out its gonna fall apart (believe me I owned one for 6 years)... and the difference in fuel economy is only going to make a vast difference over a large number of miles...

You say you got a good deal? They just swap you the cars?? :P

Nice . Aygo's quite "cute" !

Cant see how your saving money at all but as long as your happy with it ;)

I see where JJ is coming from. Obviously you have done your sums down to the last penny?

If it’s a straight swap then you may save money. How much are you adding to buy the Aygo when you part ex your Yaris/sell privately?

Offset that amount by what you are saving in future costs and it could be a couple of years before you are in profit/brake even.

Apologies that I do not wish to go into my personal finances on a public forum... :lol:

How about I send you my bank statements T V O R as you seem so keen to keep an eye on my money!

In fact, bugger it, become my bank manager, tell me what to buy and when to buy it, because quite obviously I'm incapable of making a personal financial decision! :lol: :lol:

I also bought a coat for £50 on Thursday night - was that wrong? ;) :lol:

I mean sheesh, every bugger else buys something fast, sporty & expensive and gets "Well dones" and I try and save money in some tiny way and I get berated for it - its like the space/time continuum has fluctuated because I didnt buy a fast car! :lol:

:( Oops i didnt mean it in a bad way pal .

Its just you keep mentioning saving money and i cant see how buying a new car saves you money ! When i bought my first flat i sold my Honda Accord and bought an Older mk2 Golf - No car finance and third pft = mucho savings per month .

:D Cancel the order and get a celica GT 190 lol bugger it , if you must live in the boot !!!

Hmm, I have to say that running costs do sound a lot better than the Yaris.....but as for monthly payments, I don't quite see the logic in that respect!

Those Aygo Blue's are cool tho, saw a load of them when we went to the parts centre at the local dealer a while back...they certainly do look the part, however when I had an Aygo as a courtesy car I really found it to small for me..not driving position wise, but as a whole...and I did miss the 1.3 "power".

Anyway each to their own...you've certainly done your research and worked it all out...when do you get it?

LOL

chill out Em ;) regardless of the responses... you put up a post saying 'new car' you are gonna get opinions... not everyone is gonna be on the same track as you...

and to be honest I'd be glad that people actually care about what ive done...

so many other peeps might just go... 'yay thats good' and not give a ***** whether it was in keeping with what you wanted..

at least the people on here care enough to listen to what you said 'needed to downgrade to a cheaper option to save for house' and have offered their views etc in relation to that...

thats people caring... not people wanting to fine-tooth-comb your finances hon :thumbsup: :)

Good choice Em :thumbsup:

That is probably about the nicest colour Aygo available......................................................

Apart from one in Chilli Red............ ;) :lol:

I hope that you enjoy many happy miles in Kai

I mean sheesh, every bugger else buys something fast, sporty & expensive and gets "Well dones" and I try and save money in some tiny way and I get berated for it - its like the space/time continuum has fluctuated because I didnt buy a fast car! :lol:

WELL DONE :yahoo:

You have an objective, you've worked out your course of action and now you are putting your plan into motion. And I congratulate you for that. :thumbsup:

Most people with a mortgage know it's struggle and every penny counts. For first time buyers that times ten!

I am sure in your own mind when you were thinking not only of the short term running costs of a car but the long term situation, you balanced on one hand, keeping our old car verses buying the Aygo and the fact the if interest rates go up for any reason you might have to hold on to what ever you were driving at that moment for a long time. Years and years maybe before you could afford to change it again. In that light a smaller newer car bought before you put a foot in the house market looks like a good move.

Well done................and it's a smashing looking car :toast:

I don't think people quite get it :lol: Apart from Fujisan that is! :lol:

I was going to buy something fast, expensive and sporty, which would have cost me more than the Yaris and more to run.... instead I've bought something cheaper which costs me less than the Yaris in all respects, including any monthly payments I might make.

I could have gone down the fast expensive route and really struggled to ever get my place on the housing market again.... however I chose to downsize to try and help me save money in the long run.

I could have kept my Yaris but if I can save some money somewhere then of course I will if it helps me get my own gaff :thumbsup: All in all it was more practical than going down the Celica or MR2 route, but hey, I can buy one of those when I'm settled.

And as for power, well the 1.3 Yaris doesn't have a great deal anyway so to be fair its not like I'm missing out on much! :lol:

That's where i went wrong!! :D

I changed my Yaris for the CTS and bought my own place at the same time!!

:wacko:

Em, sorry but you're coming across as though you've been duped by this finace stuff.

It HAS to cost money to change cars, the Aygo lists at £8k and the px on your Yaris isn't going to cover that. I'd guess the cost to change is around £3k.

No amount of clever financing is going to make that £3k disappear... It might defer it for a while but ultimately you'll have to pay it.

You can take a short term view and say that it's cheaper for the next x months of course, but you'll still be paying out at the point when you'd have owned the Yaris outright and then suddenly the Aygo looks a LOT more expensive. If you want to cut monthly payments, why not just refinance the Yaris onto the same length of loan as the Aygo or buy a year old Aygo that's much nearer the value of your Yaris? Save the £3k and the depreciation on a brand new car!

If the Yaris was some kind of complete money pit then it might be different, but you're only going to save a small amount on running costs and it'll take a long time to save the amount extra you've paid on the Aygo.

Ultimately if you want a NEW car that's cheap to run and relatively cheap to own you've made a good choice. If you really believe that when you come to change it for something else it'll have saved you money over keeping the Yaris I think you're wrong. You probably know and accept that full well, take the hit later on once you've established yourself with your own place again but that's not how it's come across.

Either option is going to be cheaper than a recent MR2 or Celica though that's for sure ;)

Monetary shenanigans aside I hope you enjoy your new car :) If you don't, what's the point in having it?:D

Yeah... as above.

Don't see how you could be saving money, long term. Yeah initially, lower running costs, tax etc. But you would have had to pay out quite alot to get the Aygo.

Apologies that I do not wish to go into my personal finances on a public forum... How about I send you my bank statements T V O R as you seem so keen to keep an eye on my money!

In fact, bugger it, become my bank manager, tell me what to buy and when to buy it, because quite obviously I'm incapable of making a personal financial decision!

I try and save money in some tiny way and I get berated for it - its like the space/time continuum has fluctuated because I didnt buy a fast car! :lol:

Em, don’t get your knickers in a knot. You’ve already made it public about your intentions financially so expect some opinions. Your sums and objectives don’t add up.

I still can’t see how you are saving money! If I’m missing something please tell me!

The only way you are going to save money is if you buy an Aygo CASH (possibly second hand so someone else has taken the initial depreciation hit) and having no finance on any other car.

I agree you are saving money on running costs but that’s it. How much is the phantom saving on running costs going to cost you?

Any ‘Potential’ savings will be lost by the amount you have to find/finance to buy another new car, also what you will lose on your current car (depreciation) and the amount you will be spending on interest for the following X amount of years.

It’s a nice looking car and I wish you well, but don’t kid yourself and more importantly, don’t try and kid me!

Here we go again!!!!!!! Dont listen to the nasty man.

Em hon, if you have done the maths and it all adds up and your happy with the results, then go for it. If the maths doesnt add up but you still like the car, then go for it. If you like the car for the car itself, then go for it :thumbsup:

Its your life and your money do with it what you want. And enjoy. :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links