Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

How much is enough?

Bper

Shell station our of Harwich was 147.9 last week, 146.9 today.

Tesco in Gainsborough today 148.9

There is a lot to be said for price control at least within a chain, except they would all level up.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Roy124 said:

Shell station our of Harwich was 147.9 last week, 146.9 today.

Tesco in Gainsborough today 148.9

There is a lot to be said for price control at least within a chain, except they would all level up.

Looks like prices are heading towards 1.50 and this is bound to happen as Saudis cut a million barrels a day and $5 rise in a barrell. 😢

• Like 2

On 4/12/2023 at 6:16 PM, TonyHSD said:

Sainsburys and Morrison fuel stations are the last on my list followed by Asda .  Best petrol from most Tescos and particularly the E5 99, otherwise bp or shell, texaco. But if you don’t see a difference in performance and efficiency then feel free to fill up anywhere you like, the car it’s a metal not a human body so no feelings 🫢👌 My local Tesco has e5 99 for 145.9 p a litre 

Your local Tesco e5 is a decent price at the minute, my local Shell was 1.45 for e10 on way home yesterday, but car ran a lot better after months of supermarket fuel I noticed difference straight away . 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Roy124 said:

Oakham Coop yesterday 144.9 and Grantham Shell 147.9

Oakham 5p cheaper then our local morrisons 1.49.9p 🤬 

A406 near Southgate Tescos 141.9

• Like 1

Well, my cheap Shell at Louth no more.  It was 149.9 today so I returned and refuelled at Grantham at 147.9. 

It really is pot luck. 

• Like 1

The Sainsburys around here is still 142.9, but my tank of V-Power was almost out so now I'm trying some of the allegedly zero ethanol Esso Synergy Supreme+ 99 (Seriously who comes up with these names...).

I tell you what it definitely isn't going to save any money even if it does improve the mpg - 169.9p/L!! :eek: 

But I have to say, I was surprised as it feels noticeably better than the Shell V-Power, which didn't feel much different than the Sainsburys E10 I normally use!

The engine feels like it's running noticeably smoother and is less rattly. It's even noticeably dampened the horrible stationary charging dakka-vibration-ness of the M15A I've often complained about. It also has a bit more shove when I give it the beans. :naughty: 

The differences aren't huge, but enough for me to notice. Definitely ain't going to use it often for that kind of money, but I think I'll have to try normal Esso E10 and maybe Tescoes E5 and E10 to see if those are as agreeable.

I mentioned this in another thread, but I've noticed my Yaris diesels seemed to prefer Shell over Esso; The V-Power especially made them run noticeably smoother and more reactive to the accelerator, while Esso diesel made them run unpleasantly rough.

On the other hand, both the Mk2 and Mk4 seem to prefer Esso petrol over Shell.

Weird!

• Like 2

Northallerton Co-op today Texaco E10 £1.44.9 and super unleaded £1.52.9.

• Like 2

I forgot to add; Apparently Esso are falling in line with the other vendors and their super unleaded will no longer be ethanol-free in September :sad: 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Cyker said:

I forgot to add; Apparently Esso are falling in line with the other vendors and their super unleaded will no longer be ethanol-free in September :sad: 

Cyker I have to admit these different petrol types are really confusing and there must be many members that do not understand the pros and cons, it would be helpful if a list of the most suitability for our engines was made so those of us who do not have the knowledge but would obviously like to know which types would be the most beneficial.

Also the ones that can be used if the more suitable are not available.

Just a thought do you think this would be a good idea.☺️

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Cyker said:

The Sainsburys around here is still 142.9, but my tank of V-Power was almost out so now I'm trying some of the allegedly zero ethanol Esso Synergy Supreme+ 99 (Seriously who comes up with these names...).

I tell you what it definitely isn't going to save any money even if it does improve the mpg - 169.9p/L!! :eek: 

But I have to say, I was surprised as it feels noticeably better than the Shell V-Power, which didn't feel much different than the Sainsburys E10 I normally use!

The engine feels like it's running noticeably smoother and is less rattly. It's even noticeably dampened the horrible stationary charging dakka-vibration-ness of the M15A I've often complained about. It also has a bit more shove when I give it the beans. :naughty: 

The differences aren't huge, but enough for me to notice. Definitely ain't going to use it often for that kind of money, but I think I'll have to try normal Esso E10 and maybe Tescoes E5 and E10 to see if those are as agreeable.

I mentioned this in another thread, but I've noticed my Yaris diesels seemed to prefer Shell over Esso; The V-Power especially made them run noticeably smoother and more reactive to the accelerator, while Esso diesel made them run unpleasantly rough.

Weird!

I always was singing the praises for Shell v power E5, but when I read on here that the Esso E5 in some areas contained no ethanol I tried that.

One of the local tescos has what they call momentum, so have had that for the last 3 or four fill ups.

It does seem to run better to me, but very difficult to differentiate as the difference is marginal.

As regards the naming of it,I suppose down south you have fancier names for things than up here in the impoverished north, for example when I was living and working down there I was often asked "would you like a cup of tea?"usually with a choice of Assam or Ceylon in a porcelain cup with saucer and a slice of freshly cut lemon.

Up here the best you can hope for is a thick mug with "the world's best mum" emblazoned upon it, and the question "3 sugars or 4?"

Still, one has to live with ones decisions.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

53 minutes ago, Bper said:

it would be helpful if a list of the most suitability for our engines was made so those of us who do not have the knowledge but would obviously like to know which types would be the most beneficial.

See:

• Like 1

Local supermarket still 149.9p not going up or down been like this for some time.😟

Engine seemed a bit rougher today, maybe I was mistaken about the fuel making a difference! May be temperature related; Cold days, rougher running, warmer days, smoother running??

• Like 2

I related yesterday that the A1 to London sub 150 with Morrisons in town at 133.9

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Roy124 said:

I related yesterday that the A1 to London sub 150 with Morrisons in town at 133.9

Our local morrisons was 149.9 last Thursday and has dropped to 148.9 today. Now look at the difference in price 16p I really do not understand how16p between these two stores can possible be justified. 😊

• Like 1

Our local prices (Birmingham/Sutton Coldfield) are:

E10 :Tesco is £1.41.9; Asda £1.417; BP £146.9; Applegreen £1.42.9; Shell £1.46.9.

Super: Tesco £1.48.9; BP £1.61.9; Shell £1.64.9.

• Like 3

Filled up with Shell in Peterborough today. E10 1.399 and E5 1.559.

Esso was 1.389 and I think Morrisons at 1.339.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Local supermarket dropped to 147.9p a whole penny drop .🙄

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 4/25/2023 at 6:54 PM, Cyker said:

Weird!

ESSO E10 is very good, BP E10 nearly as good, used ESSO Synergy supreme E5 a couple of times which made the MK4 run a tad smoother and tad more pocket rocket like 😁 but not worth the extra.

• Like 3

I filling up on Wednesday at £147.9  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Derek.w said:

I filling up on Wednesday at £147.9  

It was a Gulf petrol station.

• Like 1

And here I am complaining about paying £1.4.19 for Esso E10 fuel

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

140.9 down here but not happy as other places in the country are in the low 130. 

• Like 4

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links