Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Cross - delivery, etc .......

Toyota_FanBoy

Tell them you won the car on a special lexus raffle and they need to honour the prize 🙂

• Haha 2

51 minutes ago, IT Troll said:

Dang! Turns out I'm not getting a free Lexus. Merry Christmas Toyota.

Lexusless.thumb.png.2c97f7c1914aa9b689bba5d3ea165425.png

Blimey, I’d picked the colour and everything.  Oh well, white Yaris Cross then 🙄

• Haha 4

Will be collecting new Yaris Cross next week, dropped into dealer yesterday with some paperwork and had a chat with one of the sales staff (slow day, she was happy to chat)

She is aware of, and understood, the Stellantis issue and agreed that she'd never, ever contemplate handing over a single penny for a car not actually at the dealership. No (known) plans for Toyota to emulate

She told me that some orders are delayed, some are coming through quicker than forecast, depending on spec, but she said it varied across model range as to what features slowed down availability, and thus why some options are no longer offered. My YX was forecast for delivery in December and that turned out to be accurate - ordered in August

She added that Toyota monitor cancellations (dealers are currently not allowed to order 'for stock') and if cancellations rise above a certain rate, Toyota UK start to investigate/penalise, so although the dealer is quite happy to accept a cancellation without penalty (why wouldn't you be with the demand?) they ask that customers who cancel sign a form to verify that the cancellation is genuine

She was evidently 'surprised' at some of the used and 'new-cancelled order' prices shown on the official Toyota website (she admitted she'd looked) but didn't want to comment further.....

Evidently the Yaris GR Sport is extremely popular

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SinglePointSafety said:

Evidently the Yaris GR Sport is extremely popular

Sat in a GR Sport in a showroom today. I know it's all subjective but the upholstery alone places the trim miles ahead of others. I know I'm probably going to offend by saying that in my opinion, the perceived built quality of the Yaris Cross is of a sub £20k car - some ( well most ) of the plastics appear to be cheap and nasty. Of course they're not, but it all seems to be very basic. The GR is the same car but at least the seat material adds a tad of much needed quality.

I know this is very minor in the grand scheme of things but one thing I will say about the car I saw today - the GR has the boot protection pack as standard and I honestly can't think of a single good thing to say about it. It looks cheap and nasty, feels cheap and nasty and not only appears to have been a mad after-thought, I don't think it fits. The dealership couldn't fit it properly so not being one to be defeated, I ended up removing everything from the boot, making sure the rubber on the back seats were fitted correctly, made sure the adjustable floor was fitted perfectly ( another stupid ( cheap? ) piece of design ) and then laid the rubber floor mat. Now it all fitted neatly. That is until you move the adjustable floor to it's lowest position - and this is where the lack of design comes in to play. There's a metal support that protrudes on the floor which looks like pivot point for folding seatback. Thing is the floor mat doesn't have a slit to accommodate the support so lies on it when the floor is in the lowest position. Place anything heavy on the mat and given it's flimsy construction, I bet it rips.

I couldn't believe how poorly designed Toyota's mat was so had a look on the internet when I got home

boot-liner-for-toyota-yaris-cross-hybrid If you look at this 3rd party solution, you can clearly see they have a slit on the top edge of their mat to accommodate that metal bracket. Such a poor effort from Toyota - this on a £30k car!  The generic rubber mats from Home Bargains or B&M stores look better quality.

• Sad 1

Yaris Cross AWDi. Ordered 13 August, left factory 15 November, this evening we got the phone call to say it's arrived at the dealer.

We chose no electronic options, not even dash and rear cameras, so this may have helped get it through quicker. Paid-for options are shiny paint, "Adventure Pack" & "Essential Protection Pack".  Options included free of charge by dealer (we explicitly said we didn't need them) are Asset Protection (saves buying gap insurance I suppose), Minor Dent Protection, Tyre & Alloy Cover, and Gen-3 Glasscoat. I am interested in seeing how the Glasscoat performs because  it costs about £3,000 for our boat to be polished (theoretically every year but we spin it out to 3) and ceramic coatings are now available for GRP (fibreglass).

I remember in the 1960s and 1970s family members having to wait 6 months for rubbish from British Leyland and Ford so less than 5 months is pretty good I think, and there is no doubt this car will be a bit of an improvement from the first one I had, a Ford Popular 100E on cross-ply tyres. The thing would barely go round corners (or up hills for that matter), and I'm very glad I was never in a bad accident inside it.

But if I was the CFO of Toyota I'd be trying to find a way to reduce the time between building cars and collecting the cash. There must be hundreds of millions of Pounds/Euros tied up in new vehicles making their way at a snail's pace by a convoluted route from factory to customer, and money isn't free any more.

We can't collect until the dealer re-opens after New Year so I asked for it to be registered in 2023. If you don't ask you don't get. Except, of course, I didn't get. The salesman says it makes no difference nowadays. :confused1:

Saw the GR Sport in the showroom when I picked up my new Yaris Cross Design on Wednesday.  I thought it looked fantastic in pearlescent white with the black coloured roof and the honeycombed grill.  However, the interior looked really dark, gloomy, uninviting and dare I say, cheap looking.  Following on from the boot mat comments from ROm, I managed to transfer a quality rubber mat from my Skoda Kamiq trade in which fits The Cross boot extremely well.

It’s just an observation and my own personal opinion that the modern so called hatchback/SUV sport models are just sheep in wolves clothing.  They are nothing like the real hot hatches of the 80s such as the VW Golf, Ford Fiesta and Peugeot 208 Go faster models.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MCatPG said:

We can't collect until the dealer re-opens after New Year so I asked for it to be registered in 2023. If you don't ask you don't get. Except, of course, I didn't get. The salesman says it makes no difference nowadays. 

I've said elsewhere that my dealership has told me that Toyota have decreed that all cars arriving at dealerships in December have to be registered in December. Who knows - this might even be true....

Just joined the club, I ordered a Yaris Cross with City Pack back in June, delivery date estimated as being early December, everything seemed on track for that. Beginning of November told that build had finished ahead of schedule and was ready to be transported to U.K. On 24 November dealer informed me that car was on. “Boat” heading for U.K. with ETA to dealer of 7 December, a week later that had slipped to 14 December. Meanwhile my wife’s Yaris Hybrid was also due for delivery on 14 December, so it looked like we would pick cars same day, nice marketing opportunity for dealership. The 14 December came, my wife’s Yaris appeared, but no Yaris Cross, dealer checked system, it had disappeared no car, no ETA date, they contacted Toyota to be told the car was OK just a system glitch. 

A few days later my wife picked up car, the dealer told me that Toyota advised it was on its way, that evening I has an email stating it won’t be long now before I would be driving my new Yaris Cross. That excitement disappeared this week after dealer said mo car was arriving and they didn’t know where it was or when it would come. So I decided to contact Toyota direct yesterday, today had a response telling me my car was still in Zeebrugge, so everything that had been said to dealership in previous weeks had been a total fabrication. As for the email they are automated and they have no control over them.

I am wondering did I make a mistake in abandoning my 20+ years Renault loyalty as I have absolutely no idea when I will get my car and if they tell me a date can I believe it? 

Blimey Martin, that's....tough. UK motor trade once more living up to its appalling reputation? I assume the car doesn't appear on your Toyota account nor on the MyT app if you try and track its location?

Delays are happening for genuine reasons (need to read forum thread to find out). You have made no mistake, Toyota is far superior to Renault. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, SinglePointSafety said:

Blimey Martin, that's....tough. UK motor trade once more living up to its appalling reputation? I assume the car doesn't appear on your Toyota account nor on the MyT app if you try and track its location?

On the MyT app it says Zeebrugge, but when I asked Toyota a week ago after I received email, I was told App not always accurate on location of vehicle in transit,, seems that was another lie to placate a customer. 

When I was looking at replacing my Captur, I visited a number of dealers, in the end it was down to a choice between Yaris Cross and Honda Crossstar, coincidentally I ran into one of our neighbours who had just signed up for his Crosstar. I ordered the Yaris Cross the same day, he got his Crosstar in October, the date quoted to him by Honda at time of purchase, I’m still waiting.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MartinSG said:

On the MyT app it says Zeebrugge, but when I asked Toyota a week ago after I received email, I was told App not always accurate on location of vehicle in transit,, seems that was another lie to placate a customer. 

When I was looking at replacing my Captur, I visited a number of dealers, in the end it was down to a choice between Yaris Cross and Honda Crossstar, coincidentally I ran into one of our neighbours who had just signed up for his Crosstar. I ordered the Yaris Cross the same day, he got his Crosstar in October, the date quoted to him by Honda at time of purchase, I’m still waiting.

Martin.....don't be silly why would they "fabricate" or "lie".....it's not in their interests...maybe they are trying their best in difficult circumstances.

Go back to Renault...happy Christmas.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Just checked MyT App, this morning it says it’s in Grimsby, wonder if my strongly worded email had the desired effect. 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, MartinSG said:

On the MyT app it says Zeebrugge, but when I asked Toyota a week ago after I received email, I was told App not always accurate on location of vehicle in transit

That's probably correct - I noticed discrepancies (on vehicle location) between the MyT app and the website account. As a general rule, the app seemed to lag slightly - showed the car was still in Grimsby, website said it was in Derby, next day both agreed

As Bob66 says/implies, there are many possible reasons for these delays, such as shortage of transport from port to Derby, Derby to dealership, and it is indeed in Toyota's interest to get the car to you ASAP for obvious cashflow reasons

But.....remember.....

If it's at all in their interest, people in the UK motor trade will of course lie to you: it's the culture. Just have that at the back of your mind in any dialogue, and thus adjust your expectations accordingly. And before anyone piles in and tells me I'm being nasty and cynical, colleague has a son who works in a midlands dealership, so I occasionally get told the 'interesting stories from the front line'

• Like 2

I think the haulage industry has still been struggling to train and recruit drivers; The fact that Stellantis was telling their dealers to go collect cars from the ports themselves suggests there is still quite a backlog...

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Bob66 said:

Go back to Renault...happy Christmas.

Waiting for your three ghosts, Bob? Tonight’s the night. 

• Like 3

On 12/24/2022 at 8:39 PM, Baytree said:

Waiting for your three ghosts, Bob? Tonight’s the night. 

Get at ya work Cratchet !  🙂

On 12/24/2022 at 10:15 AM, SinglePointSafety said:

That's probably correct - I noticed discrepancies (on vehicle location) between the MyT app and the website account. As a general rule, the app seemed to lag slightly - showed the car was still in Grimsby, website said it was in Derby, next day both agreed

As Bob66 says/implies, there are many possible reasons for these delays, such as shortage of transport from port to Derby, Derby to dealership, and it is indeed in Toyota's interest to get the car to you ASAP for obvious cashflow reasons

But.....remember.....

If it's at all in their interest, people in the UK motor trade will of course lie to you: it's the culture. Just have that at the back of your mind in any dialogue, and thus adjust your expectations accordingly. And before anyone piles in and tells me I'm being nasty and cynical, colleague has a son who works in a midlands dealership, so I occasionally get told the 'interesting stories from the front line'

I agree with most of what you said....but why would they lie about delivery times...everyone and his donkey knows there's worldwide transport / parts delays.

The dealer I'm buying from, always warns me of problems and delays....and delivery times are given as an estimate.

My dealer used to send an email every 2-3 weeks, along the lines of "it's still due in December". The car arrived at the dealership in.... December. I was.... surprised (but pleased)

• Like 1

I looked at the GR Sport Yaris Cross and wasn't that impressed. Lower spec overall vs. Excel. I wasn't that keen on the interior, either. I'm sure our Cross is a different color inside (still dark, but different somehow). Maybe it was the lack of accent illumination? I think the vehicle was still in shipping mode.

If you want to talk cheap expensive interior, the bZ4X wasn't great. The whole design just felt wrong. Hard to think that thing costs 50k!!! Not impressed at all. I'm sure technically it is excellent, but still hard to justify the price.

• Like 2

Who was it that said all stock in the country had to be registered 2022?

1 hour ago, anchorman said:

Tesla CEO or was that a rhetorical question? 

2 hours ago, anchorman said:

You been at the Horlicks again?  🙂

11 hours ago, YarisHybrid2016 said:

I looked at the GR Sport Yaris Cross and wasn't that impressed. Lower spec overall vs. Excel. I wasn't that keen on the interior, either. I'm sure our Cross is a different color inside (still dark, but different somehow). Maybe it was the lack of accent illumination? I think the vehicle was still in shipping mode.

If you want to talk cheap expensive interior, the bZ4X wasn't great. The whole design just felt wrong. Hard to think that thing costs 50k!!! Not impressed at all. I'm sure technically it is excellent, but still hard to justify the price.

I agree with most of what you are saying....but did like the seat coverings in th GR.

My Dealer rang this morning to tell me my Cross Excel will be delivered mid-Feb 2023 c. 3 weeks earlier than originally forecast.

He also gave me an 8 numbered code associated with my Order.

Order on MyT remains in the Processing Stage & assume will move to Build early January.

Really Chuffed.

Tel

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links