Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla - UK delivery/lead times, etc

bruce e

8 hours ago, ByePolo said:

Got a notification from the app that my Corolla is now in build on Saturday. I live in the Midlands so hopefully not too much longer. 

Shame I couldn’t of been a little behind to get the facelift but hey Ho!

Yeah, but think, at least you get the car pre 74 reg 🤣🤣

When did you order and what spec? Hatchback? 

3 hours ago, warebear said:

Yeah, but think, at least you get the car pre 74 reg 🤣🤣

When did you order and what spec? Hatchback? 

Well surprisingly this morning I had a notification to say it’s in transit now…. Surely it takes longer than 3 days to build a Corolla? 

It’s just a standard 1.8 Icon Tech in Grey. Ordered back in April.

Better than my current VW Tiguan wait time (ordered an R-Line August 2021 and still waiting - should be here Jan 2023!).

7 minutes ago, ByePolo said:

Well surprisingly this morning I had a notification to say it’s in transit now…. Surely it takes longer than 3 days to build a Corolla? 

It’s just a standard 1.8 Icon Tech in Grey. Ordered back in April.

Better than my current VW Tiguan wait time (ordered an R-Line August 2021 and still waiting - should be here Jan 2023!).

I read that it takes somewhere between 15 and 17 hours from start to finish. You'll have a new motor by next week... Exciting stuff! Jealous! 

I placed an order in June for a 5th generation 2023 Excel in Titan Bronze Bi-Tone (metallic) as and when this model became available for them to order.  On Monday of this week, i see that it has gone into build! Not only have i had zero communication from my dealership, only a standard email confirming the build date. I also see that aforementioned colour is no longer available; according to the recent MY23 Bulletin. I did request a January delivery date, if it arrived in time. but i smell a rat. Perhaps they are hoping that i will accept a MY22 model, which will be a no thanks. I will let things progress. I will keep you informed.

• Confused 1

21 hours ago, chris stebbing said:

I placed an order in June for a 5th generation 2023 Excel in Titan Bronze Bi-Tone (metallic) as and when this model became available for them to order.  On Monday of this week, i see that it has gone into build! Not only have i had zero communication from my dealership, only a standard email confirming the build date. I also see that aforementioned colour is no longer available; according to the recent MY23 Bulletin. I did request a January delivery date, if it arrived in time. but i smell a rat. Perhaps they are hoping that i will accept a MY22 model, which will be a no thanks. I will let things progress. I will keep you informed.

That's going to be a MY22 you have got coming for sure. MY23 is not even due in the showrooms untill January 2023 at the earliest. Can't understand how the dealer let you order a MY23 way back in June. If I am wrong however, you will have the only MY23 in Titan Bronze BI-Tone.

• Like 1

Hello I ordered a basic spec corolla pure white in June of 2022 has anyone got a similar date as myself I was first told December to January. As my dealership have just basically told me to wait and possibly February for arrival. 

8 minutes ago, Chazzx1996 said:

Hello I ordered a basic spec corolla pure white in June of 2022 has anyone got a similar date as myself I was first told December to January. As my dealership have just basically told me to wait and possibly February for arrival. 

The longer you wait the more chance it will be the MY23 spec especially if it goes into next year. Chris stebbing above placed an order in June and his has gone into build now. So maybe your order will also go into build very soon.

On 10/11/2022 at 7:13 PM, 1973mjg said:

I read that it takes somewhere between 15 and 17 hours from start to finish. You'll have a new motor by next week... Exciting stuff! Jealous! 

It certainly seems that way…. It’s great but literally put a full tank of fuel in the Polo the other day as I’d been told by the dealership expect delivery first week of November 🤦🏻‍♂️

Ordered a Sports Touring  GR Spec Corolla back on 6th June. Original delivery was stated as end of November and I get a monthly update from the dealer but not called me yet this month.

App has gone to a map and order processing........

Also in the Grey they have discontinued.

Will await and see what happens I'm guessing they are still making MY22 Cars but who knows. I waited that long I'm not fussed about waiting for a MY23 car just don't know what options I'll get and I deffo don't want to pay any more for it.

1 hour ago, bigblock said:

The longer you wait the more chance it will be the MY23 spec especially if it goes into next year. Chris stebbing above placed an order in June and his has gone into build now. So maybe your order will also go into build very soon.

I ordered my 1.8 Touring Sports Scarlett Flare on 4th May and still showing as ‘processing’. Was originally told December delivery. Dealer doesn’t have an update other than they are waiting to see what makes it into the November build slots. After that it switches to MY23. 

It all seems a little random! 

Ordered a silver 1.8 Icon tech end of April. Initially I was told end of Oct delivery. Rang the dealership today to check the progress and the guy told me no news yet but it can be January delivery.

I collected my car 22 September but had placed the order on 21 February.  Initially it was thought that around end of July but then Toyota said the car would be delivered by the 21 September but actually arrived on the 16th, so that was a 7 month wait.

I would imagine that sometime next year the wait will come down when more chips become available.

Regards

Nigel. 

Well quick update.....

I spoke to Toyota who confirmed that mid November they will be stopping building the MY22 spec vehicles. And will be changing to MY23.

I checked my MY Toyota app today and amazingly my car has gone into build so guess another few weeks and I'll be a new Toyota Sports Touring GR Spec owner.

Strange as I went to look at the new Honda civic as well on Sunday 

• Like 1

On 10/13/2022 at 6:47 PM, bigblock said:

Now in transit; apparently. Suspect its a 22MY. Waiting for the call from dealership!

On 10/13/2022 at 11:58 PM, Behroz said:

Ordered a silver 1.8 Icon tech end of April. Initially I was told end of Oct delivery. Rang the dealership today to check the progress and the guy told me no news yet but it can be January delivery.

Hopefully yours will be a my22 as there is no Icon Tech on my23.  The my23 Icon has most of the my22 Icon Tech specification with the exception of Keyless entry.

9 hours ago, Kental said:

Hopefully yours will be a my22 as there is no Icon Tech on my23.  The my23 Icon has most of the my22 Icon Tech specification with the exception of Keyless entry.

And parking sensors.

14 hours ago, RabButler said:

And parking sensors.

my23 Icon has parking sensors

New grade structure and equipment features

The new Corolla has a revised grade structure, with new equipment features introduced at most levels.

Entry is Icon grade, with new standard features including: –

• 16-inch silver alloy wheels
  • 12.3-inch driver’s combimeter
  • Smart Connect multimedia system with 10.5-inch screen and navigation
  • Wireless charger
  • Smart entry
  • Front and rear parking sensors with Intelligent Clearance Sonar
  • Scuff plates
  • Upgraded remote services
  • These are in addition to LED headlights, front fog lights, dual-zone automatic air conditioning, a reversing camera and heated front seats with adjustable lumbar support.

Design grade adopts the same new information, multimedia and comfort features and builds on the Icon specification with new black/machined 17-inch alloy wheels, bi-LED headlights, rear privacy glass, auto-folding door mirrors, rain-sensing wipers, ambient cabin illumination and an auto-dimming rear-view mirror. An optional panoramic roof is available.

An even more premium specification is provided on the Excel models, introducing dark grey/machined 18-inch alloys, adaptive headlights, sports seats with leather upholstery, power front seat lumbar adjustment, head-up display, rear seat air conditioning control, power tailgate with kick sensor, Blind Spot Monitor and Rear Cross Traffic Alert. A panoramic roof and bi-tone paint finish are offered as options.

The GR Sport keeps its external and interior sports styling features for the new model year plus new 10-spoke 18-inch alloys and GR sports seats with part-leather bolsters. In other respects, it matches the Design grade specification, with the addition of a power back door with kick sensor for the Touring Sports model. Customers can specify a bi-tone paint finish with Ash Grey and Pure White with Eclipse Black being combinations exclusive to GR Sport.

• Like 1

That's very interesting, because when I look at the Toyota website I see that the new Icon only has a 8" infotainment system (HD in the Design) and front and rear parking sensors are only included if you opt for the right parking pack extra.

Is there an alternate source?

Edited by RabButler
Correction to size of infotainment system.

31 minutes ago, RabButler said:

That's very interesting, because when I look at the Toyota website I see that the new Icon only has a 8" infotainment system (HD in the Design) and front and rear parking sensors are only included if you opt for the right parking pack extra.

Is there an alternate source?

Found it! The 23rd August press release. I have a TS Icon on order too. I wonder when I'll  find out what the real specs are?

18 hours ago, RabButler said:

Found it! The 23rd August press release. I have a TS Icon on order too. I wonder when I'll  find out what the real specs are?

When u get delivery 🫣😁

• Haha 2

Mine has gone into Transport being delivered to dealer.

Dealer says sometime in November can't take 2 weeks to deliver a car can it and get it registered lol.

5 hours ago, PeteC74 said:

Dealer says sometime in November can't take 2 weeks to deliver a car can it and get it registered lol.

It can. Lack of truck drivers is the main issue. Your car can be sat there for 2 weeks. 

21 hours ago, PeteC74 said:

My car was built 28th May, didn't reach dealer until last week of June

Well it's at the dealer......called today and it's got to have plates fitted and final dealer checks etc. Said he will call me Monday for collection.

Shame as thought I may be able to pick up tomorrow.....but I guess after waiting 6 months another few days won't hurt.

I order my new corolla ts in april and now I have been waiting for 6-7 months. My retailer said that I receive in new year but I hope to get sooner! 😛

My toyota app says that my car is ‘in transit’ in Grimsby 😃

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links