Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

How much is enough?

Bper

11 minutes ago, Derek.w said:

I quote some retailers are making 6 pence per litre more in profit or 75 Million per month in 2022.

Thats why they are been forced to publish live data from forecourts!.

Hi Derek,

This has been obvious from the start what they were doing I am still waiting a reply from an email sent to a supermarket head office to ask why they change the price of petrol every few days. Strangely enough not had a reply yet. But will press them for an answer if I do not get a reply soon.🤬

• Like 1

Still waiting for Morrisons head office to reply to my email regarding the fluctuations on the their petrol prices, however they have dropped their price from 144.9 to 142.9p the lowest it has been.

• Like 1

Our son told me about a female colleague where he works came to work on a (illegal) electric scooter, and nearly hit him as she drove it along the office corridors.   He gave her a telling off - I think I would have deliberately disabled the scooter!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Haliotis said:

Our son told me about a female colleague where he works came to work on a (illegal) electric scooter, and nearly hit him as she drove it along the office corridors.   He gave her a telling off - I think I would have deliberately disabled the scooter!

A friends son got caught on a road on one of these scooters and got a large fine and a 6 month driving ban.

Did he get points for no insurance, no MOT and no road tax? 😀

• Haha 1

I always have an aftermarket dash cam on while driving, mainly due to these illegal electric scooters and the push bikes swinging on and off the road, without even looking to see what's behind them.

I hope it never happens, but I think one day one of these lemmings will swing into the road with no warning, and it won't be possible to avoid them.

Even though I slow down and watch out for them whenever I see them.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Rhymes with Paris said:

I always have an aftermarket dash cam on while driving, mainly due to these illegal electric scooters and the push bikes swinging on and off the road, without even looking to see what's behind them.

I hope it never happens, but I think one day one of these lemmings will swing into the road with no warning, and it won't be possible to avoid them.

Even though I slow down and watch out for them whenever I see them.

A few times the two of us have been walking to the shops and one of these scooters has come passed us so fast that I swear if we would have moved to the left on the pavement he would have hit us. You can't hear these things coming. If one does hit you it would cause some serious damage.

38 minutes ago, Big_D said:

Did he get points for no insurance, no MOT and no road tax? 😀

He had a provisional license and had booked his test and his parents had brought him a car ready for when he passed. The ban was for 6 months and due to his age and this conviction his parents had to pay £3000 to insure the car when he passed his test.

• Like 1

... and the car they had bought for him was less than:

A. £1000

B. £1500

C. £2000

• Like 1

Just now, Big_D said:

... and the car they had bought for him was less than:

A. £1000

B. £1500

C. £2000

I think it was just under £4000. It was literally sitting on their drive for nearly a year before he got a new test date after his ban.

That's quite a stark contrast to how they're dealt with down here - You could ride right past a copper on one and they wouldn't bat an eyelid unless you provoked them. :laugh: 

Apparently there are so many they just can't enforce it, and they can't confiscate them because they have nowhere to store them, since KHAAAAAAN! closed all the police stations down :laugh: 

The only ones they really go after are the stupidly powerful and very expensive ones, e.g. 2 wheel drive, full suspension, can do 40mphetc., otherwise no monkeys given...

• Like 2

I think that all scooters, bicycles, etc . that are used on the roads should be taxed, insured, and have some sort of safety check similar to a MOT.

They use the road in the same way I di (in my car) and should be treated the same way. Why is it that if I get hit by a cyclist/electric scooter, or similar, my insurance has to foot the bill.

"My Human rights are being affected" cried the Snowflake  😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Cyker said:

That's quite a stark contrast to how they're dealt with down here - You could ride right past a copper on one and they wouldn't bat an eyelid unless you provoked them. :laugh: 

Apparently there are so many they just can't enforce it, and they can't confiscate them because they have nowhere to store them, since KHAAAAAAN! closed all the police stations down :laugh: 

The only ones they really go after are the stupidly powerful and very expensive ones, e.g. 2 wheel drive, full suspension, can do 40mphetc., otherwise no monkeys given...

Is it right you can rent one of these in London from one of the licensed e- scooter providers. Are they allowed to go on the road or pavement if so what about insurance etc.

You can have as many laws as you like, but if very few of them are enforced, then no point.

Big D, I think the reason might be that all road users, irrespective of illegal use, or carelessness, are regarded as not at fault when in a collision with a car or other motorised vehicle, as a default.

Until it reaches a court that is, hence IMO the need for dash cams at all times.

• Like 3

I admit I had a low speed collision with a car in a small car park.   All I found as a scrape of white paint on my bumper and it rubbed off.

I was caught on the store cam, traced by the police, and received a NIP.  It was received by 1st Class post 15 days later.  I spoke with the policeman who was sympathetic,  told me to ignore it, and as much as said the other party were pikeys and I should not speak to them.

Their repair bill was over £1 000.  Their car was a Fiat 500 and there was no way my Mercedes could have scraped the bodywork ahead of and behind the rear wheel. 

I now have front and rear cams.  It would have proven the limit of such a collision. 

• Like 3

I contacted Morrisons customer service 2 weeks ago asking why their prices keep changing every few days, I sent them a further email to ask when they will respond. Well as you probably suspected nothing no reply.  Today they have raised their price from 142.9 to143.9 again.

Funny how when you ask them to justify the price rises they claim up.🤬

• Like 1

Morrisons 145.9p up from 143.9p and despite emails to ask why they are changing the prices on a regular basis they have not replied.

So based on this there can be no other explanation other then they are blatantly profiteering. 🤬

• Like 1

Supermarket giant Asda has become the 'first' fuel retailer to publish local petrol and diesel prices online amidst growing pressure from the government and watchdogs.

The group revealed that the price of each of its 320 filling stations across the UK will be made available on the store locator section of its website.

The latest fuel prices will be displayed each morning at 10:30am with the previous day's closing price. And further development will see a new system follow that will be able to show real-time prices within 'the coming months'.

It means drivers will now be able to go online to find the cheapest locations to fill up near where they live or route to a destination.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bper said:

It means drivers will now be able to go online to find the cheapest locations to fill up near where they live or route to a destination.

But with everyone, including other fuel stations, looking at prices, how can there be any competition between fuel stations. If they all work together, and charge a similar price, as they do now, we still suffer.

Many motorists couldn't be bothered to find the cheapest price and travel a mile or so  more. This is where it all falls down. The price of fuel in an area is what the local population are prepared to pay. A case in point is the Shell petrol station outside of Tadley. Their fuel is £1.499 per litre, yet their forecourt is always full with passing motorists who couldn't be bothered to drive another 5 miles down the road.

Personally, I fill up at the cheaper petrol station when I pass, so it's not out of my way and I save e few pennies to help pay for the weekend pint

• Like 2

This is part of the response email from Morrisons on why they are changing their petrol prices on a almost daily basis. Can anyone tell what me what is a fuel rate on the day is?

In the UK petrol prices vary from town to town and even neighbourhood to neighbourhood and we will always strive to be competitive in each local area. Also even the price in a specific petrol station can differ on a daily basis which is solely dependant on the fuel rate on that day. We continually review our prices and will look to reduce this difference as soon as we can.
In the UK petrol prices vary from town to town and even neighbourhood to neighbourhood and we will always strive to be competitive in each local area. Also even the price in a specific petrol station can differ on a daily basis which is solely dependant on the fuel rate on that day. We continually review our prices and will look to reduce this difference as soon as we can.☹️

Is the daily fuel rate the same as the daily US Dollar exchange rate or oil prices, in other words does it fluctuate daily?

If so, why do they change the price daily when the fuel is delivered weekly. Surely the price they paid for their fuel when it was delivered should mean that the price at their pump should remain the same until they get a new delivery?

Local Morrisons up again from 145.9p to 147.9p.

• Sad 1

On 8/3/2022 at 6:10 PM, Bper said:

Why are retailers and supermarkets altering their prices daily as well as not passing on the reduction in the wholesale price of petrol? With the wider increase in living costs this is nothing more than profiteering.

The government are also raking in vast amounts of extra fuel tax with these high prices. This madness has to stop.

I can answer this, here in the South Yorkshire Mining Village where I live, we have an expression, to very accurately describe what is happening here. It is: "They are nowt but robbing b******s "

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Local Morrisons on Wednesday 145.9p up that day to 147.9p, Today 152.9p🤬

• Sad 2

My local Sainsburys went up from 138.9 to 141.9... literally the day I went to refuel! :crybaby:

Why does it always happen just before I refuel?? I swear they are remotely monitoring my fuel gauge... :unsure:

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links