Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Cross - delivery, etc .......

Toyota_FanBoy

7 hours ago, anchorman said:

Who was it that said all stock in the country had to be registered 2022?

You might be remembering that I'd posted this:

My salesperson had told me that Toyota had mandated that all cars delivered to dealerships in December had to be registered in the same month. Don't know if that's just an end-of-year thing

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SinglePointSafety said:

You might be remembering that I'd posted this:

My salesperson had told me that Toyota had mandated that all cars delivered to dealerships in December had to be registered in the same month. Don't know if that's just an end-of-year thing

Aye, there’s strong evidence of it.  

6 hours ago, Bob66 said:

You been at the Horlicks again?  🙂

Aye, need some to take my mind off things 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Nothing wrong with some Horlicks on a cold day! (And I mean the drink and not what my friend, who had somehow gone through life without coming across horlicks ever, thought I meant... :unsure:)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Cyker said:

Nothing wrong with some Horlicks on a cold day! (And I mean the drink and not what my friend, who had somehow gone through life without coming across horlicks ever, thought I meant... :unsure:)

He's seen I posted in the middle of the night!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I really enjoy a large single malt whisky mixed with a strong concentrate of Horlicks.  When it comes to my turn for paying for the round, I’m usually fast asleep by that time. I’m so good at it, the staff at my local refer to me as Rip Van Winkle. 👀

• Haha 1

It’s been a difficult couple of years for everyone and this might be an appropriate time and place for all the contributors on the forum to give some funny stories or comments before the year end.  Frostyballs seems like a very nice chap and I’m sure on this occasion we can all waver off track for a short time.

• Haha 3

Well some good news on my Yaris X, first an email from Toyota following on from my last email to them to confirm car is now in U.K. and on it’s way to Derby. This was confirmed by my dealer who called me at 9am this morning to say car was in Derby and they have an ETA of 9 January. 

My wife is enjoying her Yaris Hybrid, now getting used to it, mpg of 59mpg, over 200 miles done in last 2 weeks and till more than half a tank of petrol left, in here previous care would have been less than a quarter of tank by now. Hope I can get similar figures in mine. 

• Like 3

Very early days with my new Yaris X, getting ~60 mpg so far, it's amusing looking at my 'hybrid score' in the MyT app and contrasting with the mechanic's test-drive after the PDI (they must have a diver's boot on right foot). And - as mandated by the Law Of The PDI - all tyres way over-inflated, probably not altered from the transit setting. They did a neat job on the dash cam install, they were very happy to hard-wire my supplied Nextbase cam, with me supplying the hardwire kit, FoC

SWMBO had a drive this morning.... loved the simple way of turning on the heated steering wheel, and...and... proper dials for the climate control, easy to find and use! Lots of standing water this morning and 'mini-floods', so as a precaution, put the car in EV mode going through one which was ~20 cm depth

12V socket in boot was put to use for our fridge, easy to remove load cover (nice design IMHO), will be setting up the infotainment system later on today (starting with the clock - that setup escaped the PDI) and linking to our phones. Looks pretty straightforward according to the manual I downloaded

• Like 2

Does anyone have a copy of the PDI checklist for the Yaris Cross (preferably AWDi) which they would be willing to share so I can look at it before we pick ours up, probably w/c 09/01/23?

• Like 1

On 12/31/2022 at 4:47 PM, Roger_N said:

I've just seen this in an online deal, I don't normally post in the Yaris forum but it may be of interest to some, I don't know if it is a good price.

https://www.nationwide-cars.co.uk/cars/toyota/yaris-cross/15-hybrid-icon-5dr-cvt-97710/

When my local dealers ( which I class as all dealers within a 50miles radius of my home ) appeared to be running a cartel, I had no option but to go down the broker route. I'll always prefer to buy local but there are limits.

For the car you mention, you should be able to get it for £22460 cash price, then take advantage of £1750 PCP offer which reduces the price to £20710 and if you don't want to continue the PCP arrangement, pay it off next day.

Bottom line is some people don't shop around or have any idea what their car is really worth. Of course many others don't care because all they're interested in is the fixed monthly payment.

As long as folk are happy with whatever deal they agreed then that all that really matters. But it's those used prices that really get me. The dealers know exactly what the car is worth and are looking / hoping / praying for that 'mug' to walk thru their door. Even if they sell below the asking price, the profits in those cars must be incredible.

As an example, the cheapest used ICON on autotrader right now is a blue March 22reg with 10,000 miles on the clock. The dealer is asking £24700 for it. Or you could have a brand new march '23 reg with del miles for £20710 + metallic paint ( perhaps cheaper ).

By the way, Jemca have a 72plate 2022 car for sale with just 325 miles on the clock for £27,999.  That's £7200 MORE than a brand new one!!!  They'll knock £1000 off the asking price and some silly sod will think they've talked the salesman down and bagged themselves a bargain.

• Like 1

As always, it doesn’t matter what the price is, It’s all down to the bottom line payment, taking into consideration trade in prices, if applicable, discounts and interest rates.  

Would a generous member ...talk me through the secret vehicle status menu...I'm using Firefox.  Thanks so much.

On 12/30/2022 at 10:32 PM, anchorman said:

The 2023 brochure has appeared.  I see the limited slip diff does carry over;

https://www.toyota.co.uk/content/dam/toyota/nmsc/united-kingdom/brochure-downloads/yaris-cross-suv.pdf

Don why would they remove it?

My Cross AWD , Excel, silver with pan roof and city pack....ordered 23.10.2022....is intransit...

12 hours ago, RonYarisX said:

They'll knock £1000 off the asking price

They could knock even more off the asking price to make it look really good and still make money on the PCP commission and other extras. I am quite surprised at the price they are  asking for a 22reg Excel. 

13 hours ago, RonYarisX said:

As an example, the cheapest used ICON on autotrader right now is a blue March 22reg with 10,000 miles on the clock. The dealer is asking £24700 for it. Or you could have a brand new march '23 reg with del miles for £20710 + metallic paint ( perhaps cheaper ).

The best price I seen have been from carwow, that price is cheaper from where?

Screenshot_2023-01-02-10-13-50-300_com.android.chrome.jpg

A good starting point for any negotiation on a new car is looking at broker prices eg Drive The Deal - they may not be the cheapest, best to look at as many broker sites as possible

Tactic I usually use is to see if a local dealer will match the broker price or at least get close to it (always worked so far). Also makes the used prices being touted even more mind-bending - and I'd love to see the maths on the PCP on these used vehicles compared to new, so if anyone has some example comparisons, please post

14 hours ago, Bob66 said:

Don why would they remove it?

My Cross AWD , Excel, silver with pan roof and city pack....ordered 23.10.2022....is intransit...

It didn’t appear in the last brochure so some sceptics suggested it had been removed.  In fact it’s only a belville washer that puts thrust on the planet wheels and it would be more difficult to leave it out than in.  Somebody adding the spec just missed it possibly.  

• Thanks 1

My car is now at the hub in Derbyshire, also spoke to the dealer who thought I should have it with a couple of weeks. Nearly there now 😁

Collected this morning.  Short term review soon..........

image.thumb.jpeg.c0c00b23c0c8c92bc447205d43871cbc.jpeg

IMG_4570.JPG

IMG_4569.JPG

IMG_4574.JPG

• Like 4

Lucky you, looking forward to seeing the review. I'm still waiting for mime, 11 months!

• Like 1

At the risk of appearing dense, what is the third, "mystery angle" picture actually of?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links