Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2022 RAV4 stolen

atartan

6 minutes ago, Strangely Brown said:

The TSB has not reached my dealer yet, or indeed any information about the campaign. He can see that the plates exist via the part number and that they are "available to buy" but without some official notice from Toyota there is nothing that they can do "officially". I have emailed cs@toyota.co.uk but have had no response as yet.

Is there any chance you could get the TSB number from your dealer when you go in tomorrow? I am trying to find something that my dealer can use as an "in" to get Toyota to open up.

Cheers.

I got a reply from the Toyota customer services within 2 days, so hopefully you should hear soon. 

Had my service today so I asked about the Canbus plates. He knew all about them but said they are a bit behind rolling them out. He confirmed that Toyota will supply the plates for free and subsidise the Labour to only pay £70. He said to keep an eye on emails as he thought Toyota will send out emails about getting it done. He doesn’t have them in stock yet. They washed the car afterwards and when I was driving home I noticed the sat nav was not running correctly on the roads I was on. I looked at the shark fin on the roof and although difficult to reach felt slightly loose with a drop of water in the joint to the roof. I expect it will dry out and then work ok but I will run it for a while and see if it improves

1 hour ago, Strangely Brown said:

The TSB has not reached my dealer yet, or indeed any information about the campaign. He can see that the plates exist via the part number and that they are "available to buy" but without some official notice from Toyota there is nothing that they can do "officially". I have emailed cs@toyota.co.uk but have had no response as yet.

Is there any chance you could get the TSB number from your dealer when you go in tomorrow? I am trying to find something that my dealer can use as an "in" to get Toyota to open up.

Cheers.

I emailed Toyota on cr@toyota.co.uk and got a reply very quickly, who said they would contact my dealer who in turn would contact me.

A week later I had heard nothing from my dealer so contacted the lady at cr@toyota.co.uk who had replied to my initial email and within half an hour I had a phone call from the service department, part on order fitting next week 🤞

The car has been into the dealers today to have the plates fitted, it is the first one they have done, the service manager said it was a pretty straightforward job.

Plates supplied FOC (apparently the dealers have to pay for them, and then charge Toyota UK back once invoiced)

Labour charged at £70 + VAT, well worth it for peace of mind.

I find that the best way to get a response from Toyota Customer Relations is to send the enquiry email to the correct email address. <slaps forehead>

I sent to cs@... instead of cr@... so I guess I should not be surprised at the lack of response.

The me from my former life as an email systems administrator is disappointed that they did not bounce the undeliverable message though. Jolly bad form. <wags finger>

Having re-sent my query to the correct address I got an auto-reply straight away so I am happy that it was at least not blackholed this time. I look forward to their reply.

Note to self: Check recipient addresses before sending. I should know better.

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Strangely Brown said:

I find that the best way to get a response from Toyota Customer Relations is to send the enquiry email to the correct email address. <slaps forehead>

I sent to cs@... instead of cr@... so I guess I should not be surprised at the lack of response.

The me from my former life as an email systems administrator is disappointed that they did not bounce the undeliverable message though. Jolly bad form. <wags finger>

Having re-sent my query to the correct address I got an auto-reply straight away so I am happy that it was at least not blackholed this time. I look forward to their reply.

Note to self: Check recipient addresses before sending. I should know better.

The email that you will receive back will be very similar to this.

Hi Alan,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Your vehicle has a number of theft deterrent devices, an immobiliser, intrusion alarm, motion sensor alarm and tilt detection sensors.  Unfortunately, new theft methods and tools are continuously being developed by organised criminal gangs to gain access to - or steal the latest vehicles.  This is a challenge the entire automotive industry is facing. 

We are continuously striving to improve our vehicles and whilst, regrettably we cannot guarantee that these efforts will eliminate all criminal activity and theft, our design team will continue to work with the police and insurers to develop technology and components to try to prevent vehicle crime. 

However, we do have an extra measure in place that can be fitted to your vehicle. We are happy to provide the part (Protection plates) free of charge. However, the labour for fitting would need to be paid for at a set rate of £70. If you would like me to arrange this with your nearest Toyota Centre, please confirm. I can then get in contact with the Centre to advise the process of ordering and fitting.

I hope this helps and thank you for contacting Toyota GB. 

Kind regards

Amy

Amy Leek
Customer Support
Toyota (GB) PLC  
Distributor of vehicles, parts and accessories for the UK

When you reply ask them to contact your nominated dealer with all the relevant information, as most dealers are unaware of the situation.

Good luck.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks. I look forward to it landing in my mailbox.

• Like 1

Just got car. Fitted the stoplock elite. It's so so loose and massive. Going to be going back.

Hi. There are 2 types. I have the flatter (bottom one) and it fits my rav4 dynamic 2019 model just fine in the ten to five clock position 

image.thumb.jpeg.d23faee8e3ddb54c1d141b515b2d2577.jpeg

9 minutes ago, Dushio said:

Hi. There are 2 types. I have the flatter (bottom one) and it fits my rav4 dynamic 2019 model just fine in the ten to five clock position 

My RAV4s used to be fine with the one on  the bottom of this picture (shallower curve) for 2016/2018/2020 Dynamic Premium models, then the 2022 PHEV model it no longer fitted and had to buy the one on the top of the picture. I think they changed the steering wheel from 2022 onwards.

Ah. Cheers for the tip if I upgrade to a Phev. Although with all this theft business I will probably move to a Tesla model y once they are 2 years old and dropped a bit more in price. 

3 hours ago, Dushio said:

Ah. Cheers for the tip if I upgrade to a Phev. Although with all this theft business I will probably move to a Tesla model y once they are 2 years old and dropped a bit more in price. 

Instead of the Stoplock invest in a good quality fire extinguisher 🧯 

• Haha 4

On 10/19/2023 at 9:51 AM, ernieb said:

The PHEV and HEV ‘22 model onwards are not vulnerable as far as we currently know.

Anyone correct me if I'm wrong but I do not see in the Openpilot project where it states specifically the REGULAR HYBRID Rav4 has the Toyota Security Key TSK/ECU Security/SecOC for signed comms. See link below:

https://github.com/commaai/openpilot/discussions/19932

6 hours ago, Rigsby said:

Instead of the Stoplock invest in a good quality fire extinguisher 🧯 

Ha ha, good point made there. Maybe getting the bus is the answer!

• Haha 1

Just fitted the security plates by Toyota Jemca Sidcup 70 pounds. Lady said that i am the second customer to fit those plates. So information is not spreaded, and also a small update on my ghost immobilizer at it was affecting the charging of my Battery when petrol engine was working. Now everything is fine, the guy just reprogramed the ghost so no hicups and rough idling.
Money spend on security:
Ghost - 500
2x Faraday pouches  - 20
CANBUS Plates  - 70
Stop lock - 60
Total: 650 pounds

• Like 1

On 10/31/2023 at 5:01 PM, Rigsby said:

The car has been into the dealers today to have the plates fitted, it is the first one they have done, the service manager said it was a pretty straightforward job.

Plates supplied FOC (apparently the dealers have to pay for them, and then charge Toyota UK back once invoiced)

Labour charged at £70 + VAT, well worth it for peace of mind.

I didn’t pay any vat just £70 on mine.

1 hour ago, Grumpy stumpy said:

I didn’t pay any vat just £70 on mine.

I questioned it but they were insistent that it was plus VAT, still not going to argue over £14 just happy it’s been done.

12 hours ago, Rigsby said:

I questioned it but they were insistent that it was plus VAT, still not going to argue over £14 just happy it’s been done.

Yep fair enough I would have done the same.

On 11/1/2023 at 8:47 PM, Dushio said:

Yep the bottom one a much better fit on 2020 plate. Thanks.

I paid VAT on mine... 

As an extra security measure i bought a Disklok

743849.webp

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Radoslaw said:

Just fitted the security plates by Toyota Jemca Sidcup 70 pounds. Lady said that i am the second customer to fit those plates. So information is not spreaded, and also a small update on my ghost immobilizer at it was affecting the charging of my battery when petrol engine was working. Now everything is fine, the guy just reprogramed the ghost so no hicups and rough idling.
Money spend on security:
Ghost - 500
2x Faraday pouches  - 20
CANBUS Plates  - 70
Stop lock - 60
Total: 650 pounds

How are you getting on with the Ghost? Looking at getting one fitted…

Had my plates fitted today at Listers Cov.

Too dark when I got home to check it out under the bonnet but they did get the bumper back in straight 🤣

I'll post a pic of my stickers in place tomorrow too.

• Like 2

My plates are in place, they look more like a cage around the connection and do look neat and well designed.

I put my stickers in too.

Hopefully plates, stickers and stoplock make it a less easy target.

20231104_120327.thumb.jpg.7364e6908858e6dff62674a1f1af858a.jpg20231104_120330.thumb.jpg.fd725d0d1ca8141c544c0ea2bf1c14ed.jpg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Yugguy1970 said:

My plates are in place, they look more like a cage around the connection and do look neat and well designed.

I put my stickers in too.

Hopefully plates, stickers and stoplock make it a less easy target.

20231104_120327.thumb.jpg.7364e6908858e6dff62674a1f1af858a.jpg20231104_120330.thumb.jpg.fd725d0d1ca8141c544c0ea2bf1c14ed.jpg

Looks good, had mine done last week. Who supplied the stickers? I asked my dealer for some but they didn’t know about any. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links