Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2022 RAV4 stolen

atartan

I have still not had a response from the dealer I decided to use. I will follow up.

I see more talk of 2023 models having this already. @FROSTYBALLS would you know any information about this?

Best deterrence is to catch them in the act... and introduce Mr Baseball bat to the back of the skull 😂

• Thanks 1

Mine is booked into Listers Cov in November.

They want an hours labour which for them is £135.

I couldn't be bothered to fight it, especially as apparantly they did one this month and it took them 2.5 hours but my price is guaranteed.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Yugguy1970 said:

Mine is booked into Listers Cov in November.

They want an hours labour which for them is £135.

I couldn't be bothered to fight it, especially as apparantly they did one this month and it took them 2.5 hours but my price is guaranteed.

Professional stickers £2.50. 

IMG_1020.jpeg

IMG_1019.jpeg

• Like 1

Hi, looks good, can I ask where did you get the stickers and what wording did you use? Thanks. 

On 10/11/2023 at 8:41 PM, George22 said:

Hi, that all sounds like good news. Could I possibly get a copy of the email address you used to contact them, I can only find a contact page. Thanks. 

If you would so kind to pass me the details as well please. My 2020 car is in dealer for next 2 weeks so makes sense to address issue now.

Many thanks.

Dm

9 hours ago, Dm800 said:

If you would so kind to pass me the details as well please. My 2020 car is in dealer for next 2 weeks so makes sense to address issue now.

Many thanks.

Dm

So far, no response (unless I'm doing something wrong) in trying to get the email address of Toyota from one of the users on this site but I've rang Toyota head office, they said to use cr@toyota.co.uk which is their customer relations.  I will be putting something together today and hopefully they will let me know how to proceed in fixing the Canbus problem.  Good luck.

Well, I went into my dealership this morning armed with the WB and part numbers posted on the forum, they came back and said there is nothing on their system relating to those numbers.

They are still unaware of there being a problem with the RAV4,  they have not had anyone else asking about having the plates fitted.

I spoke to one of the technicians who contacted their sister company, a Lexus main dealer who where aware of the problem but as yet they have not received any instructions from HO.

Time to email Toyota UK to try and find out exactly what’s going on.

1 hour ago, Rigsby said:

Well, I went into my dealership this morning armed with the WB and part numbers posted on the forum, they came back and said there is nothing on their system relating to those numbers.

They are still unaware of there being a problem with the RAV4,  they have not had anyone else asking about having the plates fitted.

I spoke to one of the technicians who contacted their sister company, a Lexus main dealer who where aware of the problem but as yet they have not received any instructions from HO.

Time to email Toyota UK to try and find out exactly what’s going on.

I don't understand that - my dealer, Listers Coventry, hadn't heard of it either, but when I showed them the details on Facebook they looked on their system and came back with a printed Toyota TSB, Technical Service Bulletin, for it.  TSB has all the instructions and photos etc., so that any Toyota dealer can follow it and do the work.  

I know Toyota were only proactively informing dealers in London and the SE, but any dealer should be able to find TSBs.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Yugguy1970 said:

I don't understand that - my dealer, Listers Coventry, hadn't heard of it either, but when I showed them the details on Facebook they looked on their system and came back with a printed Toyota TSB, Technical Service Bulletin, for it.  TSB has all the instructions and photos etc., so that any Toyota dealer can follow it and do the work.  

I know Toyota were only proactively informing dealers in London and the SE, but any dealer should be able to find TSBs.

Brilliant, I've just emailed my dealer..

Let's see if I get a response....

Those that can do a bit of DIY may ask them just for the part and DIY fit. 

• Like 1

I’m waiting for a response from cr@toyota.co.uk Customer Relations head office Redhill Surrey. Also just saw this on Facebook Toyota users UK saying dealers UK wide have been told to just charge £70. 

IMG_7714.jpeg

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Yugguy1970 said:

The details I gave the dealer were,

WB 853 and part number GBNGABRACK01

Can anyone please confirm these are the correct ones 

Thanks

The part number is good, the TSB is not on general release as yet and will mean nothing to anyone in the sticks, IE, outside of London. It will be available but not currently, the bulletin is not available to view as yet for anyone else 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Parts-King said:

The part number is good, the TSB is not on general release as yet and will mean nothing to anyone in the sticks, IE, outside of London. It will be available but not currently, the bulletin is not available to view as yet for anyone else 

Thanks for the reply, they were adamant that wasn’t one of their part numbers (wasn’t long enough apparently) and as you suggested, they couldn’t find the TSB.

It really makes the dealers look like mugs when people are walking in off the street apparently knowing more about what’s going on than they do.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dm800 said:

Brilliant, I've just emailed my dealer..

Let's see if I get a response....

Hi Dm800, I see your location is Merseyside, my dealership is in Merseyside, be interested in the response that you get, they have 3 showrooms across the region.

This does feel like an example of Toyota being a little behind the times when it comes to social media, and expecting no owners outside of London to have heard of it.  These days nothing stays local, all it needs is for one person to post about it and then basically the entire world knows.

On 10/11/2023 at 8:41 PM, George22 said:

Hi, that all sounds like good news. Could I possibly get a copy of the email address you used to contact them, I can only find a contact page. Thanks. 

I just went to their website and looked for contact us section, there are a few options to choose but it got to the right people.

I jut checked and I followed this link and selected General Enquiries 

https://forms.toyota.co.uk/contact-us

28 minutes ago, Renquist said:

I just went to their website and looked for contact us section, there are a few options to choose but it got to the right people.

That's exactly what I did asking them to confirm the TSB so I could pass on to my dealer. No sooner had I sent it,by shear coincidence my dealer responded to say they had passed my query on to their workshop to look into.

1 hour ago, Renquist said:

Hi, many thanks for the info. In the end I rang their head office and they gave me their customer relations email cr@toyota.co.uk 

• Like 1

I just mentioned it to Toyota Ipswich as my car was going back in to have dog guard fitted, they said they had received the TSB 3 days earlier, when I went in two weeks later they said we have the plates and will fit at same time as your dog guard but it was £70 to fit them which I paid no problem, Steven Eagle Ipswich have been brilliant so far with everything.

• Like 1

Went into Toyota @ Romford today expecting to have to push the issue to get the plates fitted. Couldn’t have been more wrong, told me straight away they are aware, it’s £70 and book it in asap.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links