Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

How much is enough?

Bper

I filled up at my usual filling station on Friday - €1.709, (£1.52p), down 4 cents per litre from last time. (Still 10 cents dearer than the begining of January!). Prices are up and down more than a lady of the nights underwear!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Back to 149.9p a 2p drop locally also seen a couple of other stations at 1.48p and 147p. Hope it continues to drop.

• Like 1

Peterborough still 141.9 at Shell on Tuesday.

Grantham 147.9 at Sainsbury and Gulf on the A1.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Roy124 said:

Peterborough still 141.9 at Shell on Tuesday.

Grantham 147.9 at Sainsbury and Gulf on the A1.

Shell still 141.9 with Morrisons nearby 139.9

• Like 1

Todays prices - 

Shell V power super  U/L - 169.9

Tesco momentum 99 - 152.9

Shell unleaded - 149.9

Tesco unleaded - 145.9

I will be running my car on Tesco Momentum 99 from now on.

What are the benefits of using Tesco Momentum 99?

Momentum 99 contains a special blend of additives to help keep the fuel system clean and working at its best.

Additionally, the higher octane level (99 compared to 95 for regular unleaded petrol) gives improved overall engine performance for those cars that are able to take advantage (generally sportier models).

• Like 2

So what is the advantage of Tescos selling petrol with more ethanol.?🤔

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Bper said:

So what is the advantage of Tescos selling petrol with more ethanol.?🤔

They are not selling fuel with more ethanol than they are allowed but if they double the amount of ethanol i assume they are not going to pay as much for it.

Look at the results below from the original test, the latest figures show E10 is now 7.5% and E5 is now 5%   so within the allowed amount but nearly double for E5 from the first test below.

(sorry about the bold text i cannot seem to find a way of disabling it)

eere.thumb.JPG.91ee4bac93869c4b2abc9cef010e07b2.JPG

What is E10 fuel?

E10 is a biofuel made up of 90% regular unleaded and 10% ethanol – hence the E10 name.

Standard unleaded fuel contains up to 5% ethanol and can be used in any petrol-engined car without problems or the need for modification.

With E10, things aren’t quite so simple, which is why its roll-out in the UK compared to other European countries has been delayed.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Max_Headroom said:

They are not selling fuel with more ethanol than they are allowed but if they double the amount of ethanol i assume they are not going to pay as much for it.

Look at the results below from the original test, the latest figures show E10 is now 7.5% and E5 is now 5%   so within the allowed amount but nearly double for E5 from the first test below.

(sorry about the bold text i cannot seem to find a way of disabling it)

eere.thumb.JPG.91ee4bac93869c4b2abc9cef010e07b2.JPG

What is E10 fuel?

E10 is a biofuel made up of 90% regular unleaded and 10% ethanol – hence the E10 name.

Standard unleaded fuel contains up to 5% ethanol and can be used in any petrol-engined car without problems or the need for modification.

With E10, things aren’t quite so simple, which is why its roll-out in the UK compared to other European countries has been delayed.

Hi Max, correct the me if I am wrong but XPO deploys a dedicated tanker fleet and 350 drivers to collect fuel at nationwide UK fuel terminals and allocate it to more than 500 Tesco consumer filling stations and regional distribution centre. So if they are using different fuel terminals then some of the other petrol providers must be doing the same. On this basis how much ethanol do we know we are putting into our cars and how much more profit are they making on already artificially high prices.🤬

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Bper said:

On this basis how much ethanol do we know we are putting into our cars and how much more profit are they making on already artificially high prices.🤬

I have no answer but would like to think we get the fuel we pay for.

As we can use both we are lucky  if there is E10 in the E5 pump it's not going to harm the engine the same cannot be said for older cars.

• Like 2

if there is E10 in the E5 pump

That is surely illegal?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, YarisHybrid2016 said:

That is surely illegal?

The full quote you refer to is below - 

As we can use both we are lucky  if there is E10 in the E5 pump it's not going to harm the engine the same cannot be said for older cars.

This was in answer to Bper's post below, i may have read it wrong but assumed he was saying with so many wagons visiting so many different fuel terminals how can we be guaranteed we have the correct % Ethanol in our fuel

Hi Max, correct the me if I am wrong but XPO deploys a dedicated tanker fleet and 350 drivers to collect fuel at nationwide UK fuel terminals and allocate it to more than 500 Tesco consumer filling stations and regional distribution centre. So if they are using different fuel terminals then some of the other petrol providers must be doing the same. On this basis how much ethanol do we know we are putting into our cars and how much more profit are they making on already artificially high prices

• Like 2

Local Morrisons 152.9p and hasn't moved . However another garage just over 1 mile away 146.2p

• Like 2

Local Asda still @ 142.7 for a number of weeks now. Got half a tank, so didn't need to fill up. 

• Like 1

A big day for drivers on Wednesday March 15th.

Jeremy Hunt’s ‘will he or won’t he’ decisive Budget will dictate yet again, what we pay for petrol and diesel at the pumps. Both the Prime Minister and the Chancellor have still not quashed the OBR’s planned forecast post Autumn Statement announcement, of a 14.4p rise per litre.🤬

• Sad 2

If petrol prices are not raised in next week's budget, do you think we are looking at the current prices staying at the level they are and any hope of them dropping to a reasonable level gone for good?

• Like 1

Shell Peterborough Tuesday down 2p to 138.9.  In Grantham Monday Shell 147. 9 and ASDA today 147.7.

Who is ripping who off? 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Bper said:

If petrol prices are not raised in next week's budget, do you think we are looking at the current prices staying at the level they are and any hope of them dropping to a reasonable level gone for good?

Don't think it will be raised. Also do not think prices will go lower than some garages 132.7 unless oil price dip quite a bit. It's 10p more where I am. 

• Like 2

Prices out my way vary from £1.419 to £1.57.9 per litre

Is there some profiteering going on here??

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Roy124 said:

Shell Peterborough Tuesday down 2p to 138.9.  In Grantham Monday Shell 147. 9 and ASDA today 147.7.

Who is ripping who off? 

152.9p local Morrisons. 🤬

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links