Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Oh No What Have I Done, Nemo Is Gone

dave.m

Totally different mate, will wait a couple of weeks and give opinion :thumbsup:

Dave you lucky bugger, jammie git, me jealous :rolleyes: :rolleyes: No never.......

To think you had defected no way :lol: :lol: Nice motor mate....New XTR as well....... HAve to see how it copes with the can of tyre sealant....

I knew all along you would stay true....Never a doubt in my mind....Now just stay away from train stations and low brick walls :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dave.m

• chatman

• anchorman

• duncerduncs

Also that message about the passenger airbag on the centre console wont go away. And

maybe you guys can help with this one, should the footwell lights go off completely when you start driving ?

The message about the passenger airbag, being on or off, is on all the time you're driving (you sort of get used to it after a while!)

The lights in the footwell will also stay on all the time, as well as the little light just above the front cup holders :thumbsup:

SHCM, re the mudflaps, I can remember an issue with them what was it ? Being an engineer I may not be able to handle

anything not being symmetrical, perpendicular, flat, parallel..............................................

:lol: :lol: Yeah, I know what you mean, the whole universe (almost) works on symmetry. I'm still looking for my second exhaust on the near side :unsure:.

The offside rear mudflap is narrower than the nearside due to the exhaust.

Duncs is spot on with the airbag light.

For your foot well lights, they should come on with the courtesy lamps when you get in, then go off after a while, again with the courtesy lamps. When you turn the key, they should be on again, but it you notice carefully, they are at a slightly lower intensity. Likewise, when you key off (or button off in my case :P), they should get brighter. (No, I don't think it is just due to a dip in Battery voltage when all the extra elecy goodies are turned on :lol:)

Cheers

Thanks a lot guys for your replies, that just leaves the mirror issue. Might check the fuse on that one :thumbsup:

Chatman, its not the new model XT-R, just missed it so no longer have the cruise control :(

Bit of a story there actually, my opinion of the steelers has reached a new low :yes: (Kingo excepted) I was doing a bit

of shopping around looking for an XT4 up to 1 year old. Every one I chased got sold before I got to it. Anyway I was at

one dealer owned by (wont name them directly) but they are Glasgow based and biggest in UK. They were trying to sell

me a new XT-R, but I had a figure in my head for a trade in to keep me from jumping in and they narrowly missed it.

I asked for their best and final offer using their finance to see what kind of deal I could get. Though this was based

on a petrol to keep it a bit cheaper. I then told them it was not good enough and I was going to their competitors which

is local to where I live. Told them the offer I had on the table and asked what they could do. They had one used 4.3 but

it was 2 years old so no good. They then offered me the demonstrator which as you can see is a diesel and an offer of

finance that no bank could beat. So this is the one I bought and the payments are £30 a month less than the other steeler

offered. Paid the deposit and shook on it. Gets home and the other dealer has left 3 messages, eventually they get me and ask what I have bought and what the figures are. When I tell them they offer me a brand new, new model XT-R diesel

for what I am paying plus an extra £3 per month :o Now I dont know what would have happened if I had said yes, first of all they wanted me to welch on a deal I allready shook hands on (how would they like that ?) but I wonder if I said yes would the car they were offering suddenly be sold but heres another but its extra because..............................

Anyway IMHO when you shake hands and sign for something thats it, end of story. But it does leave a bitter taste.

Sour grapes ? What do you think ? Oh and the trade in price I accepted was £900 less than what the other dealer was

offering but at the end of the day it comes down to what you are paying a month. Unless you are a cash buyer of course.

Nice one Dave

You should produce a suspense movie - you had us all worried for a bit.

You'll soon settle in to it. What does the mirror do?

Nice one Dave

When I press the button for the mirrors to fold in, only the drivers side works. The passenger side does not move.

What does the mirror do?

It shows him what's behind....Obliviously :P :P :P :P :P

Nice one Dave

When I press the button for the mirrors to fold in, only the drivers side works. The passenger side does not move.

Dave, I assume the normal adjustment and heater work? It just doesn't fold?

What does the mirror do?

Does it not also compete with the other tabloids? :g: :D

What does the mirror do?

:lol::lol: Yes the adjustment works fine, it just wont retract. Got to be a fuse surely ?

What does the mirror do?

:lol::lol: Yes the adjustment works fine, it just wont retract. Got to be a fuse surely ?

Unfortunately Dave I believe the folding motors and adjustment motors are off the same fuse, so "kick the stealer time" looks more likely. Sorry! :(

One of mine is fractionally slower to fold than the other, but you have to be a pedantic ****ing geek like me to notice that :lol:

Cheers

100_0353.jpg

100_0351.jpg

So its a 4.3 XT-R 2.2 D4D, 4 months old, 1400 miles :lol::lol::lol::lol:

She's wonderful :yes::thumbsup: ........and SILVER :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Well done Dave! :toast:

Hope after the mirror is fixed you have a wonderful time together for years and years :wub:

But looking at your photo's, that so remind me of my own wonderful XT4, I do keep looking for the spare wheel, hanging off the back door! :lol::lol::lol:

the mirrors create a rattle between the mirror and mount where they swivel, they may have been padded out with felt to stop this causing friction. the dealer will sort it out. as priviously mentioned they use the same fuse

Apparently the mirrors can get out of sync with the motor. There is quite a complicated process for re-syncing them. I would get somebody to work the switch and listen close to see if the motor is working. It then involves pushing the mirror right forward to see if folding the mirror electrically brings it back to the "normal position" then normalising the switch and disconnecting the Battery then pushing it forward again. Re-connect the Battery, pull it back to normal and see if pressing the button now folds the mirror (if you see what I mean)!!! - folding it back in stages.

:wacko:

Apparently the mirrors can get out of sync with the motor. There is quite a complicated process for re-syncing them. I would get somebody to work the switch and listen close to see if the motor is working. It then involves pushing the mirror right forward to see if folding the mirror electrically brings it back to the "normal position" then normalising the switch and disconnecting the battery then pushing it forward again. Re-connect the battery, pull it back to normal and see if pressing the button now folds the mirror (if you see what I mean)!!! - folding it back in stages.

:wacko:

Woh........... have Toyota modelled into the new RAV an Origami type wing mirror.....Best make sure it's not made of cardboard Dave....

Remember to get a grown up to cut out any shapes you may need :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Looks nice in Silver, don't suppose you took those side steps off before you traded it in did you :)

:lol::lol: unfortunately mate I did not, though if I had thought for a minute that they would fit a 4.3 I might have :lol:

Good job, Dave.To be sincere, I couldn't imagine that you could buy any other car. Once you have a Toyota, you get stuck on them. And RAV4 isn't an exception.

Good job, Dave.To be sincere, I couldn't imagine that you could buy any other car. Once you have a Toyota, you get stuck on ithem. And RAV4 isn't an exception.

You are absolutely right Nest, there was no chance of me buying anything else. Just thought I would have a little

fun as well. Anyway welcome to TOC allways great to see another DIESEL RAVER :thumbsup:

PS, could you go onto the general forum to a thread called "What Toyota Do You Drive" and vote. The Rav is way

out in front. ;)

edit, heres the shortcut -

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=74479

Dave, I was wondering, do you find sufficent for a silent night sleep the Tyre Repair Kit?:)

First I didn't care too much. But than, thinking about the long journeys with my wife & little kid, I thik I'll buy a spare wheel. Just in case ***** happens, you know...The only problem: where the heck I'll put it?...I think I'll throw away some luggagde and put it in the trunk....

Anyway, I'm off topic.

Dave, I was wondering, do you find sufficent for a silent night sleep the Tyre Repair Kit?:)

First I didn't care too much. But than, thinking about the long journeys with my wife & little kid, I thik I'll buy a spare wheel. Just in case ***** happens, you know...The only problem: where the heck I'll put it?...I think I'll throw away some luggagde and put it in the trunk....

Anyway, I'm off topic.

Hi mate, first of all dont worry about going off topic as it allways happens here. Re the spare wheel question, I had

some thoughts about re-designing the underfloor storage area to try and get a spare wheel in. But then I thought I

should have a leap of faith and see what happens. Judging by the amount of new cars coming out now without a spare

wheel, I guess someone has worked out the math and decided that the odds of getting a puncture are worth the risk

of carrying a repair kit rather than a spare wheel. I guess I will be keeping my fingers crossed ;)

Edit, just a thought, but if its just the longer journeys you are worrying about, get a spare and attach it to your roof

bars if you have them fitted. :)

Re the spare wheel question, I had some thoughts about re-designing the underfloor storage area to try and get a spare wheel in.

I thought the same, but the space there is small for a normal spare wheel...And a space saver won't be ok, the dealer said to me that the spare must be the same size with the other wheels....Merde!

Judging by the amount of new cars coming out now without a spare

wheel, I guess someone has worked out the math and decided that the odds of getting a puncture are worth the risk

of carrying a repair kit rather than a spare wheel. I guess I will be keeping my fingers crossed ;)

Yep, they made the Vanguard with the same solution, so I guess they know something.

Edit, just a thought, but if its just the longer journeys you are worrying about, get a spare and attach it to your roof

Good point. Thanks , I will consider this. Bad thing I dont have the roof rails...Merde again!:)

Anyway, the dealer told me that they changed the tyres after 80.000km (around 50.000 miles) on their's RAV4 and never had a puncture...

Re the spare wheel question, I had some thoughts about re-designing the underfloor storage area to try and get a spare wheel in.

I thought the same, but the space there is small for a normal spare wheel...And a space saver won't be ok, the dealer said to me that the spare must be the same size with the other wheels....Merde!

Judging by the amount of new cars coming out now without a spare

Yep, they made the Vanguard with the same solution, so I guess they know something.

Good point. Thanks , I will consider this. Bad thing I dont have the roof rails...Merde again!:)

Anyway, the dealer told me that they changed the tyres after 80.000km (around 50.000 miles) on their's RAV4 and never had a puncture...

Weel ah dinna ken whit yer aw oan aboot. Ye've got enuf doors tae bolt 3 spare wheels oan !!! That way, yer 5 door RAV with a hefty dieselly oily lump will be better balanced fore and aft... :baaa:

Just had my Rav back to Mr T to have that mirror problem looked at. Need to order parts :eek: F F S its only 4 months old, whats all that about ?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links