Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

How much is enough?

Bper

Our local Esso was £1.359 today

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Big_D said:

Our local Esso was £1.359 today

146.9p up against 1.359p. 11p difference that's a huge gap in petrol prices.😠

• Like 2

I know it's a huge gap. How is this justified. Surely it has nothing to do with transport costs between the Depot and Berkshire and the Depot and Norfolk (unless the drivers get paid extra danger pay for driving to Norfolk 😁).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

How is this justified is very much the question,the price fluctuations are not just increases caused through oil barrel prices.We know that petrol is brought on the markets many months in advance.

The price difference between counties is far in excess of what can be seen as just additional transport costs etc. The only logical explanation after looking at the obvious is it must be profiteering. 

We seem to be just accepting this as the norm and that cannot be right. 🤬 

Some garages in the North East the differance between petrol and diesel is 2 pence a litre

others its 10 pence.

Petrol Prices are rising again in the North East from £1.35 to 1.39 pence a litre.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Derek.w said:

Some garages in the North East the differance between petrol and diesel is 2 pence a litre

others its 10 pence.

Petrol Prices are rising again in the North East from £1.35 to 1.39 pence a litre.

It's definitely going in wrong direction that's for sure.👍

Hint: avoid stations near major routes. I can save 15 p/L by just buying in the next town!

• Like 3

Hi Mojo,

Yes I saw the article today and it just confirms why I started this post in the first place. maybe I should start another post on food prices because if they can charge 6p more on a litre how much are they making on food prices. Shame on all of them.🤬

Filled up the car today and Morrisons is currently 146.9p and the independent I filled up at 142.9p. Nothing more to say.

• Like 2

I filled up the bike yesterday. £1.349 per litre

• Like 2

Best price at the moment in the North East is £137.8 at least at the garages I have passed.

• Like 1

These fuel prices are ridiculous. We all know there is profiteering going on, but what can we mere mortals do about it?

• Like 2

Bob, it has been said many times if everyone stopped buying petrol for one day it would  force these companies to bring the price down. It's the same as food prices, rail costs, council tax, etc etc. We have this apathy that we complain but just seem to get on with it and hope it changes.

We don't have the same intensity in our culture as many other countries who will demonstrate and block roads and ports and many other things until they are heard by their governments. 

The issues and agendas we face in this country are many and some people see them, some do not and some choose to ignore it completely.

I am keeping an eye on out local profiteer supermarket to see if they drop their price after getting caught out by the CMA.🤬

• Like 2

I agree that we are apathetic in many instances, but who, and how, would we be able to organise such a boycott. It's a bit like asking a committed smoker to quit. While it can be done, they need the willpower and have to 'Want' to quit.

Same with us motorists. I love my car, which is why I went through the trouble of getting (and keeping) my drivers licence. I go through further trouble to get my car taxed, insured and MOTed, I absolutely hate public transport. Do we 'Want' to give up fuel, even if it is for a day.

I think that what I'm trying to say, is that although I can make sure my car is fuelled, so I can boycott a fuel station for the day, many motorists may not have this luxury and will continue to put in fuel. Petrol stations will continue to profit and we're back in the same old circle.

• Like 2

A day wouldn't make any difference - Maybe a week or a month, but then there'd just be a rush to refuel at the end of it which would push the prices back up.

The best way is if someone invented a way of using renewable energy and captured atmospheric CO2, maybe supplemented with waste paper, wood, plastic etc. to make petrol and diesel.

Actually this technology has been invented already and it works, but it seems to have been buried as I haven't heard anything more about it since maybe 15-20 years ago when I saw a TV documentary about it...

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Cyker said:

A day wouldn't make any difference - Maybe a week or a month, but then there'd just be a rush to refuel at the end of it which would push the prices back up.

The best way is if someone invented a way of using renewable energy and captured atmospheric CO2, maybe supplemented with waste paper, wood, plastic etc. to make petrol and diesel.

Actually this technology has been invented already and it works, but it seems to have been buried as I haven't heard anything more about it since maybe 15-20 years ago when I saw a TV documentary about it...

Cyker, I agree but my point behind everyone not buying petrol for one day is the affect it will have on the petrol stations and government revenue which would amount to millions for that one day alone. But more importantly, it would force them to lower prices as risk of another multi million day of losses would initially scare them and they would lower prices to ensure it would never happen again.

Boycotting for a week or a month would not work as you are right, it would increase prices as people rush to fill up. Alternative fuels have been available for decades and have been bought up by the oil industry and shelved.

The reason you have not heard anything more on these various technologies in alternative fuels is because anything that threatens the cartel of oil producers will never come to the market.

Oil and energy is in abundance on this planet but has been taken over by a small group who have and will continue to manipulate both price and limit the production to serve their own agenda's and greed.

Bringing people together to stop this is, in reality a fantasy, and I understand this as everyone has their own needs and beliefs. But if we continue to just accept this as the norm, 15 minute cities, ULEZ expansions and digital currency will all be brought in and accepted with little or no opposition. 

Democracy is slowly being eroded and if not challanged will lead to a totalitarian government.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Big_D said:

I agree that we are apathetic in many instances, but who, and how, would we be able to organise such a boycott. It's a bit like asking a committed smoker to quit. While it can be done, they need the willpower and have to 'Want' to quit.

Same with us motorists. I love my car, which is why I went through the trouble of getting (and keeping) my drivers licence. I go through further trouble to get my car taxed, insured and MOTed, I absolutely hate public transport. Do we 'Want' to give up fuel, even if it is for a day.

I think that what I'm trying to say, is that although I can make sure my car is fuelled, so I can boycott a fuel station for the day, many motorists may not have this luxury and will continue to put in fuel. Petrol stations will continue to profit and we're back in the same old circle.

Bob I have tried to answer some of your concerns and my own opinion in my reply to Cyker.👍

• Like 3

Petrol prices in South Africa. Wouldn't it be nice if we had these prices.

BREAKING- THE FUEL PRICE DROP HAS BEEN ANNOUNCED

Ÿ Petrol decreases by 24 and 17c per litre

Ÿ Diesel increases by 12 and 18c per litre

Ÿ Paraffin decreases by 4 and 5c per litre

Ÿ LP Gas decreases by R2.96 per kg

Petrol prices will be decreasing by 17 to 24 cents per litre, while diesel will be going up by 12 to 18 cents per litre.

As of 03 July 2023 the price of petrol in South Africa was R22.27. At the Rand Pound exchange rate today this equates to 93p per litre.

Still cheaper than here

conversion.JPG

sa_fuel.JPG

• Like 2

Back last month filling up with one of the UK’s best selling cars, the Vauxhall Corsa, would cost 80p in Venezuela but £65.20 in the UK. Now that's the price we want.😃

Well here we go again. Despite supermarkets being caught with their hands in the motorists pockets by the CMA for overcharging, I have been keeping an eye on our local Morrisons profiteer to see if they would drop their petrol price in light of the enquiry.

But no they haven't, in fact they have just raised the price from 146.9 to 148.9. So there we have it, being caught profiteering means nothing to them and so we will whack the price up to teach the public who really is in control.

They are doing the same with food prices and it is blatantly obvious. Doesn't matter to them one bit about the cost of living crisis as they are a major contributor to this problem.

The Esso where I usually fill up is £1.359. Two miles down the road, the BP is £1.349. Howver, I passed a Shell where the price was £1.499 per litre. That's a 15p per litre difference. Certainly no profiteering here, just the being motorists being ripped off

3 minutes ago, Big_D said:

The Esso where I usually fill up is £1.359. Two miles down the road, the BP is £1.349. Howver, I passed a Shell where the price was £1.499 per litre. That's a 15p per litre difference. Certainly no profiteering here, just the being motorists being ripped off

Every problem has an answer, Change is inevitable. 👍

• Like 1

The petrol and diesel prices went nuts   just not long after  the announcement that NO  new petrol or diesel cars would be sold after 2027 .   

The oil and fuel company's are trying to cash in before they cash out.  

All due to the big lie  climate change..

Along with ppl paying £12.50 a day to sit in traffic in an  around outskirts London . I'm sure my £12.50  personally fed a polar bear one day last month ... or might just lined the pocket of gandy Khan in his personal hypocritical demands . 

Major supermarkets are price-matching Aldi/Lidl. That's where their money is coming from to subsidise the "savings" on food.  It's probably a lot more complex though. Or is it.....? 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links