Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Cross - delivery, etc .......

Toyota_FanBoy

I've heard of that - My Mk2 supposedly would only charge the 12v Battery if it got below a certain SoC or under braking, to lower the alternator load on the engine. This is probably why the stop-start mechanism never worked unless I had the AC on, because my driving style involves very little braking :laugh: 

• Haha 1

I think Tony or someone has a car over 10 years old on original 12v Battery. Mine is 6.5 years and no problem whatsoever. As said, regular driving is key. 

• Like 2

Oh no...!   There seems to be a change to UK spec in the last week or so which potentially affects orders like mine 😢  They've deleted the sunroof option and increased prices.

I ordered a Yaris X GR + safety + sunroof at a list price of £29950.

Today a GR + safety costs £30110 list without the sunroof.

From memory I think the sunroof was £300 so that's represents just over a £400 increase on list.

Can anyone confirm?

Edit: Which would obviously wipe out Toyota finance's recently increased PCP contribution ( from £1400 to the current £1750 ).

Wonder if I should expect a call from my dealer in the not too distant future?

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, MCatPG said:

I asked about maintaining SOC because I am used to that being a critical issue on our boat and I am still learning about Lithium chemistry batteries in cars.

I don't think I know better. I am here to learn.

I do not love drama. Drama is the very last thing I want in any of my activities, some of which require a cool head if they are to be carried out safely.

And I have not "vented at the brand". 

If the forum etiquette is that new members must not ask questions in case long-standing members think they are silly then the forum is less valuable than I thought it was.

@FROSTYBALLS My question about battery maintenance and SOC during the period between a car leaving the factory and arriving at the dealer is relevant to delivery.

The only thing you are guilty of is thinking that your batteries will get some sort of special care during the interim - they won’t.    Everything I cited is related to other posts in this thread and they plant seeds in unsuspecting otherwise nonethewiser potential owners. Oh and it’s not a boat, stop worrying about it 😉

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, RonYarisX said:

Oh no...!   There seems to be a change to UK spec in the last week or so which potentially affects orders like mine 😢  They've deleted the sunroof option and increased prices.

From memory I think the sunroof was £300 so that's represents just over a £400 increase on list.

Can anyone confirm?

Edit: Which would obviously wipe out Toyota finance's recently increased PCP contribution ( from £1400 to the current £1750 ).

It might not apply to existing orders.  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Wetherfell said:

I'm finding this discussion very interesting. I've had a Fiesta for the last 4+ years from new so do a lot of lurking on the relevant forums, where the battery SOC topic comes up with great regularity.

The issue seems to be that, for reasons of emissions, the car's "smart" charging system only charges beyond 80% SOC under certain driving "mixes" and doing a lot of miles is not necessarily the answer - I've driven hundreds of miles in a day and still had a battery alert next morning, as have many others.

Until this car, never experienced battery issues with a new-ish car, generally got 8 or more years out of them.

Looking seriously at Toyota (probably Corolla) for my next car, so learning as much as I can at present. I had got the impression that the traction batteries were not an issue, which indeed seems to be the case, but interested to see if there were problems on the 12v side.

Incidentally many Ford forum users have acquired a "smart" home charger (Noco, C-tek and Maypole being popular) and have found that a regular "top up" seems to keep problems at bay. It's certainly worked for me.

Nothing wrong with the odd ctek trickle under special circumstances and don’t read too much into these ramblings, a corolla is probably the most dependable car in its class ever.  

• Like 3

6 hours ago, RonYarisX said:

Can anyone confirm?

Ron you have ordered same as me. Price increase will not affect existing orders. Only new orders. 

2 hours ago, anchorman said:

It might not apply to existing orders.  

If production on said vehicles hasn't started then there's a fair chance the sunroof has already gone.

Think of it as no different to people believing they'll receive a '22 spec model then pleasently surprised when a '23 turns up. Pandemics and wars aside, in my experience it's unusual for a manufacturer to lower the available spec - chances are there's a supply issue.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, raymondolee said:

Ron you have ordered same as me. Price increase will not affect existing orders. Only new orders. 

Hopefully but, and here's where it gets a tad complicated, as we can see by the prices being asked for used cars, the dealer shouldn't have an issue holding a gun to the person who's ordered the car.

From what I found out when looking at the Yaris X is many dealers are operating as if they're in some sort of cartel - it's amazing how their deals hardly vary. The above are 'list' prices, not discounted prices so if a dealer did say my car is now more expensive then what have they to loose? I'm guessing they could easily sell it to another customer for more than I'm paying.

Can only wait and see.

1 hour ago, RonYarisX said:

in my experience it's unusual for a manufacturer to lower the available spec

Not now - Volvo, Stellantis and Renault have all done this in varying ways (e.g. Renault removing curtain airbags on the Zoe). Earlier this year Ford limited orders for the Fiesta and Focus to factory specs (ie. no options).

An interesting development was highlighted in the following topic this week  -

• Like 1

My car has gone into the building stage over the weekend.

Excel ... silver...pano roof...city and suv packs.

I placed my order on 23.10.2022.

• Like 2

On 12/17/2022 at 11:51 PM, FROSTYBALLS said:

Not now - Volvo, Stellantis and Renault have all done this in varying ways (e.g. Renault removing curtain airbags on the Zoe). Earlier this year Ford limited orders for the Fiesta and Focus to factory specs (ie. no options).

And Lexus.  I sent mine back because it came without spec that was listed in the brochure and they never told me. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Bob66 said:

My car has gone into the building stage over the weekend.

Excel ... silver...pano roof...city and suv packs.

I placed my order on 23.10.2022.

Nice one.  Mines come forward.  Originally 9th Jan, is predicted 28th now.  

• Like 3

My car is finally in the country. Looking good for early new year pickup 😃

• Like 4

On 12/17/2022 at 11:51 PM, FROSTYBALLS said:

Interesting indeed. And if I'm not mistaken, illegal - well under UK law anyway.

I've just replied in another thread where someone was looking to cancel his new car order. Bottom line is when we order our cars, we sign contracts. If I'm not mistaken, the suggestion is that Stellantis are saying the customer contract between the buyer and seller isn't worth the paper it's written on.

Perhaps Stellantis should consult a successful businessman like Elon Musk about ignoring contracts they've already entered. Then again given his debacle purchase of Twitter, perhaps not.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, RonYarisX said:

Perrhaps Stellantis should consult a successful businessman like Elon Musk about ignoring contracts they've already entered. 

The contract is between the dealer and the customer, not the manufacturer (Stellantis).

• Like 1

4 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

The contract is between the dealer and the customer, not the manufacturer (Stellantis).

Who mentioned anything about the contract being between the manufacturer and the customer?

If you ( customer ) sign a contract with the dealership ( seller ) then no matter what the manufacturer says, the seller can't then hold a gun to the cutomer's head and demand extra payment. Effectively Stellantis want their dealers turning to extortion. ( according to the article. I bet Stellantis hold a different view ).

If like me the customer happens to be covered by the distance selling act or whatever they call it now, then it's perhaps not the greatest decision to register a brand new car in my name when I could, without penalty, walk away from that contract. Effectively they'd be left with a 2nd hand car which wouldn't qualify for Toyota finance's £1750 additional contribution. That would make it considerably more difficult for the dealer to move on without taking a financial hit.  I can certainly see why dealers are upset.

By the way, on a previous post your quoted Fiesta and Focus as examples of downgrading. That's because Ford are ceasing production of both cars. 

2 hours ago, RonYarisX said:

By the way, on a previous post your quoted Fiesta and Focus as examples of downgrading. That's because Ford are ceasing production of both cars. 

No, Ford made the decision to limit orders months before they said they were ceasing production of these two cars.

Back to the subject of 'Yaris Cross - delivery,etc' please.

My Excel awd....in silver....pano roof....city and suv packs...has left the factory.

I ordered it on 23.10.2022.

• Like 4

Finally picked up my shiny new Yaris Cross today.  Completed the handover within the nice and cosy showroom whilst it was absolutely pouring of rain outside.  Driving home was quite eventful as a blissfully unaware driver decided to change lanes on the motorway and nearly side ended me.  I don’t think there was any malice or aggressiveness in the manoeuvre and the poor visibility might have been a contributory factor.   However, I did notice that the other persons car windows were heavily misted and must have made the situation worse.  Anyway, got home in horrendous driving conditions and only managed to fine tune the radio stations and pair my i-phone, which was very easy to do.  My wife is looking forward to driving the car for the first time tomorrow and getting acquainted with the new controls.

First impressions of the car are excellent and I would like to give an informative but not too technical update in the near future.

Cheers

• Like 9

A little off-topic, but yesterday I received two different emails from Toyota thanking me for ordering the all new Lexus RX. I can only assume this is a free gift from Toyota and I look forward to receiving it.

• Haha 5

49 minutes ago, IT Troll said:

A little off-topic, but yesterday I received two different emails from Toyota thanking me for ordering the all new Lexus RX. I can only assume this is a free gift from Toyota and I look forward to receiving it.

I’d really like one of those but I’d never get my mrs to drive it these days.  However, if you find yourself with two I’ll make you a decent offer 😉😂

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, anchorman said:

However, if you find yourself with two I’ll make you a decent offer

Dang! Turns out I'm not getting a free Lexus. Merry Christmas Toyota.

Lexusless.thumb.png.2c97f7c1914aa9b689bba5d3ea165425.png

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links