Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Spacesaver

c90

2 hours ago, Spo2 said:

I think I might have to go to Toyota Direct Parts as well. Despite providing the part numbers, the eBay store create a mess- I bought once, got wrong items, and had to send everything back. Asked again, and they have produced some different parts numbers from what @alan333 mentioned here.

Do you have a Stoneacre Toyota near you? My local one has been excellent service and sent me the attached. The wheel is listed is that the wheel as a 16" but the rolling circumference is within tolerances and all the relevant part numbers are correct.

The eBay dealer says that they do not do a space saver for a GR Sport as it has 19" wheels! As yours is a Design this should not be an issue for you.

scanwheel.pdf

3 minutes ago, Chrisg99 said:

The eBay dealer says that they do not do a space saver for a GR Sport as it has 19" wheels! 

scanwheel.pdf 712.03 kB · 0 downloads

AFAIK from talking to the parts guy at my local Toyota dealer the GR Sport space saver spare wheel is shared with the Rav 4. 

30 minutes ago, Chrisg99 said:

Do you have a Stoneacre Toyota near you? My local one has been excellent service and sent me the attached. The wheel is listed is that the wheel as a 16" but the rolling circumference is within tolerances and all the relevant part numbers are correct.

The eBay dealer says that they do not do a space saver for a GR Sport as it has 19" wheels! As yours is a Design this should not be an issue for you.

scanwheel.pdf 712.03 kB · 2 downloads

My local is Inchcape Toyota, and they say they don't do a spare wheel kit for a 2-litre hybrid. I have sent the same document as the scanned image that you have attached here- so waiting for their response. The guys from Toyota Direct Parts quote for nearly £286 vs £258.35 which you have been quoted.

Spo2, my dealer has just rung as the wheel has arrived. He has had workshops check fit to a GR Sport and measured the rolling circumference which is within half an inch. It is the 16"-wheel, part number 42600-F4210 and the tyre is a 145/90 x16.

The cost is £256.35 inc. VAT for all parts except NS side trim and the Deck board as not required.

Hope this helps.

I just received this from the dealer.

Hi Mr Gibson

https://tiresize.com/comparison/

The website above was extremely useful to compare the sizes we were talking about

Hope this helps

Steve Richards

Parts Advisor

Stoneacre Toyota Teesside

Cygnet Drive

Bowesfield Farm

Stockton-on-Tees

TS18 3DZ

tel - 01642 667755

email - Steve.Richards@Stoneacre.co.uk

To make thing more confusing, my local Toyota dealer came up with those in the attached pic. Can somebody confirm that the Design trim uses the same parts as all other trims of 2-litre C-HR?

image.thumb.png.bafb0d894fa51baabe139687c49287a0.png

27 minutes ago, Spo2 said:

To make things more confusing, my local Toyota dealer came up with those in the attached pic. Can somebody confirm that the Design trim uses the same parts as all other trims of 2-litre C-HR?

image.thumb.png.bafb0d894fa51baabe139687c49287a0.pngC_HR_Spare_Wheel_Kit_2019_10v2(19). pdfC_HR_Spare_Wheel_Kit_2019_10v2(19).pdf

C_HR_Spare_Wheel_Kit_2019_10v2(19).pdf

If you look at the list Stoneacre sent me, you will notice that some of your part numbers appear under the different models. Really confusing.

15 minutes ago, Chrisg99 said:

If you look at the list Stoneacre sent me, you will notice that some of your part numbers appear under the different models. Really confusing.

C_HR_Spare_Wheel_Kit_2019_10v2(19).pdf 3.02 MB · 1 download

It seems they follow the same manual. Toyota on eBay recommended me the same and then I had to return all. I think I am going to ask just to provide the items with the part number that I mention.

Hi Sol,

Have you received the DM reply as my phone shut down at the wrong time?

Chris.

1 hour ago, Spo2 said:

To make thing more confusing, my local Toyota dealer came up with those in the attached pic. Can somebody confirm that the Design trim uses the same parts as all other trims of 2-litre C-HR?

image.thumb.png.bafb0d894fa51baabe139687c49287a0.png

I don’t think the floor/boot layout will be different from a MY2021 to a MY2022, nor do I think it would be any different from spec to spec.

You’ll have to take a punt one way or the other tho… do you choose to go with the dealer's parts list, and if the parts don’t fit they can take them back?  Or do you choose parts that have been shown to fit a 2.0, and risk that the boot setup is the same as ours? (btw we have two 2.0 2021 C-HR's, one with JBL [and therefore a subwoofer in the boot] and one without).

It's your call.

3 hours ago, Chrisg99 said:

The eBay dealer says that they do not do a space saver for a GR Sport as it has 19" wheels! 

On page 1 of this thread Devon Aygo listed the parts numbers for the space saver for cars with 19”wheels.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, alan333 said:

I don’t think the floor/boot layout will be different from a MY2021 to a MY2022, nor do I think it would be any different from spec to spec.

You’ll have to take a punt one way or the other tho… do you choose to go with the dealer's parts list, and if the parts don’t fit they can take them back?  Or do you choose parts that have been shown to fit a 2.0, and risk that the boot setup is the same as ours? (btw we have two 2.0 2021 C-HR's, one with JBL [and therefore a subwoofer in the boot] and one without).

It's your call.

Alan, thanks. Definitely not going by what the dealer proposed. Those were the ones recommended by Toyota eBay store- they did not fit and I had to return them. I am going to specifically ask for the part numbers that you have mentioned. Those that you have mentioned, they do fit your C-HR without the JBL? Right? If they do, then they should fit my Design vehicle too which is without JBL. Also would prefer to buy from a local dealer as I can go and return. Returning whole of the order to Toyota eBay was a bit hard!

2 minutes ago, Spo2 said:

Alan, thanks. Definitely not going by what the dealer proposed. Those were the ones recommended by Toyota ebay store- they did not fit and I had to return them. I am going to specifically ask for the part numbers that you have mentioned. Those that you have mentioned, they do fit your C-HR without the JBL? Right? If they do, then they should fit my Design vehicle too which is without JBL. Also would prefer to buy from a local dealer as I can go and return. Returning whole of the order to Toyota Ebay was a bit hard!

Yes the parts fit both cars.  (I only mentioned the JBL because it's the only reason I can think of which might cause the boot to be different).

• Like 1

The JBL subwoofer fits in the right hand side of the boot in place of the lidded side storage compartment ( if you have that fitted ) 

• Like 2

@Chrisg99 and @forkingabout: It seems some part numbers of the  spare wheel kit has changed. Dealers are already replacing them in the quote even if I ask them what is mentioned in this thread - I have been asking what Alan mentioned. So if someone buys the kit and it fits, it would be great if you could update the part numbers here.

• Like 1

I'm still waiting for the wheel to show up. 

It does mean I'm not planning any trips away with the C-HR until I have the security of a spare wheel. 

Why Toyota automotive can't just list a single part number with an accessory kit with all the parts required included like we do over in the forklift world for retrofitting stuff I've no idea. 

My dealer replaced  51931-02040 (the wheel clamp) with 51931-12160. Not sure if this is right.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spo2 said:

@Chrisg99 and @forkingabout: It seems some part numbers of the  spare wheel kit has changed. Dealers are already replacing them in the quote even if I ask them what is mentioned in this thread - I have been asking what Alan mentioned. So if someone buys the kit and it fits, it would be great if you could update the part numbers here.

I bought a second kit from my parts numbers only last week.  It was all at the dealer in 3 working days.  Personally, I'd speak to your dealer and clarify what parts they’re changing and why.

edit… from the parts numbers kindly supplied by @Devon Aygo earlier in this thread.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, alan333 said:

I bought a second kit from my parts numbers only last week.  It was all at the dealer in 3 working days.  Personally, I'd speak to your dealer and clarify what parts they’re changing and why.

edit… from the parts numbers kindly supplied by @Devon Aygo earlier in this thread.

The issue is the 19" wheels on a GR. When they originally enquired to Toyota head office the word was we do not do a space saver for 19" wheels.

Well I've had a productive hour, Toyota dealer called me to say the spare wheel parts where all finally in so I popped down there to collect them, then went home & fitted it.

PXL_20220511_144305904 - Copy.jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, forkingabout said:

Well I've had a productive hour, Toyota dealer called me to say the spare wheel parts where all finally in so I popped down there to collect them, then went home & fitted it.

PXL_20220511_144305904 - Copy.jpg

That looks very nice! Were the part numbers the same as what Allan and Devon Aygo mentioned?!

Just now, Spo2 said:

That looks very nice! Were the part numbers the same as what Allan and Devon Aygo mentioned?!

Mostly but I would have to check the paperwork which is out in the car. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links