Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

How much is enough?

Bper

2 hours ago, Mojo1010 said:

140.9 down here but not happy as other places in the country are in the low 130. 

Big difference 1.30s up against late 1.40s, it would be good to know what part of the country other members are paying in the 1.30s.👍

• Like 2

It really is up and down.  Peterborough is regularly low.  Stamford Shell still 146.9 and Grantham 147.9, but my favourite lower Shell station at Louth has been up at 149.9 for a couple of weeks and is now a non-stop for me. 

ASDA and Sainsbury in Grantham are competing 144.7 and 144.9 as if a 50ltr fill at Sainsbury, being 10p more expensive will break the bank. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Bper said:

Big difference 1.30s up against late 1.40s, it would be good to know what part of the country other members are paying in the 1.30s.👍

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/diesel-ps1339-petrol-ps1327-at-gw-holmes-etherley-moor-county-durham-4129656

• Like 3

With the Yaris Cross showing a 74 mpg average reading (if that's true of course), then the 48 to 50 I was getting with my traded in Vauxhall Corsa, means at least a 50% drop in my fuel consumption. So well pleased with that and around my area the best price you can get is £1.399 a litre.

• Like 4

I must admit, even with the fuel prices as they are, the fact that I can usually only get 26-28L into the tank when I fill up has made it less painful, despite covering the same sort of mileages I used to be putting 36-38L in before!! :biggrin:

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Mojo1010 said:

140.9 down here but not happy as other places in the country are in the low 130. 

Shows you when last I filled up.

I'll need to head out tomorrow and put fuel in for a trip on monday

• Like 2

One weird thing I've always wondered about is, near me there's a Texaco which people seem to use, while down the road there is a Shell which sells V-Power for the same as the cost of regular E10 at the Texaco, yet people still use the Texaco!!

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Yesterday, Gulf on A1 143.7.  In town ASDA 144.7 and Shell 145.9. Given a Shell card, buying £10 at a time, refuelling takes 15 seconds, you get a £1 (1%) rebate every £100.  Cheaper than ASDA. 

Of course you can argue that it's not worth the hassle but if you drive passed the station and it's convenient, why not. 

Almost had a problem yesterday though. Suddenly realised my range was 90 and I had 60 miles of trips planned. Popped in 3 times and got my 3 points. 

When I come across a Shell at less than 140 then I will fill to full. 

• Like 2

Following on from the rip off, someone seems to have noticed 

SUPERMARKETS may be driving up fuel prices more than necessary to boost profits, the UK’s competition watchdog has claimed.

The Competition & Markets Authority has stepped up its investigation into whether supermarkets are profiteering on petrol and diesel after finding that margins in the sector have climbed.

Telegraph today. 

• Like 3

By a freak coincidence, since the CMA started investigating, most of the supermarkets round here suddenly dropped by 2p! What are the chances! :laugh: 

Of course this all happened *just after* I filled up my tank! :bangin:

• Haha 4

I filled up at Esso on Sunday at £1.419 per litre and put in 15.52 litres. Took the bike out a few hours later and filled up a couple of miles down the road at a BP for £1.399 per litre. Could have saved 31p 😁  

It may sound funny, but it all adds up

• Like 2

Filled up again today, after a few site visits. Put in 24.32 litres at £1.399 per litre

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Big_D said:

Filled up again today, after a few site visits. Put in 24.32 litres at £1.399 per litre

That's a big difference between the 147.9p at our local Morrisons  and 1.39.9p. No profiteering going on my end then.

• Haha 2

I have no idea what you mean. There's no profiteering going on here 😁😁😁

I drive right past the Esso filling station in our village as they are in the region of £1.499. I don't even bother to look at their prices anymore. I wold rather travel six miles down the road where the next Esso has fuel for £1.419. I'ts not usually ut of my way as I tend to fill up on the way to wherever I'm going.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Bob, the difference between a local garage providing fuel as a sideline to the local (yokels) and one that uses small returns and larger turnover. 

We have Gulf station on the A1. . Less expensive than ASDA in town and hugely cheaper than the BP stations to the north and south.  

It actually functions as a convenience store for the small village and has a rare footbridge crossing.  No idea where the profits are as it never seems busy but has just had a major refit. 

• Like 3

The Abridge Shell is like that - I think the petrol side is operated on thinner margins to entice people to buy stuff in the shop (It worked on me - I walked out with a pie and 5 tubs of Celebrations just before Christmas :laugh: )

That said they're no longer cheaper than the supermarkets, but I still drive past there and occasionally stop by to grab a sandwich or something.

• Like 1

I think that is why Shell give one point for a fuel spend of £10 or more.  You don't earn 2 if you spend £20.  You are allowed 3 visits per day at least 10 minutes apart.  More shopping opportunities I think. 

You can also earn a point for a spend of £2.  I think the 10 minute rule applies. 

Buy £10 of fuel, get a coffee 10% off.  After 10 minutes buy 2 bounty bars. 10 minutes later.... 

• Haha 2

I preferred their old loyalty scheme - I only used them for V-Power diesel back then, which got you loads of points, and a few visits would soon get me a money-off voucher, which more or less evened out the cost difference!

• Like 1

I saw Costco fuel advertised at £1.339 per litre today.

Has anyone used their fuel, and if so, what is it like?

• Like 1

I've always wondered how they can sell it so much lower - In some cases it seems impossibly low for a given wholesale price; Is that the price without VAT maybe? Or maybe it's subsidized by the membership fee, or used as a loss-leader to get people to buy stuff there??

• Like 1

Apparently it includes VAT. T can't comment on the rest though

• Like 2

As all the taxes are based on the bottom price, if they get a penny off the base the Govt loses on VAT. 

For a litre of fuel the duty is 52.95p.

If the cost is 63.05p then with VAT it is costs 139.2.  Shave 3.05 off your price and bingo = 135.54 or an extra 0.66 VAT lost. 

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links