Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rav4 Photo's.

Uncle Bob

Right, some of you may remember a while ago I ran a poll to decide wether I should get my side protection strips

painted before fitting. Well the vote was 50-50 so I let err indoors choose, and she chose to leave black. Well as you

know the weather this weeks been good and the stuff cant be fitted below 15 deg C so I bit the bullet and fitted this

week.Think its a case of you like them or loath them :rolleyes:

100_0545.jpg

Looks brill Dave, :thumbsup: Dont often agree with women, but your wifes bang on, better as they are IMO..Whats next Dave? I'm good at wind deflectors! :yes::yes:

Mines got 2 small supermarket ripples so I can see the good side to them. They do seem to look quite good with the tints.

Cheers

One of my latest mods...

ledlights2.JPG

Dutchrav.

It must be hard to make that car of yours look any better. It is absolutely first class and a credit to you. You and Bob should form a display team!

Looks brill Dave, :thumbsup: Dont often agree with women, but your wifes bang on, better as they are IMO..Whats next Dave? I'm good at wind deflectors! :yes::yes:

Hmmm, I fitted the wind deflectors to my 4.2 (think I done thread on it) but you are right Stewart they do look good.

Might need to add them to the wish list, at the moment I need to think about a rear bumper protector. The M I L's

wheelchair is scratching it when I put it in and out the boot. Kingo ?............................................... :lol::lol:

In fact, now that I think about it, might take a look in our works annexe, which is our Toolmaking arm. Usually bits of

nice sheet stainless bits kicking about there. ;)

Hmmm, I fitted the wind deflectors to my 4.2 (think I done thread on it) but you are right Stewart they do look good.

Might need to add them to the wish list, at the moment I need to think about a rear bumper protector. The M I L's

wheelchair is scratching it when I put it in and out the boot. Kingo ?............................................... :lol::lol:

In fact, now that I think about it, might take a look in our works annexe, which is our Toolmaking arm. Usually bits of

I've actually seen a stainless one advertised with rav4 logo, but i seem to re-call it was £169 so didnt pay it a lot more attention, I thought of that polished light duty alloy treadplate, used on LR's, but wondered if it might look a bit industrial on the Rav, sure whatever you come up with will look good,something for your engineering mind to think about :wacko:

Right, some of you may remember a while ago I ran a poll to decide wether I should get my side protection strips

painted before fitting. Well the vote was 50-50 so I let err indoors choose, and she chose to leave black. Well as you

know the weather this weeks been good and the stuff cant be fitted below 15 deg C so I bit the bullet and fitted this

Dave, you done a first class job fitting them :thumbsup:....................

...............but, the vote was 50/50 and everybody is now saying they look good black :g:

sorry, I'm going to have to restore the balance. :lol: They make a classy vehicle look slightly tacky IMO..... :P

You now have the right to tell me to **** off. :lol:....or maybe get your good lady to unlease her wrath on me? :unsure:

Has anybody with the side protectors got them painted on a 4.3? I'm sure I've not seen a 4.3 with them painted (esp silver) yet. So, painted they might actually look even worse :D

Come on, If you got them painted (obviously please not a black or carbon car!), lets have some pics please :D

Cheers

Dave, you done a first class job fitting them :thumbsup:....................

...............but, the vote was 50/50 and everybody is now saying they look good black :g:

sorry, I'm going to have to restore the balance. :lol: They make a classy vehicle look slightly tacky IMO..... :P

You now have the right to tell me to **** off. :lol:....or maybe get your good lady to unlease her wrath on me? :unsure:

Has anybody with the side protectors got them painted on a 4.3? I'm sure I've not seen a 4.3 with them painted (esp silver) yet. So, painted they might actually look even worse :D

Come on, If you got them painted (obviously please not a black or carbon car!), lets have some pics please :D

Cheers

The side protectors go on top of the paint, to protect the paint from damage, if you then paint them.. you are effectively protecting the side protectors with paint, that you have just fitted to protect the paint, so you will then need another set, to protect the paint on the side protectors, Och No, A ken ave turned into Bothy :unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:

Are they side moldings for RAV 4.3 or are they actually 4.2 moldings fitted to a 4.3? Done a bit of a google and any RAV 4.3s fitted with moldings tend to be the much thinner style - much more standard car like - the wide ones look much better to me :thumbsup:

The side protectors go on top of the paint, to protect the paint from damage, if you then paint them.. you are effectively protecting the side protectors with paint, that you have just fitted to protect the paint, so you will then need another set, to protect the paint on the side protectors

......and I have no argument with that logic, it's just the way they look. To me they just don't look good on a silver car. They look fine on a dark colour (I think you've got them if I remember correctly? and they looked great :thumbsup:).

Och No, A ken ave turned into Bothy :unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:

No chance, I only had to read the post once :D

Are they side moldings for RAV 4.3 or are they actually 4.2 moldings fitted to a 4.3? Done a bit of a google and any RAV 4.3s fitted with moldings tend to be the much thinner style - much more standard car like - the wide ones look much better to me :thumbsup:

No, they are actually Mr T's specific 4.3 moldings. Don't know whether it is still the case, but the vehicle builder on Mr T's website used to say you could have them painted, but the dealers didn't seem to be playing ball with that.

There were some thin ones made by "Cobra" that were kicking about on places like formula4x4's site. Have you found others Hoovie?

I googled "RAV4 side moldings" and saw quite a few thin ones - but from US and Canadian sites, and there was reference to them being from Toyota dealers. I thought they looked cheap to be honest - the RAV4 needs something that looks a bit more substantial.

Telt ye aboot the comapnmy at the end o the M74 ------

Telt ye aboot the comapnmy at the end o the M74 ------

:thumbsup::thumbsup: Thanks Bothy, keeping my options open.

Ruby2.jpg

Ruby4.jpg

Ruby5.jpg

Ruby6.jpg

A few pics when she was nice and clean ready for the Warrington meet which I missed anyway (with unkerbed wheels :crybaby: )

Nice Car :thumbsup:

I see you have a RAV4 and a Punto :g: A common combination- Bothwell Buyer has those two and so do I :) wonder if anyother RAV4 drivers do?

Hello everyone

New here but have been making use of all the interesting posts on the board for a while so thought I should join.

MyRAV4.jpg

You did right Marco

Welcome to the club.

Good photo of a very nice looking car.

Cheers

I need to think about a rear bumper protector. The M I L's

wheelchair is scratching it when I put it in and out the boot. Kingo ?

Sorry Dave, I missed that posting

The only protection available on an XTR is the clear protection film, the protection plate available on other RAV's wont fit the XTR. Price for the film is £41.63 DELIVERED, not much of a saving I'm afraid, only a couple of quid, but to a Scotsman.....................:D:

Kingo :thumbsup:

Two views of the same RAV4: which one looks better in your opinions?

RAV4 after I just bought him in June 2006

RAV4.JPG

RAV4 this morning (been raining so paintwork looks shiney :D

RAV4%2008%20(Small).JPG

I am thinking the RAV4s look like a more 'serious' 4x4 without the spare wheel cover

Hoovie / Marc / Iceman, thats some smart looking Rav's :thumbsup: Keep em coming.

Kingo, might have to look at an engineering alternative first, thanks :thumbsup:

Hoovie / Marc / Iceman, thats some smart looking Rav's :thumbsup: Keep em coming.

Kingo, might have to look at an engineering alternative first, thanks :thumbsup:

Yes i agree, very smart Ravs, love the 4.2s and wife would love a 3 door, but we don't use our 4.3 much,so she will have to wait for a lottery win.

before we could even dream of a second car..

Dave, wonder why the rear protection plate doesnt fit the XTR, is your rear step not as deep? or is there less clearance under the door? do you want me to photo mine for comparisson? :yes:

Hoovie, think i prefer yours without rear cover but you will have to keep wheel + tyre really shiny, your right looks more agressive IMO

The bumper without the number plate isn't as deep.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links