Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Cross - delivery, etc .......

Toyota_FanBoy

19 minutes ago, Cyker said:

Bwaah! Who are these people that keep buying SUVs and Crossovers?!?!?!

In fairness I've ordered one but not actually paid anything yet. Doesn't really count as buying......yet😏

Actually on thinking about it🤔 they've told me March 25th but they didn't say what year......damn🤣😂

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Thegeeza said:

In fairness I've ordered one but not actually paid anything yet. Doesn't really count as buying......yet😏

Actually on thinking about it🤔 they've told me March 25th but they didn't say what year......damn🤣😂

Wow when I've always ordered from my dealer they've always wanted a deposit even though I've been dealing with them for years.

Hopefully tomorrow will get a call from Toyota to sort either delivery to me or to the local Toyota dealer so may have mine before Christmas 🙂

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Thegeeza said:

Our dealer said ours arrived there on Thursday, ordered 30th Aug. Both MyT and website have today agreed that it has arrived at the dealer so hopefully all 3 can't be wrong, so may be able to collect it sometime in the next few days. Can I get excited now?

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Dexter290 said:

Our dealer said ours arrived there on Thursday, ordered 30th Aug. Both MyT and website have today agreed that it has arrived at the dealer so hopefully all 3 can't be wrong, so may be able to collect it sometime in the next few days. Can I get excited now?

Of course you can get excited😃. Dont worry about all of us who keep getting our dates pushed back, you just go ahead and get excited and ignore us😞...😂🤣😂

• Haha 1

I must confess that I have now actually cancelled mine. The difficulty in getting petrol and following price increases made me wonder why I was getting another petrol powered car (all be it a Hybrid) when they are on the way to being phased out, especially as at 74, this might well be my last car. As a result, I now have a (more expensive!) fully electric car on order, having joined another queue and the delivery is "March-ish", so more waiting. I don't do a high mileage, and as I'm a retired Electrician I have already installed the EV supply equipment for charging in my garage in readiness. I take small comfort in that my cancellation will hopefully move other waiting customers slightly further up the chain towards delivery, and I wish all of you the best and hope you all enjoy your new car when it eventually arrives. 

Keith.

3 minutes ago, Goinker said:

I must confess that I have now actually cancelled mine. The difficulty in getting petrol and following price increases made me wonder why I was getting another petrol powered car (all be it a Hybrid) when they are on the way to being phased out, especially as at 74, this might well be my last car. As a result, I now have a (more expensive!) fully electric car on order, having joined another queue and the delivery is "March-ish", so more waiting. I don't do a high mileage, and as I'm a retired Electrician I have already installed the EV supply equipment for charging in my garage in readiness. I take small comfort in that my cancellation will hopefully move other waiting customers slightly further up the chain towards delivery, and I wish all of you the best and hope you all enjoy your new car when it eventually arrives. 

Keith.

Hi Keith,

Bought an electric car back in 2020 had it for 18 months and found it just wasn't for me and thats why I ordered a Yaris Cross as I think this will work out better until the day will come that I'll go electric again

45 minutes ago, Goinker said:

Keith.

I'm having some work done on my house and it's going to include a charging point in readiness.

My wife's next car will probably be all electric so might as well get it all set up now.

If you have a garage/driveway that a charger can be installed and 90+% of your journeys/usecase roundtrip is within the range of the EV you want then it does make a lot of sense to get one, as it will be a lot cheaper.

The problem comes if you don't fit these criteria - Then an EV will really suck compared to an ICE/hybrid car; The thing that kills it is public charging - It's now starting to get to the point that it's on average near the cost of ICE. The cheaper chargers in the 20-30p/kW area are still cheaper, but when you get the stupid ones like 70p/kW it's actually more expensive than a lot of ICE cars!

It's compounded by the fact that cars like the Mk4 Yaris exist: It costs me about £26 to do 400 miles - This is practically cost parity per mile with most EVs on public charging!

I have now been advised my car will be transported to the dealer, toyota have to just get a date when the dealer is available to accept it so hopefully will find out tomorrow

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Cyker said:

If you have a garage/driveway that a charger can be installed and 90+% of your journeys/usecase roundtrip is within the range of the EV you want then it does make a lot of sense to get one, as it will be a lot cheaper.

The problem comes if you don't fit these criteria - Then an EV will really suck compared to an ICE/hybrid car; The thing that kills it is public charging - It's now starting to get to the point that it's on average near the cost of ICE. The cheaper chargers in the 20-30p/kW area are still cheaper, but when you get the stupid ones like 70p/kW it's actually more expensive than a lot of ICE cars!

It's compounded by the fact that cars like the Mk4 Yaris exist: It costs me about £26 to do 400 miles - This is practically cost parity per mile with most EVs on public charging!

The range on EV's are getting better all the time so I think if you have the ability to charge easily at home then they will be a good choice.

I can't see any benefit for people who live in flats who will not be able to charge at home. They will have to add 30 minutes or more to some journeys for charging and be held hostage to whatever price the public chargers apply. (I felt like saying public chargers charge but it sounded funny😂🤣)

I'd like to think the government will have some plan for these people come the new rules in 8 years or so time. It will be very unfair to penalise those, especially in council flats, who are probably the poorer people to pay more. Though I doubt that they will actually care at all🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Cyker said:

I presume that's petrol cost ? When you figure in depreciation and maintenance, a different picture could emerge. I'm not confident that an EV is going to hold up in value, essentially because of Battery tech advances. I also think that where you live makes a difference, and how much money you are prepared, or are able, to put into a car. 

I appreciate that I am perhaps more fortunate than some as I have a driveway and large double garage (living in a rural area does have some advantages, almost nil public transport though), and having installed a comfortably large enough supply cable to it some years ago meant that it was relatively cheap (under £150) for the parts to enable connection. That does not of course include the cost of the EVSE (Electric Vehicle Supply Equipment) itself, a further £400+ and by installing it myself, as I am not a 'Government Registered Installer' (but a qualified Electrician), I am unable to claim the £350 Government grant, but having seen the costs quoted to others it seems the grant mainly goes into the pocket of the installers rather than reducing the total installation costs, so I don't feel hard done by. As a retiree, I don't do large mileages and the car I've ordered (Nissan Leaf 62kWh e+Tekna) has a Battery range of 'up to 239 miles' best case, so it's unlikely I'll need to rely on public charging facilities as that range will easily enable me to have a 'Day at the coast' when I choose without having to look for destination chargers when I arrive to allow me to get home. For virtually all the use I am likely to need, this will be ideal for me. 18 months ago, I would have scoffed if it had been suggested that I might buy an electric car and in fact I wasn't in favour of them, but as things move on and I spent many hours researching them I've come to realise that they are coming like it or not, and internal combustion engined vehicles (at least, in the UK) will be taxed out of existence by continued pressure from the Worldwide climate lobby and a government wanting to be seen to 'Do-the-right-thing'. Electric cars won't be suitable for everyones needs, though quite soon we won't have much choice, but for me right now and at my age, it should 'see me out'!

Keith.

• Like 2

On 12/12/2021 at 8:42 PM, Dexter290 said:

Just received confirmation of matriculation from the dealer together with 'Autorizacion provisional de circulacion' will sort insurance when we go to the village in the morning and collection arranged for Thursday. Definitely excited now 😁

• Like 1

@Dexter290 My Yaris, ordered 1 day after your Cross, will be here soon, delivery is tentatively set for 22/12. Status diving shows an estimated date of 23/12, but I spoke to the dealer today and he says we a set for the 22/12, and if the car isn't there he will loan me a car.

So I am pretty excited, too !

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Thegeeza said:

The range on EV's are getting better all the time so I think if you have the ability to charge easily at home then they will be a good choice.

I can't see any benefit for people who live in flats who will not be able to charge at home. They will have to add 30 minutes or more to some journeys for charging and be held hostage to whatever price the public chargers apply. (I felt like saying public chargers charge but it sounded funny😂🤣)

I'd like to think the government will have some plan for these people come the new rules in 8 years or so time. It will be very unfair to penalise those, especially in council flats, who are probably the poorer people to pay more. Though I doubt that they will actually care at all🤷‍♂️

You're not wrong - Most of these environmental initiatives are just a thinly disguised money grab. The ULEZ is a great example - Instead of celebrating the high vehicle compliance, KHAAAAN! is blaming us drivers for the massive funding shortfall they now have as they are getting nowhere near the amount of charges and fines they were anticipating. :laugh: 

I'm waiting for when they announce that they will be levying a tax on vehicle charging...

23 hours ago, Toyota_FanBoy said:

I have now been advised my car will be transported to the dealer, toyota have to just get a date when the dealer is available to accept it so hopefully will find out tomorrow

1 hour ago, Stopeter44 said:

@Dexter290 My Yaris, ordered 1 day after your Cross, will be here soon, delivery is tentatively set for 22/12. Status diving shows an estimated date of 23/12, but I spoke to the dealer today and he says we a set for the 22/12, and if the car isn't there he will loan me a car.

So I am pretty excited, too !

Oooh I'm excited for both of you :yahoo:

Sounds like they'll arrive just in time for some Xmas hooning :naughty: 

Urm, I mean driving friends and family around to see the Xmas lights! :biggrin: 

When do you get to pick your number plate??? (I hope you get a better selection than I did!!)

47 minutes ago, Cyker said:

When do you get to pick your number plate??? (I hope you get a better selection than I did!!)

Don't get to choose the number here in Spain, you get what you're given, as granny used to say, 4 numbers, 3 letters, like it or lump it.

• Sad 1

Mine will have my personalised plate on without the 71 plate initially.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cyker said:

You're not wrong - Most of these environmental initiatives are just a thinly disguised money grab. The ULEZ is a great example - Instead of celebrating the high vehicle compliance, KHAAAAN! is blaming us drivers for the massive funding shortfall they now have as they are getting nowhere near the amount of charges and fines they were anticipating. :laugh: 

I'm waiting for when they announce that they will be levying a tax on vehicle charging...

I am really pleased for you both😃 a really nice Chrissy present.

I've never had choice of plate on any new car I've bought🤷‍♂️. Although at the rate my car is going it will probably be a 72 plate😱😂🤣😂

• Haha 1

still awaiting transport date from dealer it's located to my local if they accept it.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Cyker said:

I think it's inevitable, where is the shortfall from the tax levied on Petrol going to be made up ?

12 hours ago, Cyker said:

When do you get to pick your number plate ???

No choice here in France, no transfer of old plates to new cars, just AB-123-CD as format. The French format is similar to the Italian format which is AB-123CD (it's just the points or hyphens that are different). This lead, (not) funnily enough, to some (French) drivers being arrested for driving stolen (Italian) cars ! This happened because the French Police database of stolen cars didn't log the country of registration, nor the points or hyphens. I think they fixed the problem a few years ago.

• Haha 1

Well well ..... Unexpected news for us.... Our Yaris cross dynamic ordered 20 October is built and left factory in France en route to ferry terminal..... So supply chain problems must be resolved..... That's much quicker than expected 👍

23 minutes ago, drobb said:

Well well ..... Unexpected news for us.... Our Yaris cross dynamic ordered 20 October is built and left factory in France en route to ferry terminal..... So supply chain problems must be resolved..... That's much quicker than expected 👍

Great ! I wonder if it is a cancelled order reassigned to you ? Since it suddenly showed up as built and on its way. Usually, it goes Processing -> Build -> Left Factory - In Transit, over a period of time. All the better for you, though!

Edited by Stopeter44

5 minutes ago, drobb said:

You really know how to upset someone😢....😂🤣😂

Wow ! would be great if they have sorted out the supply chain for the chips etc. and increased production. Ordered our Premiere Edition on 20th September - maybe too many chips needed for all the extras !

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links