Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2022 RAV4 stolen

atartan

3 hours ago, Grumpy stumpy said:

I just mentioned it to Toyota Ipswich as my car was going back in to have dog guard fitted, they said they had received the TSB 3 days earlier, when I went in two weeks later they said we have the plates and will fit at same time as your dog guard but it was £70 to fit them which I paid no problem, Steven Eagle Ipswich have been brilliant so far with everything.

Hi. Is it two plates, one on each front wing (right and left) people keep saying plates but I thought it was just the one plate? Thanks. 

Yes two , I did put two pictures up showing them , once done you can see them from top with bonnet up .

Which Stoplock are people getting, Elite (too sloppy but easier to fit) or Pro ( tighter fit but manageable). 

Hi, I have recently seen reference to the front bumper being pulled forward for access to the car as well as via the wing liner. Does anyone know if these two plates stop both ways into the car ???
Terry.

45 minutes ago, Dm800 said:

Which Stoplock are people getting, Elite (too sloppy but easier to fit) or Pro ( tighter fit but manageable). 

Best advice is to find somewhere that sells both and try them. Your personal preference could be different to others.

I had no problem doing this at my local Halfords.

I ended up with the Pro and it fits just fine... IMO.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Terry10 said:

Hi, I have recently seen reference to the front bumper being pulled forward for access to the car as well as via the wing liner. Does anyone know if these two plates stop both ways into the car ???
Terry.

The plates will not stop anyone attacking the car, indeed they cannot if they don't know they are there. They prevent the thief unplugging the headlamp connector, at least without the use of extra tools or causing even more damage to the loom.

While we are all thinking about different ways the cars can be stolen...

This came up in my YT suggestions today.

Mod Note: There is nothing in here that teaches people how to do anything and there is some interesting Toyota stuff.

1 hour ago, Dm800 said:

Pro for me. Steering wheel at 10 2 4 and Pro fits nice and snug. 

1 hour ago, Dm800 said:

Stoplock Pro Elite here, found it easier and quicker to fit

43 minutes ago, Strangely Brown said:

While we are all thinking about different ways the cars can be stolen...

This came up in my YT suggestions today.

Mod Note: There is nothing in here that teaches people how to do anything and there is some interesting Toyota stuff.

Frighteningly easy to do for those lowlifes who want to steal peoples hard earned property, looks like the good old physical deterrent (Stoplock etc) is going to be around for a while yet.

I have an old school krook lock on mine and on my GR Yaris which goes on brake/clutch pedal and on to steering wheel. Just fitted two stickers to side windows too , great quality off eBay from company called wavecoat. Plate’s won’t stop bumper being pulled just connectors.

IMG_1391.jpeg

IMG_1392.jpeg

21 minutes ago, Grumpy stumpy said:

I have an old school krook lock on mine and on my GR Yaris which goes on brake/clutch pedal and on to steering wheel. Just fitted two stickers to side windows too , great quality off eBay from company called wavecoat. Plate’s won’t stop bumper being pulled just connectors.

IMG_1391.jpeg

IMG_1392.jpeg

Looking good 👍 

25 minutes ago, Grumpy stumpy said:

IMG_1391.jpeg

IMG_1392.jpeg

They don't need the ODB port to steal the car 😅

I think the sticker is a good deterrent as it says GPS vehicle tracker fitted as well as OBD disabled. To the would be thief, what it’s saying is that once they drive off in that car at any given minute any car in front or behind could be and I repeat could be a security car or disguised police car that is following. The thief just won’t know!
On that basis alone it’s enough I think for the thief to move onto another one to steal especially if they’ve had to remove a Krooklock Pro by cutting it into pieces beforehand. 

3 hours ago, Dm800 said:

Elite for me, as recommended by the manufacturer. It is loose, but that makes it easier to fit and remove without sounding the horn at silly o'clock in the morning. 

Colin 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kucyk said:

They don't need the ODB port to steal the car 😅

No I get that but no sticker says canbus protected etc anything to get them thinking what if helps in my opinion 

10 minutes ago, Grumpy stumpy said:

No I get that but no sticker says canbus protected etc anything to get them thinking what if helps in my opinion 

👍

3 hours ago, Dushio said:

I think the sticker is a good deterrent as it says GPS vehicle tracker fitted as well as OBD disabled. To the would be thief, what it’s saying is that once they drive off...

Sorry. I disagree. To the would be thief I would suggest that the stickers say, "This owner just bought some stickers from Amazon/eBay/Etsy, it's worth a punt to see if it's true."

I think there is far too much intelligence being credited to these scr0tes.

• Like 1

Reply within 24 hours.....

Thanks for getting in touch via our contact us page on our website. It's great to hear you have purchased a RAV4! 

I have raised your enquiry directly with ******* Toyota who are aware of the bulletin and will discuss the matter further with you.

I hope this helps and thanks for contacting Toyota GB.

Kind regards

23 hours ago, Dm800 said:

That's exactly what I did asking them to confirm the TSB so I could pass on to my dealer. No sooner had I sent it,by shear coincidence my dealer responded to say they had passed my query on to their workshop to look into.

My dealership, that is Merseyside based has absolutely no idea of the problem or the fix, even though I have provided them with the WB & Part Numbers, I was wondering if your dealership is Merseyside based as the one I’m struggling with has 3 branches across the region.

As I have mentioned previously, this is NOT CURRENTLY available nationwide, it will be released in due course, I have no idea why, but please don't blame your dealer 

Just got the following reply (within 24 hours) from cr@toyota.co.uk Customer Relations, so I'm booking it in asap at a cost of £70 for the labour.

Hi George

Thanks for getting in touch.

Your vehicle has a number of theft deterrent devices, an immobiliser, intrusion alarm, motion sensor alarm and tilt detection sensors.  Unfortunately, new theft methods and tools are continuously being developed by organised criminal gangs to gain access to - or steal the latest vehicles.  This is a challenge the entire automotive industry is facing. 

We are continuously striving to improve our vehicles and whilst, regrettably we cannot guarantee that these efforts will eliminate all criminal activity and theft, our design team will continue to work with the police and insurers to develop technology and components to try to prevent vehicle crime. 

However, we do have an extra measure in place that can be fitted to your vehicle. We are happy to provide the part (Protection plates) free of charge. However, the labour for fitting would need to be paid for at a set rate of £70. If you would like me to arrange this with your nearest Toyota Centre, please confirm. It would also help if you could provide the Toyota Centre you would like to visit. If you do not know your nearest Toyota Centre, please provide your postcode so I can find this out for you.

I hope this helps and thank you for contacting Toyota GB. 

Kind regards

Customer Support
Toyota (GB) PLC  
Distributor of vehicles, parts and accessories for the UK

1 hour ago, Parts-King said:

As I have mentioned previously, this is NOT CURRENTLY available nationwide, it will be released in due course, I have no idea why, but please don't blame your dealer 

Can you explain what form it will take when you say "it will be released in due course" ? Thanks.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Strangely Brown said:

Sorry. I disagree. To the would be thief I would suggest that the stickers say, "This owner just bought some stickers from Amazon/eBay/Etsy, it's worth a punt to see if it's true."

I think there is far too much intelligence being credited to these scr0tes.

Any would be car thieves wishing to pitch in with their opinion? 😂

9 hours ago, Strangely Brown said:

The plates will not stop anyone attacking the car, indeed they cannot if they don't know they are there. They prevent the thief unplugging the headlamp connector, at least without the use of extra tools or causing even more damage to the loom.

That was not the question ! ( with respect ) I asked if these two plates stopped access via the under wing liner and the pulling of the front bumper forward .

both give access to the plug in question.

SO, DO THESE PLATES STOP ACCESS BOTH WAYS OR JUST ONE OF THEM??
If both ways then brilliant and if only one then we still have a problem.

I totally understand that it won't stop the thief from trying but would rather have a slightly damaged car than no car at all.

regards Terry.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links