Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Spacesaver

c90

We do a fair amount of travelling and looking to buy a C-HR but no spare wheel is a concern and putting us of buying.

Not all situations can be can be resolved by a puncture repair kit.

My question is, if I buy a spare wheel can it be fixed in the boot.

Had a look at that on ebay but from 2010, been some changes since then to the C-HR.

Has anyone bought and fitted a spare wheel, I was told by sales that they are not supplied.

Its putting me off the C-HR.

Having been in need of a wheel change in the Black Forest were a repair kit would have been useless, that's my concern. 

8 minutes ago, c90 said:

Had a look at that on ebay but from 2010, been some changes since then to the C-HR.

Has anyone bought and fitted a spare wheel, I was told by sales that they are not supplied.

The C-HR only went into production in 2016... 😉

They won't be supplied as new (it's all to do with emissions & effects of that on taxation etc.) but can be ordered as parts. 

I bought the complete spare wheel kit for our C-HR last year. The only downside (other than the cost) is it raises the boot floor slightly so you do lose some boot space. 

Thanks y247, the loss of boot space is not a problem, could I ask what the cost was last year for the spare wheel kit just as a rough guide.

22 minutes ago, c90 said:

Thanks y247, the loss of boot space is not a problem, could I ask what the cost was last year for the spare wheel kit just as a rough guide.

It was around £290 mail order from Fish Brothers Toyota. That was for the full kit including spacesaver wheel & tyre, jack, wheelbrace, modified boot floor panel and modified trim parts to go around the wheel under the boot floor. If you're not bothered about the 'official' Toyota kit though it should be possible to get a suitable wheel, tyre and jack much cheaper from Ebay for example. 

Decent price but, modified boot floor panel, is that some welding involved and is that under the car?

Sorry for all the questions, sounds a big job.

22 minutes ago, c90 said:

Decent price but, modified boot floor panel, is that some welding involved and is that under the car?

Sorry for all the questions, sounds a big job.

No it's purely trim, nothing structural at all. When I say 'boot floor' I'm referring to the carpet-covered flat panel that lays over the top of spare wheel to give a flat floor to the boot. It's simply a case of lifting the existing panel and the various pieces of moulded trim out and laying the new pieces in, together with the wheel. No tools required at all to do it as far as I remember. 

• Like 1

Thanks again y247, it's all a bit clearer now. Looking it up seems the tyre is slightly bigger than the space it fits into, that is no problem as far as I can see.

Appreciate you taking the time to explaining the situation to me, cheers.

• Like 1