Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Global Recall Notice

DíarmuidIRL

3 phase will give you potentially access to a lot more energy and maybe a charger up to 22kW. Your meter will tell you what you have and probably a single main fuse will be single phase.

2 minutes ago, lightboxcar said:

Thank you.

So we have an EV charger in out garage at home, pretty sure it is not 3 phase

does 3 phase work faster any way ?

The maximum for a single phase supply is 7.4kW. The maximum for a three phase supply is around 3x that so 22kW which would charge a suitably equipped vehicle 3x faster - but you'd need a 22kW charger in the vehicle.

37 minutes ago, philip42h said:

The maximum for a single phase supply is 7.4kW. The maximum for a three phase supply is around 3x that so 22kW which would charge a suitably equipped vehicle 3x faster - but you'd need a 22kW charger in the vehicle.

thank you, and thank you Philip too.

Phoned the electric company, they said we have single phase, and they won't / can't give us 3 phase

Seems the BZ4X ( if it ever arrives ) is only 7Kw anyway.

But we have ordered a RAV4 PHEV also, it might have more Kw , not sure

On 10/3/2022 at 2:54 PM, philip42h said:

I appreciate that we are not quite into pantomime season yet but "oh no it won't" ... 🙂

An 11kW charger driven off a standard 230v main would require around 48A and we are simply not going to be able to get that without a three-phase supply which will NOT be standard. We'll be lucky to get 7.4kW chargers for all within 5-10 years.

Yes, you are right. Most residential properties in the UK operate on a single-phase supply. I meant public areas and commercial facilities. 

I am not an expert but I don't think technically you can get more than 7 kwh with single-phase supply.

I think, we will see the benefit of 11 kwh charging not now but 5 years later when EVs are more common and there is enough potential competition in the market. So it is good having this as standart 😊

Just got this message from USA forum, veey good news. I hope more people can confirm this in the following days:

Screenshot_20221003_155621.thumb.jpg.709ba1c6554fb53e275aee42ba28a8f9.jpg

found this helpful information from https://pod-point.com/guides/vehicles/toyota/2022/bz4x

charging times for BZ4X

The website does not seem to say how long 20% to 80% takes on a 7Kw charger

and neither does Toyota.co.uk say this.  But if using above maths by Philip, then maybe it is 7 hours for 20% to 80% on a 7Kw charger ??? Seems quite long time

Empty to full

3-pin plug Home 31 h 8 m/h
3.6kW Home / Work 20 h 13 m/h
7kW Home / Work / Public Locations 10 h 25 m/h
22kW Work / Public Locations 7 h 39 m/h
20%-80%      
50kW Public Locations 60 min 90 m/30 min
150kW Public Locations 20 min 269 m/30 min
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, bZ4X said:

Just got this message from USA forum, veey good news. I hope more people can confirm this in the following days:

Screenshot_20221003_155621.thumb.jpg.709ba1c6554fb53e275aee42ba28a8f9.jpg

Thanks for the update !

That is a very specific date.  Finland cars will be made in Japan ??

With all the production stoppages, shipping times etc. seems strange they can nail it down to a single day

8 minutes ago, lightboxcar said:

Thanks for the update !

That is a very specific date.  Finland cars will be made in Japan ??

With all the production stoppages, shipping times etc. seems strange they can nail it down to a single day

Unless it’s already in Finland. I don’t think any cars that hasn’t been built will be delivered 2022. Shipping takes 10 weeks to Finland. 

21 minutes ago, lightboxcar said:

found this helpful information from https://pod-point.com/guides/vehicles/toyota/2022/bz4x

charging times for BZ4X

The website does not seem to say how long 20% to 80% takes on a 7Kw charger

and neither does Toyota.co.uk say this.  But if using above maths by Philip, then maybe it is 7 hours for 20% to 80% on a 7Kw charger ??? Seems quite long time

Empty to full

3-pin plug Home 31 h 8 m/h
3.6kW Home / Work 20 h 13 m/h
7kW Home / Work / Public Locations 10 h 25 m/h
22kW Work / Public Locations 7 h 39 m/h
20%-80%      
50kW Public Locations 60 min 90 m/30 min
150kW Public Locations 20 min 269 m/30 min

A 7.4kW AC charger can deliver 7.4kW from the 230v mains! 🙂 The bZ4X has a 71.4kWh Battery. So, simple arithmetic suggests that it will take about 10 hours to fill the Battery from empty. And that, indeed, is what Toyota state. In reality it might take a little longer because of the non-linear way in which batteries accept charge but either way an owner should be able to comfortably recharge the car overnight. So far so good ...

The key factor is that the bZ4X can accept charge at 150kW from a suitable DC charger and so, in theory, could be recharged in half an hour. In practice, it would take rather longer but you should be able to get a very decent charge and renewed range from a 20-30 minute stop. Which makes the bZ4X viable as an EV provided that there are sufficient "150kW" public chargers out there along your proposed route.

Attempting to recharge from an AC charger en route is pretty much a non-starter - something to do in an emergency only.

(20% to 80% - i.e. a 60% charge - should take around 6 hours from a 7.4kW AC charger)

• Thanks 2

I think that the 150kW chargers are limited to provide an 80% charge to the Battery. It’s design in to provide a safety margin for the Battery, reliability and longevity. On the move the Battery can quickly be charged to the 80% mark then driven off. The tapper required to get to near the 100% would take a long time.

• Like 1

Limitations to charging at home is your incoming DNO single phase supply, typically 60-100amp in the incoming line, there are ways and means of installing 11kw supplies with a change over device

For most, it's a non issue as 240v with give your car a full charge overnight @7kw

20 minutes ago, flash22 said:

Limitations to charging at home is your incoming DNO single phase supply, typically 60-100amp in the incoming line, there are ways and means of installing 11kw supplies with a change over device

For most, it's a non issue as 240v with give your car a full charge overnight @7kw

Can you please explain what DNO means so we can check if we have one ? thank you

• Like 1

The maximum current they'll put in is 32A, assuming your incoming cable has capacity for that, which is why the most you can get from single-phase is 7kW.

At the normal 13 amps you'd only get about 3kW.

I do wonder if it'd be allowed to put in 2x32A and combine them like we used to do with USB back in the day? :laugh: 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, duncerduncs said:

Rather randomly, AutoExpress have dropped a bZ4X full review on their website!

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/depth-reviews/358947/toyota-bz4x-review

Seems strange considering you can't even buy one at the moment!

Very well detailed review but how they could test it during recall? 

12 minutes ago, bZ4X said:

how they could test it during recall

Maybe they had the review vehicle pre recall but held the review back? Maybe another sign the recall is almost over.

We should award a prize to the first person who gets an actual confirmed date in the UK

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Malop said:

Maybe they had the review vehicle pre recall but held the review back? Maybe another sign the recall is almost over.

We should award a prize to the first person who gets an actual confirmed date in the UK

We must definitely do that 😂👍

3 hours ago, bZ4X said:

Very well detailed review but how they could test it during recall? 

It is a rehash of the review Auto Express published on 3rd June 2022. Same car pictured in both reviews - GY22BZK.

From official Subaru Canada website. Solterre coming in 2022:

Screenshot_20221004_103349.thumb.jpg.05009651d9b664e1b13b06621450955f.jpg

Took the screenshot today. 

9 minutes ago, bZ4X said:

From official Subaru Canada website. Solterre coming in 2022:

Screenshot_20221004_103349.thumb.jpg.05009651d9b664e1b13b06621450955f.jpg

Took the screenshot today. 

Is that new? 

Just now, W id said:

Is that new? 

I don't know but logically must be new. Because these highlights stays there for a while and updates every week/month...

3 minutes ago, bZ4X said:

I don't know but logically must be new. Because these highlights stays there for a while and updates every week/month...

Many new small signs these last two days. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links