Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

What Is The 0-60 Time Cts?

theenemywithin

dont forget acidman

Us three joint around the same time and guess what we all own CTSs :D black colours too :D

Don't you have any pictures of your car that you could bring up here? Any special mod's made to it?

Mine has the TTE front and rear-spoiler so far. Next i think there will be lowering-springs

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• T128

• Yarisboy

• knowlson

• exon16m

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

of course i have pics i taken some back in december but they are night shots so not very bright

how ever took some wicked pics of the mr2 turbo about a week ago which i have send to acidman

if you want to see my car check your pm

I had a showdown with the new corolla Tsport thingy from standing at a bridge toll straight onto a duel carriageway. I won. He was booting it. So was I.

John R

i would of said well done you have beat a car that you shouldn't of beat :D

oh and T128, if all you want to discuss is your CTS... how about you go and start a CTS forum, and let the reasonable people here talk about what they want to talk about?

Threre WAS a T-SPORT forum. YARISBOY and you know that as i have seen you posts in the T-SPORT forum (when it existed)

IT MADE a lot more sence than a "corolla" forum as the new corolla is nothing like the old ones. Also celica ts shares the engine and its nice to have a forum with them as well as new parts are marketed at the celica first and often fit both.

Right. After doing a bit more research on this topic, I feel that I must retract comments from an earlier post of mine.

It appears that a CTS may be quicker to 60 than a MKII MR2 in a straight line. This is based on information put onto paper. I think it will still need to be put to the test in real life.

Information out there is somewhat conflicting though. Some say the CTS Redlines at 10 000rpm and others say somewhere in the 8 000's. Some say it has 180 odd BHP and others 190 odd. And there is a lot of info stating figures inbetween.

But even if the car does have 190bhp and redlines at 10 000rpm I doubt it will reach 60 in the low 7's. Especially with a non-race driver behind the wheel :P

Right lets put an end to this silly little arguement! I work for Toyota so i drive all models everyday! A Corolla T Sport has got 187BHP, and the redline is at 8100 but dosnt hit the limiter until about 8500rpm! 0-60 times produced by Toyota are incorrect at 8.4secs. I have raced my mate in his Civic Type R whilst in a T Sport, we both sat on the traffic lights both holding the revs at 5000rpm and droped the clutch! Initially there wasnt anything in it until after 70 the Type R started pulling away!

And as for N/A MK2 MR2'S they havnt got a chance against the little corolla! Dont get me wrong the MR2 is quick but my AE86 RWD Corolla is as quick as one, but iam unable to stick with with the T Sport after 90mph in my corolla!

EVO Magazines Roadtest results as follows (not that you should beleive everything on paper):

Cyl/cc - 4/1796

Bhp/rpm - 189/7800

Lb ft/rpm - 133/6800

weight - 1255Kg

Bhp/ton - 153

0-60 - 8.4

0-100 - N/A

Max mph - 140

EC mpg - 34.0

EVO Rating: Solid Build, Soft Chassis, No Torque

<_< :rolleyes:

You don't half talk some utter twoddle T128, Please continue though - the hole you're in just gets deeper :)

I'd love to know where this make believe nick johnson / CTR allegiance has come from though. As far as i'm aware me and nick don't even like each other! :lol:

At the end of the day, all I said was that I don't believe you can consistently hit the low 7's in a CTS.. and it was more likely to be closer to the late 7's as an average.

Despite stating that there's alot more to driving than 0-60, and I was ultimately more interested in 30-70... T128 you still persist with trying to patronise me, why? :blink:

You act like nobody but yourself and a select few is allowed an opinion on the CTS, and as soon as NickJohnson makes clear (for you) what was clear to everyone else in his first posts... you start to slap his back with a big smile... you're more changeable than the weather.

I'd be interested to hear how you get on with your CTR Nick. Personally I'm not a huge fan of their looks but I know someone who swapped their CTS for a CTR and he's been more than happy :thumbsup:

As for the rest of the debate (yawn) - heard it all before ;)

T128 VS yarisboy round two .......ding ding :P

You don't half talk some utter twoddle T128, Please continue though - the hole you're in just gets deeper

NO yaris jelous boy you are the only one in a deep hole open your eyes

yarisboy you really have some front why you still coming back on this thread

look at the replys from other people

At the end of the day, all I said was that I don't believe you can consistently hit the low 7's in a CTS.. and it was more likely to be closer to the late 7's as an average.

why dont you just get it in your thick head you know nothing about the CTS you jelous little child

You act like nobody but yourself and a select few is allowed an opinion on the CTS

not true is not a matter of me allowed an opinion or not

these CTS owners who speaks out cos they had enough of you like meself and the CTS owner dont speak out cos they cant be bother with you

soon as NickJohnson makes clear (for you) what was clear to everyone else in his first posts... you start to slap his back with a big smile... you're more changeable than the weather.

yes i gave nick some home truth he got himself to blame and you to THANK

i never had a problem with nick in the first place he come on this thread to share his opinion on his first post which is fine and on his second post he had a pop at me WHY?

then he went off topic and i went mad :D :P :D

PS:yarisboy as Muhammad Ali will say " YOU'RE OUT SON "

now your turn System~G

have you just wake up from a comer all four pages are about the figurs toyota show and reported are wrong

why are you showing us EVO Magazines Roadtest results these aint evo own test result is toyota result

you really got to get out this thread man cos you are making FOOL out of youself

i like to let all CTS owner know i am not normaly a monster like this but something it takes a monster to kill another monster

now your turn System~G

have you just wake up from a comer all four pages are about the figurs toyota show and reported are wrong

why are you showing us EVO Magazines Roadtest results these aint evo own test result is toyota result

you really got to get out this thread man cos you are making FOOL out of youself

Hehehe :lol:

Dude, if you read my previous post you'd see that I was retracting a statement I had made. Then I stumbled accross the figures in EVO magazine and was just posting their published figures (allbeit Toyota's or who ever) as another bit of conflicting info.

Thus the little smiley's at the bottom of the post.

You, sir, are the fool :thumbsup:

Please keep it up :D

T128,

I really don’t understand what you are trying to prove as far as I am aware you are slightly annoyed that a few forum users do quite accept your personal point of view.

I for one do fully understand the Corolla is a wolf in sheep’s clothing as I am sure all other Corolla T-Sport owner are well aware of, maybe so much so in some case that it is quicker than some people bargained for.

The problem you have is trying to put your point over to others who maybe haven’t driven or ridden out in this car, and they are returning comments to your argument by picking up the latest copy of a motoring magazine. The fact is I doubt any Corolla T-Sport owner bought their car on the strength of any Road Test from a car magazine as I cant recall reading a particularly good and if they quoted Toyota GB performance figures it makes the car seem mildly warm opposed to other hot hatches in its class.

T128 if I was in your shoes I would sitting there with a smug look on my face knowing that my car is a little more capable than the majority of other forum uses think, but how you go about defending the Corolla is your business.

Please don’t jump down my throat I think I have made a fair point!

Nick :thumbsup:

fair point nick

like i said before i never had problem with you or anyone else in this thread for that matter

only yarisboy he always put down the CTS i am not the only person notice this

System~G glad you like that :) :D

you are a **** idiot t128 make no mistake - please state EXACTLY how and when I have put down the CTS you ignorant, arrogant, delusional tosspot.

You're not funny, and I doubt anyone here thinks you are - your points have no relevance and make no sense to any 'argument' you try to convey.

Before calling me 'thick' - I would urge you to take a look at the way you type, hardly the calling card of a genius. Most of the time I have to re-read what you have written in attempt to make sense of the broken english and fuzzy thinking behind your sentances.

I could quote you in a similar fashion you do to me, making out what a thicko you are - but I don't. If you're going to quote people, then at least have a substantial reason to explain why.

Also, do tell me in what way I know nothing about the corolla ts, and why i'm a jealous child.

The only CTS 'guy' speaking out here is yourself, I don't hear anyone else causing a fuss about nothing like you.

As for your systematic slating of everyone who's opinion differs to yours, how about you grow up and learn to settle your disputes in other ways than launching a barrage of insults and petty grudges.

How many more frigging times have I got to say that I like the CTS, and always have done - I wouldn't have bothered with a test drive if I didn't.

Now, please tell me exactly what your argument is.

The only fool on this thread T128, is you.

keep it clean guys theres no need to start ripping into each other

:thumbsup:

no sod that rob, all this joker does is take the ***** - he doesn't even have valid reason to do so.

He can't justifty any of his points.

Nothing I have said has deserved the reception I have recieved here, the other CTS guys are no problem. T128 however is bang out of order.

Just to add, get over yourself T128, 'jealousy' doesn't even play a factor in this one.

I could go and get a CTS next week if I wanted to.

someone close this thread now please, it's just pathetic.

can't wait to see what he quotes next :rollseyes:

Sam, im all for a hearty debate and ppl on this thread obviously have very strong and different opinions of the CTS 0-60 (if were still on that now!)

But im afraid if personal insults are to be thrown about, and thats going for eveyone, not just individuals, then action may be taken to stop this thread!

Perhaps its time to call it a day and respect each others opinions regardless of what that may be.

:thumbsup:

after reading the above

my concludion is i think i hit a nerve :D :lol:

Before calling me 'thick' - I would urge you to take a look at the way you type, hardly the calling card of a genius. .

i dont think i really call anyone thick however i did use thick in a figure of speech

Most of the time I have to re-read what you have written in attempt to make sense of the broken english and fuzzy thinking behind your sentances

if is this painful for you why reply?

far as i care the less i see you on a CTS post the better it is for me and everyone else

As for your systematic slating of everyone who's opinion differs to yours, how about you grow up and learn to settle your disputes in other ways than launching a barrage of insults and petty grudges.

after reading your latest outburst think you need to sort yourself out first :thumbsup:

The only fool on this thread T128, is you.

do you really believe that :)

there's no opinion to respect rob.

If T128 is getting this upset about me saying I doubt a consistent 7.2, 0-60 in a CTS... then good luck to him.

I'm still waiting for you to prove or justify any one single point by the way.

Although there's little chance of that happening within the next 10 years, so i'm calling it a day.

Perhaps when I get my CTS you'll change your mind again, and start slapping my back as you do with everyone else.

this thread went off track several pages ago, I think it would be best to close it.

i will call it a day too :)

i dont think this thread should be close at all some really good information here regarding the CTS 0-60 :thumbsup:

Aaaaawwww and it was only just starting to get interesting... :rolleyes:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links