Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Spacesaver

c90

On 3/15/2022 at 11:40 AM, Geoffrey Critchley said:

Hi,

I have fitted a spacesaver to my Orange edition, no problems at all. I ordered the parts from Toyota direct, they are on this forum and the service was great. Part numbers and cost below. If anyone wants photographs just let me know as the garage told me it could not be done.

Foam insert    64429-F4010  £39

Foam insert    64495-F4070  £19

Wheel clamp   51931-F4011  £2.62

I used a wooden block to support the spacesaver at the rear of the car to save money. Hope this helps

Geoff

Geoff, I assume you have 19" wheels fitted as on a GD? On my C-HR May 2022 GR, I haven't a securing bolt/nut in the boot to secure a spare wheel. Did yours have a securing nut or how did you get over that?

My C-HR GR 05/2022 came without a welded nut to secure a spare wheel too in the boot. Barring taking the car somewhere to have a nut welded to the boot floor and painted,--is there an alternative solution?

I don't fancy a heavy unsecured spare wheel & tyre catapulting into the passenger area and messing up my hair.

Hair, those were the days?

Similar topics merged.

1 hour ago, A T said:

.Hair, those were the days?

Well you know what they say...

Hair today, gone tomorrow.

1 hour ago, A T said:

My C-HR GR 05/2022 came without a welded nut to secure a spare wheel too in the boot. Barring taking the car somewhere to have a nut welded to the boot floor and painted,--is there an alternative solution?

I don't fancy a heavy unsecured spare wheel & tyre catapulting into the passenger area and messing up my hair.

Have you been through all the posts in this thread. As one has a pic, with the threaded hole highlighted. 

23 hours ago, A T said:

My 2022 GR Sport had the securing nut in place when I stripped all the original polysyrene out.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/23/2023 at 10:18 PM, A T said:

Definitely no threaded hole in the boot.

OOPs-- perhaps I need SpecSavers not spare wheel?

Yes there is a threaded hole in my boot floor as shown in the pics above thank you kindley Steve (sh22). I had went this afternoon to collect the parts ordered for my GR 2LT. Toyota parts person was/is absolutely positive the conversion isn't possible. 

I just printed out your photos to have another try tomorrow by showing him the pics.

On 8/19/2022 at 1:27 PM, sh22 said:

Having decided to have a space saver wheel for the 2022 2.0 litre Hybrid CHR,   I followed with interest other members who successfully bought the necessary parts to do same.  All parts arrived but today when I went to install the parts I found out to my horror my car's floor panel won't accept a wheel and was never intended to have one as there wasn't even the encapsulated nut/bracket welded to the floor for the retaining bolt/handle.  The 12volt battery is also taking up space.  

So the the inner quarter trim panel, the rear plastic panel trim panel, 2 pieces of moulded foam and a new hard board floor are all of no use.      I am keeping the space saver wheel, jack and tools but the wheel will have to stay in the boot eating into the limited space.    I'm sure the dealer will take back the parts I can't use.

I'm assuming the 2022 floor was modified in some way and is different to other 2.0 hybrid CHR's.  Not sure if  earlier CHR's  even had the 12 volt battery in the boot as my car has.   I should have waited till the car arrived so I could evaluate the space available for a space saver.       

Empty Floor Space.jpg

Storage Tray.jpg

Tray and Battery.jpg

Yes there is a threaded hole in my boot floor as shown in the pics above thank you kindley Steve (sh22). I had went this afternoon to collect the parts ordered for my GR 2LT. Toyota parts person was/is absolutely positive the conversion isn't possible. 

I just printed out your photos to have another try tomorrow by showing him the pics.

On 5/4/2023 at 9:50 PM, A T said:

My dad has 2022 GR sport 2.0. The kit from Toyota direct parts fits perfectly. . .

https://toyotadirectparts.co.uk/parts/toyota-c-hr/toyota-c-hr-mk-1/c-hr-mk-1-accessories/toyota-c-hr-2-0-litre-spare-wheel-kit/

much easier to order this (free delivery I think) then mess around with a dealer who has no idea. 

I had no issues with my local Toyota dealer who are Stratstone (other makes sold by Stratstone may not be good with first hand experience, you take what you can get). But he pulled out the PDF showing parts and part numbers and said you do not need the floor panel or the N?S trim if it is a 2 litre gave me a price with decent discount and parts arrived two days later. Fitted in no time, all good.

It's amazing how some dealers are great, and others have no clue

• Like 2

Got a space saver and a boot liner thrown in for free. "Shy bairns get no sweets." No complaints at all.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I'm looking to buy a space saver wheel and kit for my CHR, Excel, 18inch wheels.

Has anyone bought one? Where from? How much? Tried it out? 

Thanks